March Trip reports

Although, at this time of year, I would almost welcome an uncomfortable warm.....

Yup- kids want to swim, my 6year old runs around with no shirt on even when it is 45 out.
It is 41 this morning...hubby said "no one is swimming if it is like this". I like 80. 45 is too cold and 90 is too hot haha.

Yeah, I always feel silly complaining about 40 when everyone else is in the snow...but hey- at least you know what to expect. When it is 80 and 40 in the same week (or day!) we get super confused haha.

Perfect timing for us though- the HIGH in Austin on Sunday is 48...but in Orlando on check in day, it should be 72.

Driving from Arizona, leaving on 3/5 checking in on 3/14 for stay untill 4/14. Will have no fax for early site request, will phone call to fort office work. Driving 45ft moho and toad. Have premium site but like to request a loop and large site.

Driving from Arizona. Will have no fax for early site request, will phone call to fort office work.
Christine,

:welcome:

Quite the drive you have. Yes, a phone call should get a note on your reservation. Adding your total length helps them make sure you have a long enough site. I always want to see their expression when I say I'm 65ft long- 42 trailer and 23 truck, but since buying the bigger trailer, it has worked.

j

Christine,

:welcome:

Quite the drive you have. Yes, a phone call should get a note on your reservation. Adding your total length helps them make sure you have a long enough site. I always want to see their expression when I say I'm 65ft long- 42 trailer and 23 truck, but since buying the bigger trailer, it has worked.

j
Thanks for the great info. How soon before arriving is best to call and what time is best to arrive at park. Thanks again

Thanks for the great info. How soon before arriving is best to call and what time is best to arrive at park. Thanks again

Our request is getting faxed in on behalf of Touring Plans today, so 6 days before arrival. I would call in a request a week before and then "check in" online as well. We are taking Ed's advice and trying to get there as early as possible (7-8am is early for us) and taking the first available in our requested loop. (shhhh...don't tell Ed but we requested 2000 instead of 1500)

We are taking Ed's advice and trying to get there as early as possible (7-8am is early for us) and taking the first available in our requested loop. (shhhh...don't tell Ed but we requested 2000 instead of 1500)

WHAT?

giphy.gif

I can gare-un-tee you that you will get 2000, too, if you arrive that early and will take any site. I'm willing to bet PaHunter's truck on it (rinky dinky little foreign 2-cylinder that it is :rolleyes:). Heck, you can probably drive down and set up right away and have breakfast there.

Since you are clearly suffering from Mad Cow's Disease and insist on 2000 loop, the least I can do is offer some advice as to potential sites. Since you are arriving early, even if you check in on-line early, go in and use some personal charm, chat up the CM's working the morning shift, and inquire about some specific sites.

First, I have camped in 2038 with a tent and 2045 with a popup. There are two comfort stations shown in the brown rectangles below. The Creekside Meadow group camping area is behind 2039-2047 outside sites (bottom left of pic). The bus stop is near one of the CS along the road.

2000 loop.jpg

2038 was too close to the CS for a tent. I heard the doors bang all night long (Men's side, Women's side, Laundry Room in middle). But sites on the outside near it (2037-2047) are close to that CS, short walk to the bus stop, and you can walk out the BACK of the site, along the edge of Creekside Meadow, and there is a wooden bridge over the storm ditch and defined trail that walks into the back of the 900 loop onto its road. THOSE are the ones I would try to get if I were you-but with specific requests you may have to wait a little if the current guests are clearing out that morning. So it's a shortcut to the Meadow Trading Post, pool, campfire singalong area, etc. if you are walking. I used it while in 2045 and it was a nice timesaver for us.

I had a thread a while back with pictures of the shortcut from 2000 across the bridge to 900. I'll look and see if I can find it and post a link here for you.

EDIT: https://www.disboards.com/threads/at-the-fort-now-till-sunday-april-10.2694753/page-2#post-40640380

On page 2 start after post #24. With pictures. ;)

Bama Ed

PS - oh and walk through 1500 once while you are there and tell me about what you think once you get home.... :bored:

PPS - my buddy amcc has been put in 2000 with her family's popup several times. Maybe she will chime in.

Last edited:
Great tips Ed! I'll remember those when I get there. We had to submit our request yesterday, so I picked 2000 Loop,2027,2030,2052, 2012,inner loop

My hubby was set on getting first available, so I figured I might as well just settle on 2000 now and be done with it. We plan on looping on check in day so I'll scope 1500 for sure.

Driving from Arizona, leaving on 3/5 checking in on 3/14 for stay untill 4/14. Will have no fax for early site request, will phone call to fort office work. Driving 45ft moho and toad. Have premium site but like to request a loop and large site.
@Christine raynor, if you're interested, check out the post Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit 2.0. There are 2 portable(ish) fire pits available for Fort Dis'ers.
If you don't want to use but could pass along to someone else, it would be much appreciated. :thumbsup2

It has been said here on the board that CMs get the reservations 3 days before arrival date. The computer does most of the assignments and the CMs address anything the computer couldn't figure out and any requests. I think calling at a week in advance couldn't hurt and maybe the morning of the 3rd day before arrival.

I'm willing to bet PaHunter's truck on it (rinky dinky little foreign 2-cylinder that it is :rolleyes:).
Ed likes to bet Chris' truck a lot, but I do have to make a small correction. It's actually a little foreign 6 cylinder. Never mind that one "cylinder" is the size of a Prius.

I went looping through the 2000 loop in September. I liked it. It reminded me of my old time camping days. I was glad I was in a golf cart. I don't think my dually would have made it through the loop. :-)

j

It has been said here on the board that CMs get the reservations 3 days before arrival date. The computer does most of the assignments and the CMs address anything the computer couldn't figure out and any requests. I think calling at a week in advance couldn't hurt and maybe the morning of the 3rd day before arrival. :-) j

Like I said, go on offense with charm. Be pleasant, not pushy, laugh, comment on their home town on their name tag etc. A little sugar goes a long way as we say in the south.

Ed likes to bet Chris' truck a lot, but I do have to make a small correction. It's actually a little foreign 6 cylinder. Never mind that one "cylinder" is the size of a Prius:-) j

Almost as much as I like to bet your big bad truck Jim. But, after I think it over, Chris' truck is yellow. So his takes precedence.

My gif didn’t work, but staying in 2000, let me be the first to welcome you to the poltergeist loop.

SHHHHhhhh.... Vince don't spoil it. Maybe there will be some locals come in with their karioke machine for a little "Midnight Magic" from 12mid to 12noon.

(for charity, of course). :rolleyes1

Silly Me

Last edited:
Almost as much as I like to bet your big bad truck Jim. But, after I think it over, Chris' truck is yellow. So his takes precedence.
Funny you should say that. DW just saw the pic of Chris' truck on the Mortal Fools thread and said that would be a nice truck if it wasn't yellow. :D

She's not a yellow fan. :(

On a March TR topic. My Fb calendar just reminded me that I arrived to WDW one year ago yesterday. This was our All Star Sports stay. Beautiful weather all week. 80s, no rain. Perfect.

I hope everyone heading down this year gets it as good.

j

Noting tonight that there is a rocket launch from the Cape on Wednesday night when I am there.

We are camping 8 miles from the launch pad.

Rocket Launch.png

With my luck it will be scrubbed till the following week :guilty:. But I did get to see a SpaceX launch a few years ago when I was shivering on Epcot Center Drive in January about 5am before a Half/Whole Disney Marathon and they sent a resupply up to the ISS. I looked back over my shoulder, knowing what time it would launch, and there it was.

A tiny moving flame in the sky.

Hope to be closer in a few weeks though.

Bama Ed

PS - yeah, I'm a space nerd that way. Engines in the sky get my attention....

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. DW just saw the pic of Chris' truck on the Mortal Fools thread and said that would be a nice truck if it wasn't yellow. :D j

Hey, I'd chip in $100 if he would paint it the proper color wheel "Crimson".

I mean, he could do a "Go Fund Me" page and profess his love of Crimson and the benjamin$ would just ROLL on In.

[closet Tide fans are out there in PA ready to show their love]

Bama Ed

My gif didn’t work, but staying in 2000, let me be the first to welcome you to the poltergeist loop.

I am SO glad your GIF didn't work (God knows me well haha)
When I saw that image I thought "is that from poltergeist? what does that even mean?!!!? " Then a quick Google and I found your answer haha.

Unfortunately, my kids may be some of those. It really takes them a day or so to remember we are camping and that other people "live there too".

Sorta sorry y'all...hence my signature. We are Wild+Free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter