** May 2020 Check In **

For me it’s Indiana Jones Adventure that I’m worried about. It was closed for a refurb the first time I went to DLP, so it and ROTR are the only Disney E-Tickets in the US that I have yet to ride.

I have a feeling it may be closed... I’m thinking it will close after it’s anniversary in March....

To celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary we will be there May 3rd through 9th! I proposed to my now wife at Disneyland when we lived/grew up there. So excited to be staying at the VGC! Since grad night is on the 8th I may splurge for a cabana by the pool for the afternoon ❤ We will have our younger 2 kids with us (9 and 13) and they love pools. Buying annual passes because we have a Sept trip already booked and it breaks even vs park tickets.

Everyone has been added. Please let me know if I missed you accidentally!

Also, 2 unofficial events happening in the park have been added for those who may be interested:

5/1 Star Wars Day Light vs Dark 7:30pm-11pm (Unofficial event)
5/3 Bats Day in the Fun Park (Unofficial event: batsday.net)

I’m booked! We are coming Mothers Day weekend, 5/9-512. Planning on spending 5/10 and 5/11 in the parks. We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites.

Has anyone been on Mothers Day before?

I had heard HM was going to be down for 2-3 months so it should be open in May. At least I hope so since it’s one of the reasons I chose these dates.
I haven't been during Mothers Day, but IIRC, I believe the restaurants get booked up fairly quickly that weekend. Make sure to put a reminder in your calendar to get your reservations at the 60-day mark if you'd like any TS, character buffets or Fantasmic/WOC packages.

Tentatively planning a 4/30 to 5/5 trip so we can attend Bats Day. Things are tentative because of the HM refurb. I'd love to see the new Marvel area but HM is the main draw.

Thank you for the thread!

We are looking at mid to late May for our family of 4. First big trip for my kids (5&7) and 5 days at the park.

How is the weather around that time? My spouse is concerned she will be cold.

We are looking at mid to late May for our family of 4. First big trip for my kids (5&7) and 5 days at the park.

From the stickies at the top of the first page: "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=23004158. May is usually nice -- not too warm, not too cold. Bring layers in case the mornings and evenings are chilly. And be checking the local weather reports, like abc7.com, starting a week before your trip so you'll know what to pack.

I'm so excited for you! I thought my first time would be my only visit for awhile...and now I'm an AP :rotfl2:

Do you mind me asking how far you live? We are in Louisville, KY (I used to live in Orange County). We went last Nov 2019. I bought us AP vouchers as a Christmas gift, and we activate this trip. LOL
I haven't been an AP since I moved away May 1996.

Do you mind me asking how far you live? We are in Louisville, KY (I used to live in Orange County). We went last Nov 2019. I bought us AP vouchers as a Christmas gift, and we activate this trip. LOL
I haven't been an AP since I moved away May 1996.
Wow! What a really awesome Christmas gift!!

It didn't take me long either. LOL
I live in San Francisco. I ended up returning to DL a month after my first trip, and converting my tickets to an AP. Now my main problem is self-control, because I find myself wanting to go more and more often.😁

Wow! What a really awesome Christmas gift!!

It didn't take me long either. LOL
I live in San Francisco. I ended up returning to DL a month after my first trip, and converting my tickets to an AP. Now my main problem is self-control, because I find myself wanting to go more and more often.😁

For us it was finding a really nice hotel that isn't over priced and that April 2019 my airport finally added an American airlines non stop flight every day to LAX. It's so much faster and less expensive. Lol.

Cold shouldn't be a problem, although I always bring layers. Even in August, I wore a light sweater in the morning and after it got dark, although we were super lucky with a not too hot week in August.

I just realized I never responded to your question! Last year, the weather was gorgeous in May...daytime in the 70s and nights in the low 60s. There were 2 days that were drizzly, which made it feel much colder than actual temp, so just watch the weather about a week before your trip to see if you'll need an extra layer. I would say sweatshirts and jeans at night is enough to keep you comfortable. If you get cold easily then layers are your friend.

I just realized I never responded to your question! Last year, the weather was gorgeous in May...daytime in the 70s and nights in the low 60s. There were 2 days that were drizzly, which made it feel much colder than actual temp, so just watch the weather about a week before your trip to see if you'll need an extra layer. I would say sweatshirts and jeans at night is enough to keep you comfortable. If you get cold easily then layers are your friend.

We are coming from Washington, mid 70’s will be perfect! 😁

Going kinda solo May 13-17. Kinda because my daughter is traveling on the same dates with her high school music program. They didn't need any more chaperones, but I am going anyway!😉 My daughter turns 18 on May 15 and I want to be there to celebrate. Staying at the Candy Cane for the first time.

I officially have my hotels book for my trip! Staying at the Hilton Universal May 24th thru May 27th and then on to Disneyland May 27th to June 1st! Now I just need to figure out if Monday, Memorial Day is better than Tuesday for Universal and what LA tour I want to try, PLUS what days are best for which DLR park. So many decisions and choices!

Ok, everyone should be added up to this point! I'm getting excited now that some of us are within the 100 day countdown to our trips:cheer2:

Just an update - an article in the OC Register this past week interviewed the maintenance crew working on the King Arthur Carrousel. It confirmed that the refurbishment "is expected to continue until May" with no exact date mentioned. I've added this to the Confirmed Refurbishments list in the first post.

https://www.ocregister.com/disneyla...ing-arthur-carrousel-its-part-of-our-heritage
I'm crossing my fingers that most of the other refurbishments finish up sooner than this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter