May 2020 Car Rental Watch

Thru Costco I just booked an intermediate suv for 229. And I will also get a $30 Costco shop card after my trip. So 199 really. This was with Budget.

...Even though I'm going in Mid May. I have been testing the codes for earlier dates (March-April) to see if they are more reasonable for closer trip dates and they aren't that great so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that they are going to come down too much for May.

I've been doing that too. Not encouraging. But...at least most of May is between the spring break and summer crowds, so maybe the demand won't be as high...we'll see...

I've been doing that too. Not encouraging. But...at least most of May is between the spring break and summer crowds, so maybe the demand won't be as high...we'll see...
Yes I've been taking that into consideration as well and I hope your right. No matter what, I don't think we are going to get down to last years price levels but hopefully as March wears on into April we'll start seeing some decent drops.

Last edited:
We were going to drive down this time but just scored tickets for $108 round trip. So now on the hunt for a good deal on a minivan. In January, the prices started to drop 3-4 weeks out so hoping for that again (although sooner would be better)

We reserved a car from Alamo. Pick up at MCO and drop off at the Dolphin. It's perfect and the price was $40 a day. My parents need to do the same thing, but now Alamo is charging $118/day for the same request. Has anyone seen this? Is it because we're dropping off at a different location? Should I call or just keep checking to see if the rates come back down to 'normal'?

If anyone has access to AAA, was able to book a mid-size for 5 days (May 26-May 30) with Hertz, pick up and drop off at MCO terminal, for $42.25 per day (including all taxes and fees). Hope this helps someone...

If anyone has access to AAA, was able to book a mid-size for 5 days (May 26-May 30) with Hertz, pick up and drop off at MCO terminal, for $42.25 per day (including all taxes and fees). Hope this helps someone...

Always good to check Hertz with AAA discounts. My last two (or 3) MCO rentals have been with Hertz. Check often the last 3 weeks with them as I've seen their prices drop a lot, more so than the other agencies even. Also...be sure to sign up for their #1 Club (free). The pickup experience is very similar to Alamo...straight to garage, pick from a row...

If you want to save a few dollars there’s no standard aisle so you’ll get full size for the same price.
Last time I tried that with them, they actually did have separate areas for standard and full-size, so I ended up with standard.

I have a full-size through Costco with Alamo for 5/31-6/9 for $282. Last year I paid $210 around the same time. Hoping they continue to come down. Also hoping the trip actually happens!

I have a full-size through Costco with Alamo for 5/31-6/9 for $282. Last year I paid $210 around the same time. Hoping they continue to come down. Also hoping the trip actually happens!
I hear you! Fingers crossed for us all!!

Alamo 5/2-5/13 standard size down to $316. Not holding my breath on going though right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter