• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

Well we were going to leave tomorrow AM at 6am but I was getting kinda worried. I am going to have some disappointed kiddos, but I think this is the right thing to do. We were planning on going for my birthday (Saturday) and to celebrate my twins birthday on the 27th.

I only hope I get a full refund or can rebook when things are better. I paid in full GCH, tickets and flight thru Costco Travel.

SIGH :(

We flew in from Orlando on Wednesday morning and are/were due to check in to the DLH tomorrow early in the morning and then go straight to the park. We are now wondering what to do... should we check in and then talk to Disney at the hotel about options? We are already here in Anaheim so we can’t cancel flights... Thinking about coming back in end of July if Disney will work with us but have no idea how we’re going to pay for another 4 round trip tickets this summer.

We flew in from Orlando on Wednesday morning and are/were due to check in to the DLH tomorrow early in the morning and then go straight to the park. We are now wondering what to do... should we check in and then talk to Disney at the hotel about options? We are already here in Anaheim so we can’t cancel flights... Thinking about coming back in end of July if Disney will work with us but have no idea how we’re going to pay for another 4 round trip tickets this summer.

Oh no. I am so sorry. That’s awful. Talk to Disney maybe they can do something. We had a terrible experience our first trip and they gave us free tickets

Hey everyone, it looks like this thread is probably more or less done given the events of today. Things *appeared* to be settling in my life and I had planned to resume taking over the thread tonight, and then.... well, you know. I do want to extend a sincere thank you to @theluckyrabbit for holding the fort.

I hope everyone who made it in the first half of the month had a great time, and that everyone whose trips were interrupted get to reschedule. I've already rebooked our flights and hotel for August, and I'm praying--for the health and safety of the entire world--that this crisis is under control by then.

Stay well, everyone.

Take care everyone.... dd and I are still coming south if Jet Blue is still flying... but now we need to think about another time we can come do DL... I was so looking forward to all the things....

Debating on joining the August thread.... I hope everyone is able to reschedule. I have everything cancelled after 2 hours on hold with Jet Blue.

Everyone whose March trips were cancelled - please make sure to check your Oga's, Savi's, and Droid Depot reservations.

I checked the app this morning and my Goofy's Kitchen (March 30) and, interestingly, Oga's (April 1) reservations were gone, but the Savi's and Droid Depot (also April 1) were still there. I tried to cancel them and it said "cannot complete request at this time", but it's something will keep my eye on.

For those of you who had to call Disney to cancel, how long did it take you to get through?
Our trip was supposed to be 3/13-3/17. I booked thru Costco travel. I could not get thru on Thursday after the closure was announced. My package included tickets, GCH reservation and flights with American Airlines. Yesterday I spent 3.5 hrs on phone with Costco/Disney. We are getting a refund for the tickets and hotel ( we had already paid) and can rebook with American for flights as long as it is before Dec 31, 2020. Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter