** May 2020 Check In **

Hi thought i would hop into this group. We are going May 13-17 and the will be my kids first DLR trip. My oldest child (12yo) has only gone to WDW and my youngest two (2 & 3yo) have never been. My mom is also coming along and i am awaiting approval to bring my niece (10 yo). We will be staying at an AirBnB close by. This trip will be so different as i am used to 8 days at WDW on property with meal plan. Lots to learn during this planning process.

So DD18 and I will be there May 12-16. Planning on Downtown Disney the 12th then 3 park days. Will get Park Hoppers. I know Disney World very well but totally lost about things at Disneyland. My understanding is that they don't show WOC or Fantasmic every night. Is there a way to find out what days these will be during the time we will be there. Was going to do dining /dessert parties for these but not sure what days they might be.

So DD18 and I will be there May 12-16. Planning on Downtown Disney the 12th then 3 park days. Will get Park Hoppers. I know Disney World very well but totally lost about things at Disneyland. My understanding is that they don't show WOC or Fantasmic every night. Is there a way to find out what days these will be during the time we will be there. Was going to do dining /dessert parties for these but not sure what days they might be.
Both are sown in the weekends only during the off season. The schedule for both with the option to make reservations should be up 60 days ahead of time.

Both are sown in the weekends only during the off season. The schedule for both with the option to make reservations should be up 60 days ahead of time.

That's what I was afraid of. The only weekend day we are there is Friday. So we will have to choose between the 2?

That's what I was afraid of. The only weekend day we are there is Friday. So we will have to choose between the 2?

Possibly... just depends on if they’re going during the week and what times. I’m not sure if it’s possible to catch WOC then the second showing of F! or not.

WOC is shown nightly year round except during refurbishment, so you can watch it on your earlier nights and prioritize Fantasmic on Friday.

Well change of plans we are now going April 29-May 4th. I am hoping the crowds will be a little smaller during this time than the originally planned dates.

May Travellers:

4/29-5/4 spurk5532 AirBNB
4/29-5/5 wilsonarts Desert Palms
4/30‐5/3 nikerbokers VGC
4/30‐5/5 Raya
5/3-9 mas05 VGC
5/8-13 kellymmcg VGC
5/9-12 lindyv321 DI&S
5/9-13 CastAStone BWPPI
5/9-17 Raech
5/10-16 Crazy4Disney72 BWPPI
5/12-15 Thiago Acquaviva
5/12-16 LynnTH BWPPI
5/12-17 tbgmom Tropicana
5/13-14 lalasmama
5/13-16 AliciaS
5/13-17 lozzypop Candy Cane Inn
5/13‐20 ePink
5/16-23 mocame BWPPI
5/17-21 cdunn03 GCH
5/17-24 Denise0362 VGC
5/18-23 Mouse13 Hotel Indigo
5/20-25 roctavia GCH
5/21-27 tsumgirl Residence Inn Convention Center
5/22-27 Winnowill Peacock Suites
5/23-31 sgrap VGC
5/24-27 m_adelaide GCH
5/27-6/1 GoofyforDisney3 Fairfield Inn

how do I get added to the list.
Welcome FLCA026! All you need to do is reply to this thread with your May travel dates and hotel, if you've booked it already.

This thread will be a great way to stay updated on events happening in May. If you have any events to add, feel free to share it with the group, and I'll get it added to the first post.

Welcome FLCA026! All you need to do is reply to this thread with your May travel dates and hotel, if you've booked it already.

This thread will be a great way to stay updated on events happening in May. If you have any events to add, feel free to share it with the group, and I'll get it added to the first post.

Just going for the day May 18th!

I believe everyone has been added to the list now. Please let me know if I accidentally missed you and I'll get it posted ASAP. Thanks!

It's been a big news day while I've been sick in bed! I think I've gotten caught up on what's happened today, and I've updated the first post with the following information:

NEWS!!

Price Increases
(2/11/2020): Prices have increased on tickets, APs, and Maxpass ($20). Please review the new pricing on the Disneyland website, and ask any questions you may have in the DIS thread below.
New FastPass Additions (2/11/2020): FastPass for Autopia and Monsters Inc. are now available, and Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run will be coming soon.

For those of you who haven't bought tickets yet, be sure to check out the Price Increase thread for suggestions on locking in tickets at the old pricing while it's still available through third-party vendors.
For those of you wondering if MaxPass will still be worth it for your party, @Skyegirl1999 has kindly added a section to the end of the first post in this thread (Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: An Overview and Some Strategy) to help you. I've added a link to this in the first post here, as well, so everyone can easily find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter