MAW / Big Give Album Interest Thread! NEW INFO IN POST #1! please read!

Before I commit to anything I do have a few questions that might make me sound stupid.
How many sets do we have to do for the selected letter? Are we only doing 1 set or 26 sets each KWIM
One more question, I have never done anything including sketches but it seems fairly easy. If I go ahead, would you ladies be able to look over my set and let me know if I need to change anything?

Before I commit to anything I do have a few questions that might make me sound stupid.
How many sets do we have to do for the selected letter? Are we only doing 1 set or 26 sets each KWIM
One more question, I have never done anything including sketches but it seems fairly easy. If I go ahead, would you ladies be able to look over my set and let me know if I need to change anything?

never a stupid question! they way this will work is depending on how many swappers we get will determine how many letters you will do

if we get 13 swappers, everyone take 2 letters and create a title beginning with that letter so you would make 13 sets of each letter!
if we get 9 swappers, you would pick 3 letters and one swapper would commit to the opening and closing pages and make 9 sets of each letter.
since we are going to be donating some albums too that number will go up to include the Big Give albums...so if we choose to do 5 for the Big Give you would make 18 sets of each letter....this swap will be very time consuming and some $$ being spent too. You can then decided to keep your set of pages or donate them also.

I'd be happy to look over any of your pages if you think they need to be, but I feel comfortable with your work and know you'll do great! you can just PM me a photo of the pages!

let me know if you have any other questions!

BTW, how's your newest little princess doing?

Lisa, I would love to join you on this one, but I'm afraid I just won't have the time. I'm going to be working a few 40+ hr weeks while a co-worker is on maternity leave starting around the first of Sept. With the start of school, dance and jr high baseball, I'm going to be run off my feet. I would like to help with the cost on albums and page protectors for the MAW books though. I'll send you some $$ when you get ready to make the purchases. I'll be watching this thread to see all the amazing pages you guys create.

That's what I had understood but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. We do have a trip planned from August 11-26 to the beach and Disney but If I was to get my butt in gear I could have everything cut by then, use my week at the beach to assemble as I won't be able to do much with our little princess and then mail from there as suppose to home to save cost as 12X12 will be VERY expensive from Canada LOL

You know what... count me in.

My little princess is doing good. She's getting to be a big monkey but is fairly a good baby. She pretty much eats and sleeps all the time still. The older ones are finding it hard to have her around and not be able to play with herall the time. They complain that she sleeps too much

Lisa, I would love to join you on this one, but I'm afraid I just won't have the time. I'm going to be working a few 40+ hr weeks while a co-worker is on maternity leave starting around the first of Sept. With the start of school, dance and jr high baseball, I'm going to be run off my feet. I would like to help with the cost on albums and page protectors for the MAW books though. I'll send you some $$ when you get ready to make the purchases. I'll be watching this thread to see all the amazing pages you guys create.

oh thank you Sheila....nice you are helping out your co-worker, guess some extra $$ for Disney!!

That's what I had understood but wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. We do have a trip planned from August 11-26 to the beach and Disney but If I was to get my butt in gear I could have everything cut by then, use my week at the beach to assemble as I won't be able to do much with our little princess and then mail from there as suppose to home to save cost as 12X12 will be VERY expensive from Canada LOL

You know what... count me in.

My little princess is doing good. She's getting to be a big monkey but is fairly a good baby. She pretty much eats and sleeps all the time still. The older ones are finding it hard to have her around and not be able to play with herall the time. They complain that she sleeps too much

sounds good, I don't want you to feel overwhelmed to get them done on your vacation though!
happy she is doing so well! cute the big girls want to play with her when they can't, sure that willchange some when she's more mobile and awake longer!

Ok I sent out some help requests!!

I have a few interested.....

How many maw books to you want to make? Not including those who are donating. And not including players, since we won't know that till sign ups. So those wanting to help kinda have an idea of how many they'll be making.

Lisa,

I wish I could help but we have to have PJ packed and ready to move mid-Aug, the boys start school, sports seasons for the boys will be in full swing... not including the weekend we will take the boys and go see PJ and her University for parent weekend... DH and I are going to be stretched really thin (especially with a 3 hour drive one way. we have to do in one day on move in day so we will be 6 hours on the road!!! As we have to be back for the boys school the following day and soccer game...plus get my mom or sis back to their homes).....
I will watch over the thread....
and I will be happy to donate $$$$ for an album and page protectors...

Ok I sent out some help requests!!

I have a few interested.....

How many maw books to you want to make? Not including those who are donating. And not including players, since we won't know that till sign ups. So those wanting to help kinda have an idea of how many they'll be making.

thanks for passing the word Rachal! hard to say, if we get enough ladies who want to donate their pages we wouldn't have to make the extra sets! I would like to be able to donate 3-4 albums, will ask for everyone to post if they want to keep or donate their sets!

Lisa,

I wish I could help but we have to have PJ packed and ready to move mid-Aug, the boys start school, sports seasons for the boys will be in full swing... not including the weekend we will take the boys and go see PJ and her University for parent weekend... DH and I are going to be stretched really thin (especially with a 3 hour drive one way. we have to do in one day on move in day so we will be 6 hours on the road!!! As we have to be back for the boys school the following day and soccer game...plus get my mom or sis back to their homes).....
I will watch over the thread....
and I will be happy to donate $$$$ for an album and page protectors...

I totally understand Nan, thanks for offering to help with the extra costs!

I could also push the due date back a bit if that will help others!

Okay ladies to get a better number of albums we will be able to donate, please indicate if you want to keep your set or donate it!

Thanks!

I'd like to keep my set, but ammore than happy to make say 15 or 16 layouts per letter insead of the 13 to have extras for gifts! Whatever you decide!

I'd like to keep my set too for the simple reason that I'm taking my teenage bro and would like to give him a scrapbook with photos from our trip because he loves scrapbooks and helping with scrapbooking. I would be more then happy to do 5-7 extra sets per letter. Once everything is cut, it's pretty much just redoing the same thing several times.

Are we selecting our letters and coming up with the title on our own or do we select a title from the list ? I'm asking since it could be easy for 2 people with different letters to do pretty much the same theme by mistake.

Sounds good! I am keeping a set. But will make a set or two to donate. :)

okay putting you down as a keep!

I'd like to keep my set, but ammore than happy to make say 15 or 16 layouts per letter insead of the 13 to have extras for gifts! Whatever you decide!

as am you!

I'd like to keep my set too for the simple reason that I'm taking my teenage bro and would like to give him a scrapbook with photos from our trip because he loves scrapbooks and helping with scrapbooking. I would be more then happy to do 5-7 extra sets per letter. Once everything is cut, it's pretty much just redoing the same thing several times.

Are we selecting our letters and coming up with the title on our own or do we select a title from the list ? I'm asking since it could be easy for 2 people with different letters to do pretty much the same theme by mistake.

you too! no everyone will have to submit their title when they sign up so there won't be any duplicates!

if the majority wants to keep their sets, then we will make an additional two sets so it won't be as many to make, then if anyone wants to donate their sets it will be extra!

Sandy (3pletprincesses) PM'd me with the offer of her mom, two sisters and bff to help also, checked with Nan and she said it was okay to have them join in!!! we are up to 10 for sure and maybe Rebecca, so only need a couple more to sign on to help and we will have our 13!

looks like everyone one is wanting to keep their sets....so should we go for 2-3 extra albums to donate?

also, I will take care of the title and closing pages for the Big Give albums so I can personalize them....for the closing I will add mickey ears with everyone's Disname and page they created!

Thanks Lisa, the ladies are more then happy to help and excited to finally get an album for their trips. As stated on my Pm, the 5 of us are willing to do at least 5 extra sets each. Once the main pages are done, then it's mass production which goes fast.

Lisa - I will make however many extras you want...lol within reason! I am fine with 5 like others have said, a few more is fine, or a few less is fine...whatever everyone else wants to do!!

I am not going to have time to do this. I got the job I applied for and it is full time through August and Sept and then very part time (like maybe once a week until May) plus I spend next week in Tamps for training. I will however send you a little something to help with the cost of albums/shipping.

Rebecca

Thanks Lisa, the ladies are more then happy to help and excited to finally get an album for their trips. As stated on my Pm, the 5 of us are willing to do at least 5 extra sets each. Once the main pages are done, then it's mass production which goes fast.

this will be fun for you all to work on them! will see if everyone else is up to making the extra 5 sets or not....that would make 18 sets of each letter if we get the 13 swappers

Lisa - I will make however many extras you want...lol within reason! I am fine with 5 like others have said, a few more is fine, or a few less is fine...whatever everyone else wants to do!!

5 extra would be great, I will do a poll to see how many we are all willing to do after we get a few more swappers!

I am not going to have time to do this. I got the job I applied for and it is full time through August and Sept and then very part time (like maybe once a week until May) plus I spend next week in Tamps for training. I will however send you a little something to help with the cost of albums/shipping.

Rebecca

Congratulations Rebecca on getting the new job :cool1: thanks for the offer to help with the costs :goodvibes

Wow Lisa, this is going to be one crazy swap!!

Is my math right? If you do 4 albums total with 13 swappers and 2 page layouts, that's 208 pages per person. Is that right?

Wow Lisa, this is going to be one crazy swap!!

Is my math right? If you do 4 albums total with 13 swappers and 2 page layouts, that's 208 pages per person. Is that right?

wow that is alot...maybe we should do just 1 page for each instead of 2

I didn't do the page swap for this in the past, was it that many pages?

going to go back and look at the last swap...BRB

okay we have the math really wrong

maybe this will make it easier to understand

m2mrb letter A make 16 pages
m2mrb letter R make 16 pages

so a total of 32 pages if we did only 1 page LO, if we choose to do 2 pages LO would be 64 pages

so think we should do just 1 page LO's....what does everyone think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter