May 6th, 2022 -10-Night Hawaiian Cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver (Kahului, Hilo, Nawiliwili, Nawiliwili)

Couple nice excursions appeared for Day 3 Hilo, HI27 Secrets of Hamakua & HI14 Secrets of Puna. We selected HI27.
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to cancel what we had booked and get Secrets of Hamakua.

We're booked on this (pretty much the 1st day we could), but now, after having our "Magic" cruises for 2021 cancelled, we are less hopeful. This would roughly be 25 years after my DW's and my visit to Hawaii post-wedding, so, well, it would be nice.

Well, it's not going to happen. We are cancelling.

For reasons I've written about elsewhere (too many hurdles, tests, and >0% chances to test positive and quarantined for 5 days as the plane/ship departs), we are cancelling our resv on what we "Wonder"-ed and hoped would have been an incredible B2B to/from the 4 islands DW and I honeymooned 25 years prior.

We are triple-vax'd, cautious and have never had CoVid . . . and optimistic that if/when we do, it will be relatively benign, but that doesn't fit in to Canadian and DCL rules. Sad.

Last edited:
We canceled too. I won’t cruise until things are normal. Not worth the stress. The end of a dream booked in October 2018 the first time and again in 2020. Feeling relieved.

The pandemic landscape could completely change by the time May rolls around, hopefully for the better. We’re holding our reservation and staying positive about things. If it‘s meant to be then we’ll be ready, if not we push again.

We remain pretty optimistic as well. Cases are dropping everywhere.
Yes, they are, which is terrific.

And flying to Hawaii from the US, terminating the cruise in Vancouver, seems like a safer plan testing/quarantine-wise than trying to get into and through Canada first, which is what we had planned. I hope you all have a great cruise; I can imagine how happy the Cast Member's will be to have you as guests!

Yes, they are, which is terrific.

And flying to Hawaii from the US, terminating the cruise in Vancouver, seems like a safer plan testing/quarantine-wise than trying to get into and through Canada first, which is what we had planned. I hope you all have a great cruise; I can imagine how happy the Cast Member's will be to have you as guests!
Another comment on this.... We cruised in December on the Fantasy and were very impressed by DCL's testing process prior to boarding. Proof of vaccination was also required. Everyone on board was vaccinated and tested on embarkation day.

We are very much looking forward to this cruise. Me and my wife have never been to Hawaii and I'm grateful we were able to get the reservation.

We are very much looking forward to this cruise. Me and my wife have never been to Hawaii and I'm grateful we were able to get the reservation.
Nice way to get a brief visit to all 4 main islands as well!! We've been to Oahu and Kauai but not Maui or Big Island yet.

Looks like they have pushed out the free cancellation date to 30 days prior to the sailing date.

We are on the Hawaii to Vancouver leg, but still on the fence. No issues with the testing process - just the dates are conflicting with schedules of the high schoolers in our party.

How is everyone feeling? We just got off the Magic from a Marvel Day at Sea and I am starting to organize things for this trip. I am keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed it all goes well. :-)

How is everyone feeling? We just got off the Magic from a Marvel Day at Sea and I am starting to organize things for this trip. I am keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed it all goes well. :-)
Hope you enjoyed the cruise!!

All signs look positive for our itinerary... other lines are even making masks optional. The only thing we're hearing about COVID related is the BA2 strain (I believe.... someone can correct me if I have that wrong) and early info is that strain is not likely to cause worldwide issues. Questions still exist related to the testing that we'll be required to go through to disembark in Vancouver. Hopefully those policies are relaxed prior to our sailing.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise!!

All signs look positive for our itinerary... other lines are even making masks optional. The only thing we're hearing about COVID related is the BA2 strain (I believe.... someone can correct me if I have that wrong) and early info is that strain is not likely to cause worldwide issues. Questions still exist related to the testing that we'll be required to go through to disembark in Vancouver. Hopefully those policies are relaxed prior to our sailing.

I am REALLY hoping we do not have to test to get back into the US. So many other countries have dropped that requirement and I hope as long as we are vaccinated that will be enough. I really wish we would not have to test at the port also to get on the ship like how it was when DCL first started sailing but I have a feeling that might be wishing for too much. hahaha

Just heard that DCL is relaxing mask requirements. Only required in the theaters now I believe. Good news!!
I am so happy!!! We have been on 4 cruises since the restart and the last one in February we had to keep our masks on inside for pictures. I was so afraid that rule would still apply in May I am so happy to read this!

Just heard that DCL is relaxing mask requirements. Only required in the theaters now I believe. Good news!!
Well the reading in the letter to guests states all Disney Wonder cruises beginning March 11th until and including the departure on April 17th. Means the Hawaii cruises are currently not included!
Scott from thedisneycruiseline blog just posted similar information…

Well the reading in the letter to guests states all Disney Wonder cruises beginning March 11th until and including the departure on April 17th. Means the Hawaii cruises are currently not included!
Scott from thedisneycruiseline blog just posted similar information…

Well fooey......

This only highlights how DCL and other cruise lines are at the mercy of many different governments. We may not like the rules, but it's not like DCL is making this call. It was the same for vax requirements. Hopefully the Canadian government, and specifically the BC government, loosen up the restrictions in time for our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter