** May 2020 Check In **

Just rescheduled for 9/27-10/2. I ended up saving money too. OP, can you add me to the September group?

I just canceled our May trip and rebooked for September. I just didn’t they’d reopen in early May with the extended restriction date. Please removing me from the list. Sorry to be leaving.

I just moved our May dates into late July. You can remove me from the list as well. I too am not confident in the early May dates we had booked.

Well West jet has cancelled our May 1-9 flights so the tiny sliver of hope has been snuffed out. Cancelled all of our rezzies, hotel and transportation (as an aside we had booked Lanskys and they have been amazing during the process, highly recommended). Have a booking in November for the Tropicana but I am very pesimistic on the chances of that happening right now.
Just rescheduled for 9/27-10/2. I ended up saving money too. OP, can you add me to the September group?
I just canceled our May trip and rebooked for September. I just didn’t they’d reopen in early May with the extended restriction date. Please removing me from the list. Sorry to be leaving.
I just moved our May dates into late July. You can remove me from the list as well. I too am not confident in the early May dates we had booked.
I've removed you from the list. I'm glad you were all able to reschedule and wish you the best on your upcoming trips!

You can remove me as well. We just rescheduled for the end of June. Hoping the parks are back up and running by then.

Am I the only one holding on to hope that my late May trip might happen? We have flights through Southwest, tickets through UCT, and a reservation at Park Vue Inn. All are cancellable or extended, and I just can't stand the thought of cancelling just yet. I'm sure I'm in denial, but someone tell me I'm not alone. Our dates are May 27-31.

We haven’t cancelled yet either, and we are scheduled for the last week of May. I’m guessing we will have to, but we aren’t making any decisions until we see where things Are in May.

I havent canceled our May trip (5/16-5/23) yet either. I've had this trip booked for over a year and it's an extra special trip with my DD. I was diagnosed with cancer for the second time about 7 months ago and my focus has been on being well enough to go on this trip. I am feeling great and was so looking forward to it that I get teary-eyed at the thought of not being able to go. I cant even watch vlogs about the parks right now because it makes me sad. My only other time we can go this year is a week in August so I may have to reschedule...but I dont want to....not yet.

I haven't cancelled, yet, either - May 22-27. But I think I can change everything.
Replying to me. Well, I can change my dates, but I can't change the expiration date on my timeshare points (June 1), no matter what. So I'm REALLY HOPING that our May dates are okay.

I'm travelling 5/21-27 and haven't cancelled either. I'll be driving down with friends who weren't planning to go to the parks, so as long as the shelter in place is over, I'll be going down to SoCal anyway. I really hope the parks will be open by then, though.

Count me in the "cannot cancel" group. I know it's not going to happen but I'm just not ready to let it go yet. Our trip begins 5/16 and we are flying SWA on points and I have literally rebooked our flights five times in the last two weeks. SWA keeps cancelling my flights and I go and find ones at another airport in our region. I have also booked flights and hotels, all cancellable, for the end of June but now I'm thinking that won't happen either. I'm so sad about my trip and about what's happening in the world. I truly think there will be a new "normal" once we get through the worst of this. Hope everyone stays healthy and that all of our Disney dreams come true!

Last edited:
Welp, American canceled my flights. At this point I’m not rebooking for May.

Please remove me. 😥😢😭

Am I the only one holding on to hope that my late May trip might happen? We have flights through Southwest, tickets through UCT, and a reservation at Park Vue Inn. All are cancellable or extended, and I just can't stand the thought of cancelling just yet. I'm sure I'm in denial, but someone tell me I'm not alone. Our dates are May 27-31.
I'm not cancelling yet. The Southwest flights are booked on points for me, as is my DVC, so my points automatically go back into original use year and hopefully will get used in one of the wait lists I've placed for October (terrible odds with everyone trying to reschedule their March and April trips to the fall). In my fantasy if things are awesome with testing capacity and low spread rate in mid-May they'll reopen the hotel for Memorial Day .... its not likely since the hotels are only booking for June 1 onward, but it has a nonzero chance ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter