"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

Hi Carole!!!! Luv your pictures of your mini vacation- thanks for sharing.
Such a beautiful country. So serene and peaceful :flower:

Brenda

Hey Brenda.....glad you`re still here!!! It`s been a while!!!

Thank you :flower3:......there are some very quiet and remote places we wanted to visit but with one thing and another we didn't manage it, but the tourist season hasn't quite kicked in yet, so anywhere we went was very pleasant...….it is such a beautiful country and I do miss living there...….but while Kyle is still living in this area of England, we`d never move away from him......maybe in years to come......you never know...….:wave2:

Oh! Those pictures are incredible, putting Scotland on the list. :thanks:

Thank you!!!! I`m so glad you like them...….

Scotland is one of the most stunning countries in the UK......it has everything, but the mountains are impressive......we didn't quite make it to those bigger ones, but we loved the peace and quiet of the places we did go...…..and having gorgeous weather most days made a massive difference...….:wave2:

Lovely photos - Scotland looks amazing!

Thank you :flower3:......it really is gorgeous....even in winter when it snows, absolutely stunning...….

We really need to go back up there more often!!

We were hot now, and decided to go into the 3B`s to share a lemonade....I`m sure you know by now we don`t like butterbeer.....not even a little.....so we will drink pumpkin fizz or lemonade in here....I do wish they did a frozen lemonade...….we like that.

We did try frozen butterbeer and regular once each before and it was a resounding no from all of us...….

Image result for ewww lucy meme

Yep, many folks ask why we don't like it...….er, we just don't...….

But we do like this place for a drink...…...

i-6Nsg4x4-X5.jpg

The bar is attached to the 3 B`s restaurant, and all the seats are laid out with condiments, but if it`s quiet they don't mind you taking up a table for just a drink......although if it`s really busy we don't......and they do have the outdoor area too.....loads of seating out there.

I love this bar...….it`s cool and has loads of weird and wonderful things to see and hear all around.…...and we do often look up and see the shadows of the house elves scurrying around deep in a heavy workload....you can also hear them if you stand at the bottom of the stairs to the left of the bar.…….

I think this is my favourite table seated beside the 3 Broomsticks the establishment is named after.

i-Nr9Nm5h-X5.jpg

A lemonade between us is more than enough, the cup is large enough to share......it`s actually just nice sitting in such a cool temp for a while...

The food doesn't thrill us at all in either Potter restaurant, but it does smell good.....well, the fish smells gorgeous...….but tried it once and no desire to go back into either restaurant for food.

i-wBdBbkF-X5.jpg

i-hLdFsr6-X5.jpg

We sit for around 20 minutes or so and have a wander around the almost empty restaurant and of course take some pictures......as do many folks of course. There are so many little treasures to capture everywhere in the parks, but none more so than the Potter areas. You could wander around many times as we have done, and there`s always something new every time.

i-dJ8rFzj-X5.jpg

i-jBXQHbJ-X5.jpg

Out into the heat of the morning, we do wander into the candy store....this is a wonderful little store and colour saturation is everywhere......you can buy some weird and wonderful candies and one of our favourites is the lemon sherberts…….delicious!!!!

i-v6RJpqt-X5.jpg

And I still haven't tried the pumpkin pasty...…..although Tom thinks we did way back when...…..I`m not convinced. he doesnt like pumpkin much so I guess he`s trying to avoid trying it......Although now it`s been so long that I`ve wanted to try it, I`m sure it`s only going to disappoint......

We do quite like the butterbeer fudge.....I usually don't like fudge but this one is alright......not as sweet as regular fudge....and it`s the only butterbeer item we do like.

i-hX6cCsk-X5.jpg

i-MGKkNVM-X5.jpg

We start to leave Hogsmeade and realise this trip we haven't gone on the HE once this trip...….

Image result for funny disbelief  gif

We usually go on it a few times over a trip, but we didn't do it and wouldn't the rest of the trip which was a shame as we do enjoy it. Many people debate if it`s worth purchasing the park to park or not...….we think it absolutely is. Our AP affords us the ability to go from park to park, but if you were on the fence as to regular park tickets, I`d say go for it......not only is it cool for any Potter fan, or even a non Potter fan.....but it`s a good way of going from one park to the other...….it`s not far to walk between the two, but on a hot day nothing beats the train......and if you have EP it`s perfect......as the line can get busy in there at times.

Looking back we see Hogsmeade is incredibly busy now...….one of the reasons we love getting in the park early and then head out somewhere else...….

i-sbpDc22-X5.jpg

Sadly again, the fountain is out of action for the second time of our visit.....shame as it is hilarious some days...love the humour from whoever is doing the voice......

i-QwszKzX-X5.jpg

This building below did host a magic show, we did get caught with it years ago......it wasn't great.....but the building itself is cool. Haven`t been in it for many years.

i-7R7Pdb9-X5.jpg

i-NmgX7Rc-X5.jpg

We head round to behind the fountain where the Sindbad show used to be again...….as I said on a previous day, we love it round here and today the blue skies show off the colours and designs of the buildings with great clarity...

i-6dwMcM3-X5.jpg

This was the first time we had been round here in a while when the little water display was working.…..since Sindbad close it had always been dry and a little lost looking, but today the water was flowing and it was nice to see......

i-X4jLLbF-X5.jpg

i-B9whhgR-X5.jpg

It is peaceful round here and there are only one or two folks follow us in.....and one man told us he only came round as he saw us heading in and wondered why...….lol...…..nothing like being honest...….he then said as he wandered off he wished he hadn't bothered now as there was nothing to see round here……..

Image result for hilarious laughing gif

I was howling with laughter at the look of disappointment in this guy`s face...….

Although I do have to agree, there`s not much to see back here......but the buildings and tranquility are worth taking some time out of your day to see it...….so beautiful......

i-KVfprFv-X5.jpg

i-4KJ4V5s-X5.jpg

We spend a little time in here as usual, and although we don't visit the parks when it`s incredibly busy, this is still a perfect little retreat from the hustle and bustle of the parks......

i-GvLxTc3-X5.jpg

We are heading out of the park now, but always take some time to wander around Mythos.....absolutely one of the more impressive buildings in any theme park......although we haven't eaten here for many visits now, we will at some point go back and try again.....it seems to be very much a hit or miss place for many.

i-7QXhxmV-X5.jpg

i-JwgWWB9-X5.jpg

i-drsCMnd-X5.jpg

The sheer amount of fish in the water is quite surprising.....but there are loads of them, how they all survive I`m not quite sure...…..and they do appear en masse when you walk over the bridges......I don't like fish, except in food of course, but they are quite impressive to see.

i-ksbN2nG-X5.jpg

As we are on the part of the bridge you hear the troll wailing, I start sneezing uncontrollably..… someone had passed with a strong perfume on and it wasn't nice.....I`m not overly sensitive to perfumes and do wear them all the time, but certain strong and of the cheaper variety does set me off at times...….it was incredibly overpowering...……

It must be awful to be allergic to perfumes.....I often wonder how dreadful airports and planes must be with folks spraying perfumes all around in Duty Free and then in the confines of a plane.

i-6bwxPpj-X5.jpg

i-tRHqcHN-X5.jpg

You do have a lovely view over the lagoon from here, and I have to say today it did look incredibly beautiful...

i-TD3M3V8-X5.jpg

More to follow...…..

Any idea as to what will be done with the Sinbad area???

Perfume.....:crazy2: I'm one of those who seems to be allergic to everything, if I go into a store that has a perfume/cosmetic section I have to hold my breath and hurry through....I can wear one fragrance but it is very soft, very hard to find and not cheap. One of my worst allergies is to the perfume in laundry detergent and fabric softeners. That's rough because I do like people to have fresh clothing on.:rotfl2:

Next best thing to being there...

We visited the Dark Room this year because we had a photo package. If you have one, definitely stop in. They have some fun photo ops.

Any idea as to what will be done with the Sinbad area???

Perfume.....:crazy2: I'm one of those who seems to be allergic to everything, if I go into a store that has a perfume/cosmetic section I have to hold my breath and hurry through....I can wear one fragrance but it is very soft, very hard to find and not cheap. One of my worst allergies is to the perfume in laundry detergent and fabric softeners. That's rough because I do like people to have fresh clothing on.:rotfl2:

Oh what a nightmare!!!

I’m a perfume fanatic, I have 3 favourites I wear regularly and several others I occasionally wear......couldn’t imagine not wearing them, but at least you can wear one, that’s something :thumbsup2....... ....and I also love the smell of fabric softener on everything!!! Yes, fresh clothes on folks is always a good thing.....lol.....

I think the Sindbad area is being left alone for now......there’s a lot going on elsewhere, but look forward to them making their announcement on that area........::yes::

Next best thing to being there...

We visited the Dark Room this year because we had a photo package. If you have one, definitely stop in. They have some fun photo ops.

I think because we never have the photo package it’s a place we never venture into.......that and it’s very rarely been open before the last few years.......::yes::

Really fun to see your photos of Scotland! My brother in law has Scottish Ancestry and hosts the Gordon tent at Scottish events up and down the US Eastern Seaboard. He and his wife just did a 17 day tour of Scotland they designed themselves, and even visited some people he found who were related to him. We haven't been able to see the photos yet, now I can't wait!

I love all your pictures but the ones from Scotland are amazing! Beautiful. I really enjoy the lemon sherberts also!

Oh lemon sherberts.......I could just go some of them right now.......

Thank you, we love it up there.....although we’ve been away 25 years, it still feels like home.........not so much for Kyle as he’s only ever known another country. But, glad you like them........Scotland is beautiful......

Really fun to see your photos of Scotland! My brother in law has Scottish Ancestry and hosts the Gordon tent at Scottish events up and down the US Eastern Seaboard. He and his wife just did a 17 day tour of Scotland they designed themselves, and even visited some people he found who were related to him. We haven't been able to see the photos yet, now I can't wait!

Oh wow.....that sounds an amazing trip.......we met lots of Americans this trip too, and everyone of them all said they felt an affinity with Scotland for one reason or another........and some were like your brother in law who had relations they hadn’t yet met. Must be fabulous.

I’m sure their pictures will be lovely......and hope they had the best trip to Scotland........it has some gorgeous areas.......and thank you, I’m glad you liked the ones I posted :wave2:

I think because we never have the photo package it’s a place we never venture into.......that and it’s very rarely been open before the last few years.......::yes::

Yeah, if you don't have the photo package - which is definitely not worth the money unless you buy it on sale - there is no reason to even stick your head in here.

Hey everyone....

Back in the land of normality again. Had a wonderful trip up to Scotland, and as with most things it didn't quite go to our original plan.....but that`s ok, we tend to go with the flow with most things.

Our friends were here from France and she was working a little, so her location changed for some meetings, she works with the French Government, so we moved hotels instead of staying in the one place. It was lovely spending time with them and also seeing family too who are around a few areas up in Scotland.

We had beautiful weather and Tom`s sunburn is clearing up nicely....he got into trouble from Kyle for that as we are usually so careful......but we left Saturday morning very early as rain was forecast in Scotland, but down South was basking in heatwave temps.....so we did what all good lizards do......headed for the heat...……
::yes::

7 hours later we were home and sitting in the garden with temps in the 90`s...…...but it was a lovely trip and we were so glad we went. We never got to see Loch Ness this time again, so we think next year we`re going to go up there just for a week and mooch around a few places we haven't been to for a while…….

We don't take a huge amount of pictures and of course wouldn't post pics of those who we either can`t or don't want their pics online.....but we did manage one or two…...:rolleyes1

Just a jumble of some of the places we stopped off at...….

IMG_6912-X2.jpg

IMG_0724-XL.jpg

IMG_0727-XL.jpg

IMG_0707-XL.jpg

IMG_6913-X2.jpg

IMG_0736-XL.jpg

IMG_0721-XL.jpg

20190626_104202-X2.jpg

20190626_104213-X2.jpg

IMG_6867-X2.jpg

IMG_6842-X2.jpg

IMG_6916-X2.jpg

IMG_6994-X2.jpg

IMG_6998-X2.jpg

IMG_7010-X2.jpg

20190626_131343-X2.jpg

Trip report will be back ongoing soon...if you`re still here.....glad to see you....:wave2:
That little village is so adorable. Poor Tom! I hope his sunburn is better soon, I've been reading about the heat in Europe and it sounds brutal! Looking forward to more of your trip repot!

Yeah, if you don't have the photo package - which is definitely not worth the money unless you buy it on sale - there is no reason to even stick your head in here.

Yes, doubt we’ll ever feel the need for the photo package so can’t see us going in there even for a nosey. But I do know friends who were impressed with the venue.....they liked what you could do with your pics.

That little village is so adorable. Poor Tom! I hope his sunburn is better soon, I've been reading about the heat in Europe and it sounds brutal! Looking forward to more of your trip repot!

Thanks.......it is beautiful, that village is more touristy than we usually like up there, but still not too busy this early in the season......oh his sunburn is fine now thanks! Couldn’t believe he has never so much as had a tiny bit of sunburn in Florida, but did get it over here......very careless. Kyle was so funny, he gave him into big trouble lol........he felt suitably admonished!!

Yes, mainland Europe is getting it bad......we have friends and family who either live in various countries or are visiting and brutal is the word they all used! Maybe a little too hot for me! 114F is too hot to move........

More trip report coming up :wave2:

I promise this day will be done soon...…….this part is more pictures than chatter, as nothing much happened to be honest...….very quiet....

Onto Seuss, we didn't plan to do much today in here...….I always think one day we`ll have a giant cotton candy....but we never do....either neither hungry or it`s too early. But they do look good and I love candy floss as we call it over here…...pure sugar but so much fun!!

i-7xgvx2G-X5.jpg

And we don't do anything except walk through here today......some days we feel like that we want to do CiTH and the train, but today we`re not feeling it....so it is a run through......well, we don't run, but we do stop for a few pictures...…..

i-gc8dqVx-X5.jpg

i-JmgM8Zh-X5.jpg

The colours are amazing and they keep it spectacularly shiny and new all year round and so vibrant......

We did see a few characters out and about today, Thing 1 & 2 and the cat...….we do like the Grinch but he was just leaving as we came towards him.....we`d catch him another time......

Looking over to the Hulk we are tempted to go back on for another go, but we are starting to get hungry a little and heading off site for lunch, so we decide against it, but we are tempted all the same......

i-vLktsXM-X5.jpg

Going back through POE we do stop to admire the area and take some pictures of this beautiful place...….

i-VRW3TXv-X5.jpg

i-gkp9H2m-X5.jpg

Our favourite store in IOA is The Christmas Store...….all year round, it`s filled with delights and all focused on Christmas...….the scent in the store is worth a visit alone.…..pure Christmas...….and I do always have the idea of buying things as Christmas gifts for others...…..well.....kind of...….

It is beautiful though and has many items you can personalise as gifts, if you do actually buy items for others...…..maybe one day I will!!!!!

i-qggN8Sd-X5.jpg

i-FS3Wfdv-X5.jpg

i-4vkGnBW-X5.jpg

And we manage to leave today without making any purchases. Something of an unusual occurrence.

A little bit back to front showing the Adventure Begins, but it is so pretty right now...….the sky seems to be the bluest we have ever seen it and lack of cloud is perfect. And boy is it hot!!!!

i-RTwnpTk-X5.jpg

i-58j6LbV-X5.jpg

i-59pmHVr-X5.jpg

I love this area too......as you exit the park they have themed it to perfection to fit in with the main area of POE and has little touches everywhere......you could wander around forever just taking them all in...

i-whJF92R-X5.jpg

i-dKNt5Mf-X5.jpg

i-VMGWkbm-X5.jpg

As we head to the boats, we take a picture of the waterway which is stunning...…..just missing a boat or two in the picture!!

i-G5JH4Mx-X5.jpg

i-N7TWTbp-X5.jpg

If we are staying at RP, we will always walk if we are in IOA, as it takes such a short time to get there from the exit of that park. Around 5 minutes tops from Margaritaville. But, Sapphire is a little bit longer, although we could walk through the inside of the building...….but we like the boat too on occasion.

Our boat is sitting waiting for us, and the Capt jokes he waited for us.....nice guys and ladies....….I think we were the only two on the boat today......I think that happened a couple of times this trip.....personal boat service......can`t be bad!!!

i-JX9SRpv-X5.jpg

i-LcDxJKr-X5.jpg

There are some lovely views along the way to the hotel, and again on a day like today everything looks stunningly beautiful......

i-KDXNmNj-X5.jpg

The boats are incredibly handy at times. They start running 30 minutes before EE starts and run right through till 2.30am. And you can use them even if you aren't a hotel guest. You can pop on and have a wander around any of the hotels or have dinner.....the only time they ask for room keys is late on a HHN......I believe after midnight you have to have a valid room key to use them....we don't normally stay till that time, but we were asked once when we did manage to stay awake and out till after midnight...….that's usually our limit!!!

We are more morning people usually...….but here.....we do burn the candle at both ends......

i-7d65HhW-X5.jpg

And of course Jake`s boat as you pass RP...….it used to be further over until they built Sapphire and we were so glad they didn't get rid of it, as it does take up a load of room.

i-D6gz7h2-X5.jpg

Turning round towards Sapphire is one of the best parts of taking the boat...….it is an incredibly impressive building...….and definitely the prettiest hotel in the Universal Orlando Resort......in our view of course.....it never fails to impress us every time. The colours and the scents as you enter the lobby area and our rooms are always gorgeous....

i-VXVhZxw-X5.jpg

i-gxnCq3x-X5.jpg

i-pswvMrK-X5.jpg

i-d7GNqfZ-X5.jpg

We get off the boat as sole passengers, thank our Captain and head up to our room to get changed to go out for lunch...…...

The pool always looks so gorgeous during the day....we had definitely been spoiled by having the Cabana on Mother`s Day...….so if we did plan another day by the pool, we`d definitely need to have a cabana again.

i-NjSzMf8-X5.jpg

We love the view from this window...…..we much prefer the lagoon view to the pool view......

i-pVKWSwD-X5.jpg

Coming up.....lunch, dinner and Citywalk…….

Well the darkroom just got added to the list for next year. I loved Islands, the POE just felt so well themed, my head was on a swivel walking in there. I would have loved to have explored the shops a bit but the 2 times we made it over there both kids were on a mission to ride certain things, or I was headed to the back of the park to catch up with my daughter. I think spending time just exploring the shops is going to be it's own line item for 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter