Marriott Choices. Sabal Palms, Royal Palms, Cypress Harbour, or Lakeshore Reserve

Anc96

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I are going to Disney the end of Sept into Oct. I'm trying to decide which resort would suit us best.
I know the Palms are the closest in proximity to Disney, but since we rarely go back to the resort mid day, I don't think thats too important to us. We've stayed at the Grande Vista and the Harbor Lake before and the ride was fine for us, but I'm not sure about the ride to the Lakeshore Reserve as I've read it's over half an hour away?
I'd like a resort that's updated, more adult than either the Grande Vista or Harbor Lake (might have been the very kid friendly pools at both those resorts.)
We have no kids (all grown and out), so kids activities and kid friendly pools are not important, and we'd rather avoid them.
The Lakeshore looks fantastic, except that half an hour seems a bit long especially if there might be traffic to make the ride even longer. Also, are the balconies at the Lakeshore enclosed like the other Marriotts? Looking at tripadvisor/google pics it looks as though they are not. If not, that's a deal breaker for me :)
The Palms have me a bit worried because they're the oldest and I don't know when they've last been updated. I don't know much about the Cypress Harbour except it looks very pretty!
We'd love a lazy river pool and can't tell if the Lakeshore is the only one with one. And pool bars are a must since we like to wind down from the day at the pool with a cocktail or several...

Any info and opinions would be so appreciated!

TIA
Anc96

I would go for Lakeshore if you want a lazy river. It is Marriott Vacation Club’s newest resort in Orlando and gorgeous. I don’t think it is that much farther away to worry about. Cypress Harbour is great, too, one of my favorites but no lazy river like Lakeshore has. I cannot remember if Lakeshore is screened in on the patio. I know Cypress Harbour has screened porches (very large porch area with a full size patio table and chairs).

Thank you for your reply :)
I checked a bit more and the Lakeshore's balconies are not screened in. I don't think I'd be comfortable with that... but it does look so nice!
I like the look of the Cypress Harbour, and I think it's between the Cyrpress and the Sabal Palms. I think I'll let my fiance make the final choice. I know we'd be happy with either one. Thanks for your input!

Cypress Harbour is fantastic. There are basically two main pools, and during busier times both will have bars open, and one or two “quiet” pools. No lazy river, but while main pool by check in will have kids activities I didn’t find it bad. The pool across lake is close to villa we like to stay at and is usually quiet- will bring my own drink frequently
I think Lakeshore is just a few minutes further from Cypress Harbour. Lakeshore is the only Marriot vacation club we haven’t stayed at, supposed to be stunning. But Cypress Harbour is our hands down favorite of the all the others! I prefer buildings 64-66 as that side tends to be a bit quieter and we prefer top floor.

Sabal is great location but it’s definitely an older resort. But amenities from World center are pretty nice! Many (if not all?) Sabal building don’t have an lift. So if you like upper floor you will have stairs, and the living room (at least on upper units) have a step down into living area and master bedroom. The shower is HUGE at Sabal, but that ginormous glass block shower shower wall let’s in a ton of light, so no sleeping in in am in dark!

I just booked the Cypress Harbour and we're really looking forward to it!
Thank you for the helpful info, and your building preferences. It sounds like an area we'd like. We stayed a couple of times at the Grande Vista and we prefer building 82. A short walk to the quiet main pool with a bar (across the bridge from the larger more kid friendly pool), yet not facing the pool so it's nice and quiet.
I think the next time we'll try the LakeShore, even though I'm really not crazy about the idea of having an open balcony in Florida. It looks fantastic.
Thank you again :)

I just booked the Cypress Harbour and we're really looking forward to it!
Thank you for the helpful info, and your building preferences. It sounds like an area we'd like. We stayed a couple of times at the Grande Vista and we prefer building 82. A short walk to the quiet main pool with a bar (across the bridge from the larger more kid friendly pool), yet not facing the pool so it's nice and quiet.
I think the next time we'll try the LakeShore, even though I'm really not crazy about the idea of having an open balcony in Florida. It looks fantastic.
Thank you again :)
We really liked the Grande Vista too-But Cypress Harbour became our favorite. I had to go look-we were in building 89 at Grande Vista-nice and quiet, pretty golf course view, but a bit too far from the main clubhouse pool.
I think you will love Cypress Harbour!

We really liked the Grande Vista too-But Cypress Harbour became our favorite. I had to go look-we were in building 89 at Grande Vista-nice and quiet, pretty golf course view, but a bit too far from the main clubhouse pool.
I think you will love Cypress Harbour!
Thank you! I'm getting excited now! Our last trip back in November we only did Universal and I soooo missed Disney!
We're booked from Sept 21 to Oct 5th, and I was lucky enough to get reservations for an Illuminations Cruise the last week of it's showing! (Now if I can get a few people to share, that'd be great lol). I'm hoping my daughter can make it down for a week, or at least a couple of days, to go on the cruise with us. I took her to Disney every year from the time she was about 5.5 unitl she left for college (She graduated in May). Our last day we would always go to Epcot to watch Illuminations. I'm sad to see it go, but excited to see Epcot Forever the week before we leave!

I think we'll love the Cypress too, and we'll have at least a couple of days when we can just enjoy what the resort has to offer :)

Thanks again for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter