MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Thanks - so I won't see the MP availability until I am in the park?

My app showed a screen announcing MaxPass is now available. When I click on my personal icon picture at the bottom, there pops up a screen that says Get FastPass...this is where you will buy your MaxPass but only once you are in the park.

I am buying a 1 day hopper ticket for my husband and can buy max pass at the time , I have 4 day hoppers ( for the kids ) via LMT which once scanned and in the park he can buy it for the kids. ( I have a 3 day and joining a day later )
Should I just wait and buy all 3 at the same time ? Would there be any benefit in buys hubby's first ?

Unless you get a deal with buying multiple tickets, then it really shouldn't matter. I have already bought and scanned my LMT e-tickets into the app and linked them even though we aren't going until later this year.

A summary of my experience using MaxPass yesterday (Note: I didn't arrive until around 2:30, as my priority was Fantasmic not rides, so I haven't used it to its full potential yet):

I have Premier but the app still shows Signature. But when I got in the park, MaxPass worked automatically, so it was just an app glitch.

Loved:
-being able to book FPs once I entered the park. Typically when I arrive I'm immediately heading to pull my first FP. This let me have a leisurely stroll up Main Street stopping in stores and to watch Dapper Dans. By the time I made my way over to BTMR it was time to use (about a 20 min return time).
-Being able to cancel a FP. I initially got Indy as my second pass. Then I realized I should have gotten HM with and instant return and then Indy once I scanned in. It was easy to cancel the pass.
-getting access to a different pool of FP times. When I went to get a new Indy pass it actually offered a return time earlier than my previous pass! It conflicted with my dining reservation so I waited a bit. Every time I refreshed the app it offered different times all earlier than pulling a pass which was pretty cool!
-Switch to multi-experience FP. I eventually booked an Indy for after dinner but was so full I knew it wouldn't be a good idea so I didn't use it and forgot to cancel. But then when I checked the app I noticed it had switched to an any experience pass because the ride must have gone down briefly. And by brief, I mean maybe 10 minutes because every time I had checked the app it still showed it operational. I ended up not even using it because I was so tired after Fantasmic I just wanted to head home!

Annoying:
-It showed all my passes. So my DL ID, my WDW ID, and 3 Halloween party tickets. Every time I went to book a new pass I would need to unselect everyone and click just my DL ID. I also had to remember which one it was because it just showed the last 4 digits.
-App delays. When I scanned in at the first point for BTMR I immediately went into the app to try and book a second pass. But received the "Spinning Circle of Death". Even if I shut down the app entirely it still showed up when I reopened it and I was unable to get to the Redeem FP screen. Instead I used my physical pass to scan at the second point. So I'd absolutely recommend taking a screenshot of the redeem screen so you can use that in case the app messes up.
-Battery usage. Definitely sucked it up. But, I have a fuel rod so it didn't impact me much. That is something I'd absolutely recommend people get if using MP! You can get them online pre-trip for cheaper than at the parks. And you can swap it around to other people in your party so you only need one.

My app showed a screen announcing MaxPass is now available. When I click on my personal icon picture at the bottom, there pops up a screen that says Get FastPass...this is where you will buy your MaxPass but only once you are in the park.
Thanks - that is good to know. I just got the most updated version of the app.

I may have missed it but has anyone used MP to get WOC or F! FPs? If so, can you confirm these are still disconnected from the normal ride FPs?

:wizard:

I used Maxpass yesterday and it was fairly simple and easy to use. I liked not having to walk to the machines from the other side of the park to get a fastness. I was able to do the following with Maxpass: Mission Breakout, TSMM x2, Star Tours, Space x2, HM, Buzz x3, BTMRR x2(had a 3rd that I didn't end up using), and Soarin. One of the TSMM fps that I picked up was one someone had canceled cause it was only 20 min out and they were distributing for 90 min out at the machines.

So on the "any attraction" FPs through MP due to rides that are down -- if you still want to use the FP for the original ride that was down, do you still have the option to do that, even if it's now outside the original return time (like you always did with the original system)?

So on the "any attraction" FPs through MP due to rides that are down -- if you still want to use the FP for the original ride that was down, do you still have the option to do that, even if it's now outside the original return time (like you always did with the original system)?
Not sure because it lists several rides to use at, including ride that's down in case it comes back online, but time window does not change.

On a side note, I had a MP for 11:20pm-midnight that turned into a multiple attraction pass and then allowed me to use it anytime the following day.

Not sure because it lists several rides to use at, including ride that's down in case it comes back online, but time window does not change.

On a side note, I had a MP for 11:20pm-midnight that turned into a multiple attraction pass and then allowed me to use it anytime the following day.
It looks like they are using the WDW system for an attraction going down less than an hour before closing.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is Maxpass working during Magic Morning?

I'm not sure about Magic Morning, but I entered DL on Friday which is a non-MM at about 7:30 before rope drop and after purchasing MP was able to immediately grab a FP for Space Mountain before rope drop. The return time was 8:30 with my next time to get a FP at 8:30 as well. I thought it was great getting the first FP of the day before the park was even officially open.

Yes, it gives you a list of which ones are available and the ride you originally chose will always be part of that list. I think it only works in that attraction's park though. For example, I had Indy and it worked for any DL FP except for Space. Matterhorn is the same. The only way to use it on Space is to have an actual FP for Space.

You also get the "multi-experience" if it goes down at any point in your window. For Indy original FP was 6:15. When I checked app a little after 7 it wasn't down, but a multi-experience was there that said it started at 6:55, so it must have briefly gone down at that time.

But is the original FP available AFTER the original window closes if that attraction goes down during the FP return time? Like if I have an RSR FP for 4:00-5:00 and RSR is down from 4:30 to 5:30, will I be able to ride RSR later in the evening as used to be the case? Or will I be required to use one of the multi-experience FPs instead for a different ride?

But is the original FP available AFTER the original window closes if that attraction goes down during the FP return time? Like if I have an RSR FP for 4:00-5:00 and RSR is down from 4:30 to 5:30, will I be able to ride RSR later in the evening as used to be the case? Or will I be required to use one of the multi-experience FPs instead for a different ride?
You'll receive a multi experience pass that you can still use on RSR if it comes back online or on any of the other rides that are listed that it can be used on.

I don't recall this coming up in this thread yet, but PhotoPass will no longer be a perk of Signature APs for any that were purchased after 7/19 (it looks like it can be retained as long as the AP is renewed). It seems like they're trying to make MaxPass more valuable by removing a previous held perk for Signature AP's.

http://micechat.com/167060-disneyland-new-photo-update-taking-maxpass/

IMG_4825.png

Can I renew my pass and add the $75 annual fee for MP later? I'm still not sure whether or not it's something I'll want, and the pass is pricey enough as it is. But if I did like it, I'd prefer to pay once and have it for the duration of the year. Can I do that, say, a couple of months after renewing? I know I can pay $10 each day but I'm talking about the annual $75 addition. I see it's not prorated but must it be done at renewal?

I don't recall this coming up in this thread yet, but PhotoPass will no longer be a perk of Signature APs for any that were purchased after 7/19 (it looks like it can be retained as long as the AP is renewed). It seems like they're trying to make MaxPass more valuable by removing a previous held perk for Signature AP's.
Hmm, I guess this is how they're addressing the weird pricing for MP. But I still wish they would bridge the gap for those who already have signature AP's with PhotoPass, and give a discount on MP.

I am buying a 1 day hopper ticket for my husband and can buy max pass at the time , I have 4 day hoppers ( for the kids ) via LMT which once scanned and in the park he can buy it for the kids. ( I have a 3 day and joining a day later )
Should I just wait and buy all 3 at the same time ? Would there be any benefit in buys hubby's first ?

There is no benefit to buying it early. You can't do anything with it until you scan in at the turnstiles anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter