• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mary poppins costume

I'm so sorry I wasn't on yesterday and earlier today!

I make the two separate dresses, then tack them together at the shoulders and/or waist or - it's not even necessary to tack them. You can leave them as separate dresses.

I think they "flow" nicer as separate dresses -but if you've already done it at the shoulders don't fret! It will work out fine!:woohoo:

I can't PM or email you - I don't have enough posts!

pm me or email if you have more questions. If you send me your email address I can send you more pics of one in progress.

Good luck!

Has anyone done a costume of the first outfit (the nanny outfit)? My daughter want's to be that Mary Poppins (the one she comes in first). Or have any great ideas to help me out?

Thanks!
-Mandie

I'm so sorry I wasn't on yesterday and earlier today!

I make the two separate dresses, then tack them together at the shoulders and/or waist or - it's not even necessary to tack them. You can leave them as separate dresses.

I think they "flow" nicer as separate dresses -but if you've already done it at the shoulders don't fret! It will work out fine!:woohoo:

I can't PM or email you - I don't have enough posts!

pm me or email if you have more questions. If you send me your email address I can send you more pics of one in progress.

Good luck!

Wow, thanks for all the tips about the Mary Poppins dress! I saw these posted on the Disboutiquers thread. You do amazing work! You need to come join us over there!

So Fairygoodmother just finished the Mary Poppins.
This is the one we are calling the VonTrap dress because it is made out of curtain panels.:lmao:

1663.jpg

Has anyone done a costume of the first outfit (the nanny outfit)? My daughter want's to be that Mary Poppins (the one she comes in first). Or have any great ideas to help me out?

Thanks!
-Mandie

My daughter wore the blue skirt/black coat/striped scarf with black boots and hat last year. It was really easy to put together, but I did have to utilize some resources (friends who knit, etc.) It was ADORABLE and warm, since it is usually cold here by Halloween.

Ilove this dress it just shows if you are talented at sewing how inexpensively you can sew things for there is no need to pay a crazy price to someone who charges way to much for something that doesnt cost much for the fabric.My friend is going to make me one i did buy the Organza for $30 but the rest of fabric way cheaper.Thank you Fairy Godmother i have never seen Mary poppins outfit so beautiful as yours.:cool1: :cool1:

Another GORGEOUS dress!!!!!

Oh and she also dropped this off at the same time....

1664.jpg

Bo Peep from Toy Story. My youngest could not decide if she wanted to be Mary Poppins or Bo Peep. So Auntie made her both. :love:

Yup, they are a little spoiled, er a, well loved.

I just saw a beautiful adult Mary outfit for $50 on the site we all know the lady has 10 of them i dont think im allowed to post name .Let me know if you cant find it .Iknow someone was looking for a reasonably priced Jolly holiday costume it is nice.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I know this may sound silly but Halloween is my fave holiday and I've been looking for an adult MP costume. Anyone have any ideas?

Hey Fairygodmother...
I began sewing the dress. it only took me about an 1 1/2 hours to sew the white underdress and 'some' of the organza overlay. I had to use a serger becuase of the fabric I chose. So... mid seem on the last hem of the skirt, a needle broke and the machine was acting funny. It's being serviced right now, but the dress is coming along great! Thank you soo much for all your advise! I can't wait to show you how it comes out, but wanted to tell you that is was coming along!

I made a Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday costume last year. I don't know how to post a picture but I made it my avatar. I found the parrot parasol at The Disney Store and so here we both are!

Edit: I just did some reading and posting and maybe this will work....

HPIM1769-2.jpg

HPIM17653.jpg

Hey Fairygodmother...
I began sewing the dress. it only took me about an 1 1/2 hours to sew the white underdress and 'some' of the organza overlay. I had to use a serger becuase of the fabric I chose. So... mid seem on the last hem of the skirt, a needle broke and the machine was acting funny. It's being serviced right now, but the dress is coming along great! Thank you soo much for all your advise! I can't wait to show you how it comes out, but wanted to tell you that is was coming along!

Did you ever finish your costume? I'm ready to start working on one for my dd. Very last minute but she really wants to be Mary Poppins for Halloween!!!

I just finished my costume for a little friend of mine. I want to thank all who posted tips. The dress turned out great. I would post pictures, but am very computer challenged. Thank heavans I don't have the same challenges with a sewing machine! Anyway, thanks for all of the information that was posted to make the Jolly Holiday Dress. It took me a lot longer to finish than I thought it would, but it was worth every minute, just to see the look on my little friends face the first time she saw her dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter