"MAY INCLUDE RUM"..14 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.. MAY `19 TRIP REPORT

We got showered and changed and headed out to the car, which again the guys got ultra quick as it was so close...….and lovely and cool immediately...…..

Lunch was up at Winter Park today and we had thought about going back into the town itself for lunch, but at the last minute decided on 4Rivers...…..

It takes maybe 25 minutes to get up there and it`s always worth the little drive.....we love Winter Park itself and do plan to go up and spend some time every trip, but for today it`s just on the outskirts.

4Rivers is always busy.....and we have seen the line out the door somedays. The first one we went to was in Winter Gardens, and the line was around 40 deep...….but so worth the wait as the food was phenomenal and hasn't disappointed.

i-NHVrsbR-X2.jpg

We did think we were incredibly lucky today as we seemed to get in between rushes...….there were only a few people in front of us and by the time we made up our mind, we were first....

I knew exactly what I was having, but Tom thought he`d have something different...…..

Image result for gloria modern family yes gif

Stick to the meat Tom.....stick to the meat...…...

I opted for ribs and brisket with the gorgeous cornbread and the sweet potato casserole...……

i-q7xmLZW-X2.jpg

Tom decided he liked the sound of The Longhorn sandwich......it had brisket, sausage, onion rings, provolone cheese and relish...…he does love a sandwich!!!!

i-Zx5p453-X2.jpg

Image result for gif disappointed

It wasn't the best sandwich he`d ever eaten. But, Tom is relatively easy to please and ate it and quite enjoyed it, just said he wouldn't order it again.....far too much cheese...….he did have a side of smoked jalapenos and mac n cheese, so that helped......but it didn't look great I have to say.

Mine on the other hand was gorgeous...….the meat was perfection and the sweet potato casserole were delicious......the cornbread today was a little dry...usually it is divine and very moist.....but not quite 10/10 today.....I love the sauces on the table. Sweet and spicy options and some extra hot sauces too if you wanted them. I do like a bit of sauce and the cornbread needed it today.

The line was steadily building again as we enjoyed our food, and it was constant the whole time we were in....they do a roaring trade and no wonder.....the food (except Tom`s sandwich) is delicious.

i-N5xP8Qq-X2.jpg

i-TrHWZvJ-X2.jpg

Once we are done the first stop is the bakery section...…..although I`m not very sweet toothed, I can`t resist coconut cake......and Tom loves it too which is ideal as the slices are huge.

We`ll enjoy that later...…….but they do have a lovely selection of cakes...it`s just usually you`re too full to eat them at the time!!!

i-DTnGWCD-X2.jpg

i-kn8Q6Fg-X2.jpg

i-Kvd5th4-X2.jpg

We have our cake boxed up and head back home...….I want to do some laundry and feel like a snooze this afternoon.

So, easy decision today was just to go back and get it done today and then snooze for an hour or so.

And that`s what we did. Laundry didn't take long, managed a snooze, then we drank a pot of tea we ordered from room service and enjoyed our mammoth slice of coconut cake, it was delicious.........then headed over to the Club Lounge for an hour or so before we headed out tonight...…..we passed our time in there as usual chatting and I enjoyed a glass of wine.

I thought I had taken pictures of the food tonight in the lounge, but I haven't got them, so maybe I didn't.....sometimes we get so busy chatting time passes and it`s time to go. And tonight was one of those chatty nights...….

Eventually we did bid good evening to everyone, and walked back over to get the car again today.

We chatted to one of the vale guys and he asked us how often we stayed as he didn't really know us very well, but had heard one of the guys say we were here a lot......it`s always nice to chat to these guys and surprising what you find out about them at times...….

We head off to Hot `N` Juicy Crawfish......we love this place and had really enjoyed our previous visits on other trips. But tonight we were hoping to see someone who now works here.

Sammy had worked in Strong Water Bar for ages, and had only left in April to start here as one of the managers......we liked her a lot and she had said to make sure we come and say hello once we came back. Of course we didn't know if she was working tonight or not......but we hoped we could say hello and see how she was doing.

We got seated immediately...….it is a busy place, and tonight was no different...….

i-pmDnXpL-X2.jpg

The tablecloths are all removable plastic as it does get messy....even with the best will in the world.....don't wear white...….Tom, I did say wear a dark tee shirt tonight...…….hmmm.

i-cLgQ4x8-X2.jpg

i-4GfRkKd-X2.jpg

You are given a bib and lots of pairs of plastic gloves, there is a roll of paper tissues to wipe your hands and face....and anything else that gets covered in splashes...….and a bucket to put all your shells and heads in on the middle of the table.…..yep....we love it here!!!!!

There is a menu that has steam plates and a whole load of sides......but for us this place is all about the shrimp!!!! All the food comes steamed in a clear plastic bag......all the requested spice level, marinade and juice swirl around coating every last inch of the food.…...delicious!!!

Our waitress comes over and we both order fanta`s and tonight we are having the same dish...….shrimp.

Last time Tom ordered crawfish, but they were fairly small and not worth the effort to shell...….so we each ordered 1lb each, and you do get around 12 or 13 large shrimp for that...….we also ordered fries, but really, we didn't need them.

i-8WfZtPj-X2.jpg

We both ordered the same seasoning, the hot n juicy, but mine was extra spicy and Tom got medium spice...

After we ordered I saw Sammy and waved...….her face lit up and she came straight over...….what a lovely girl she is...….we had a good catch up and we were glad to hear she enjoyed her new position, although missed working with her friends in the bar...….but she enjoyed the earlier finish and I was glad we had came in tonight as she was off for the next four days...as we chatted the waiter we had last visit stopped to say hi as he remembered us from our March visit....I even remembered his name which impressed him no end!!!!!

Our food arrived and Sammy said she`d check on us...….but wow.....the shrimp were stunning!!!!

The aroma as we opened the bag...…..oh my goodness!!!!

Garlic and so many more flavours were competing for attention......and it was all we could do to wait……..we did only take a picture of one bag as we wanted the camera out of the way of the food we knew would splatter around...…...so we took mine and then I tucked in first...…..

i-Q4m29Dw-X2.jpg

I did ask for extra spicy!!!!!!

Image result for food all over face gif

I didn't use gloves, as I find it easier to peel the shell without them.....they are easy to shell as they are cooked to perfection, and delicious......Tom puts his gloves on and miraculously doesn't splash anywhere except the big conveniently wrapped around our necks......

Not everyone will enjoy pulling off the heads and shelling whatever seafood you have ordered.…..but we love it......and dive in with relish.....the taste is even nicer than the aroma and the shrimp themselves are divine...…….

No avoiding this look though...……

Image result for sauce all over face gif

(not a shrimp but you get the idea)

I was glad the camera was gone by now!!!!

This is a fabulous place. If you don't like seafood it`s not for you....I believe they do a chicken tender po boy, but that's about it......this place is all about the seafood!!!!

It took us quite a while to eat the amount of shrimp we had......portions are excellent and the shrimp are plump and so tasty...….I never wanted to lick my fingers so much in all my life!!!!

Our waitress brought us wet wipes too but I headed off to the bathroom to wash my hands properly...….garlic and cajun spices do hang around!!!

We did see Sammy before we left, and we were so glad we did. We`d had a wonderful meal here again and assured her we`d be back in September...….so we said our goodbye`s and headed out to the car and drove quicky to Publix before going back home then heading out to Citywalk.

We were so full......but not uncomfortably so......I did go up to change into comfortable sandals rather than shoes, then we went down for the boat.

You can see from this side when a boat appears, and you can make it down in time easily...….but tonight I hadn't looked out as the turndown lady was in as we came back....so we chatted while I changed shoes and then we left.

We got lucky.

Yep.....another boat to ourselves......this is highly unusual at all the hotels, but this one, folks from Aventura and CBay use it too......so it`s usually busy. But not this one.

i-tpNXKpz-X2.jpg

Fat Tuesday`s in the centre of Citywalk was our plan tonight...….we didn't plan to go anywhere else later.....this was going to be a quietish night ahead. We wanted to have a fairly early night.

i-P8GJMfb-X2.jpg

Tom ordered the Margarita and I had the Cat 5 Hurricane...…..both were lovely, although I did prefer mine as it was fruitier...…..

i-DdkqjXt-X2.jpg

And we loved sitting here.

Watching the area around us fill with people just out enjoying themselves is lovely...….it`s so relaxing and the heat again tonight was incredible......we were loving every second!!!!

i-zL2PD9s-X2.jpg

And the evening again, passes so quickly...…..we chat about anything and everything and laugh so hard at times a youngish woman asks what we`re drinking as she wants some too!!!! Not exactly a Harry Met Sally moment, but funny...…..

i-J8rJ3Kj-X2.jpg

It darkens so quickly here, although I did think sunset took a little longer tonight…..but, so pretty...….

i-RMTNgVR-X2.jpg

We do order another drink each…….I only know they were blue. :rotfl:

And it is nice, although we go through 3 straws each instead of one as they are the paper ones...….and useless with iced drinks...…..

i-8nkntGb-X2.jpg

i-NNwVvhG-X2.jpg

We love Citywalk especially at night with everything lit up and so sparkling looking...….

The fireworks from the night show were fairly clear from where we sat so we did get some pictures, but they`re not the best......

i-534WJVj-X2.jpg

The two people below where Tom was taking the pictures asked someone on the table beside them what the fireworks were for...….and they were informed by that person it was the Potter Castle night show in IOA?????? lol...….

Image result for GLORIA PRITCHETT WHAAAAT!!!! GIF

This was said with such authority, even I began to wonder......lol...…..

We did tell them the correct information. in a little while..….we had to as they had their map out and looked confused...….turns out this was their first night here and were doing the parks for the first time tomorrow...….bless them!!!! No wonder they were confused...…..

i-z8sZg4W-X2.jpg

i-Dpsx6Jt-X2.jpg

The fireworks were nice to see and we sat a while longer and chatted to those sitting around us...….and again time passed so quickly and before we knew it, it was just after 11pm!!! Oops.

No early night for us then..…….

We went down for the boat and it wasn't too long a wait as the parks had long emptied. So, short boat ride home and up to our room, and we did head straight to bed tonight, no tv nor no nightcap...……

Tomorrow was some shopping and a new evening dining experience......

Well the darkroom just got added to the list for next year. I loved Islands, the POE just felt so well themed, my head was on a swivel walking in there. I would have loved to have explored the shops a bit but the 2 times we made it over there both kids were on a mission to ride certain things, or I was headed to the back of the park to catch up with my daughter. I think spending time just exploring the shops is going to be it's own line item for 2020.

Lol.....I know what you mean about your head on a swivel......it is amazingly themed for what is an entry area.

Yes, rides do come first with kids........we do enjoy being able to wander as we please, so I’m sure you’ll definitely fit it into your next trip.......:wave2:

Yes, rides do come first with kids........we do enjoy being able to wander as we please, so I’m sure you’ll definitely fit it into your next trip.......:wave2:

The one nice thing about being active when the rest of your family resembles sloths is you get to go out by yourself. I can totally see exploring islands one afternoon while the rest of them lounge by the pool. The trade off of course is I'm sure it will be surface of the sun hot on said afternoon. But that's why there's Fat Tuesday's at citywalk right? :drinking: got to stay hydrated.

Also my DH was super impressed with the boat for some reason, when I mentioned you could take it too and from the hotel he got really excited. I have no idea why this impressed him so much, but he really thought it was neat.

The one nice thing about being active when the rest of your family resembles sloths is you get to go out by yourself. I can totally see exploring islands one afternoon while the rest of them lounge by the pool. The trade off of course is I'm sure it will be surface of the sun hot on said afternoon. But that's why there's Fat Tuesday's at citywalk right? :drinking: got to stay hydrated.

Also my DH was super impressed with the boat for some reason, when I mentioned you could take it too and from the hotel he got really excited. I have no idea why this impressed him so much, but he really thought it was neat.

Lol.....the boat is fun!!

I’m laughing at your sloth description........yes, that would be a plan......and it probably wouldn’t be as bad as you think as you can hop from aircon to aircon....and if you’re taking it easy it’ll even manage to be fun......

Especially if you stop in at Fat Tuesdays or Margaritaville :thumbsup2 the bar there is the friendliest around in Citywalk........ ::yes::

What a great day! You fit in so much, and even had time for laundry! The sky did look so blue.
I enjoyed your pics from Scotland. My parents were from Scotland, actually my brothers were also born there and I am the first Canadian born! I haven't been back since I was 10 but would like to make it back one day.

Thanks for the pics! Glad to know I can enjoy a good fruity cocktail and catch some fireworks from Fat Tuesdays!

Loving your trip report again! I hope I can make it to Universal in September too!!

What a great day! You fit in so much, and even had time for laundry! The sky did look so blue.
I enjoyed your pics from Scotland. My parents were from Scotland, actually my brothers were also born there and I am the first Canadian born! I haven't been back since I was 10 but would like to make it back one day.

Oh you’re one of the family then!!!! Oh I’m sure you’ll get back one day for a visit.......make sure it’s the summer......weather can make such a difference there.......we always joked if you didn’t like the weather, hang around for 20 minutes and it’ll change.......and it usually does! But love it up there........

We did have a lovely day......the heat was fabulous as we didn’t expect it to be as hot as it was this May......we were very lucky :wave2:

Thanks for the pics! Glad to know I can enjoy a good fruity cocktail and catch some fireworks from Fat Tuesdays!

Loving your trip report again! I hope I can make it to Universal in September too!!

Thanks.......oh yes......plenty of fruity cocktails everywhere!! And seeing the fireworks from there was nice......

I’m so glad you’re enjoying reading.......and yes, I hope you make it in September for a trip......that would be lovely.......fingers crossed :wave2:

FRIDAY MAY 17TH

Related image

When we went to bed last night we had a plan...…...

Let`s sleep late was our idea...…...and to be fair we did sleep a little late......till 6.45 instead of 6.30!!! I guess that is late for us....or should I say me as I`m quite sure Tom could have got back to sleep if I hadn't moved and got up. But, today was going to be a day of not doing very much if truth be told.....

We thought this morning after we had breakfast, we would take our time and go to the Mall at Millenia, I had some gifts to buy for some friends who had birthdays coming up and they like some of the brands of handbags that we can get in America.....so I said I would get that for them and that`s the worry of what to get them out of the way.

So, showered and changed we wandered over to the Club Lounge....and we really planned to take our time this morning as the Mall didn't open till 10am. This suited us as it meant we would see a few of the folks we had missed last few days and the manager comes up after her meeting usually and we have a good old chat...….so our morning was pretty much sorted. And the walk as always is nice, we joke it`s our morning exercise before breakfast.......well, we look happier than all the folks looking exhausted in the hotel gym as we pass!!!

Breakfast was nice...….we both had some fruit and some of the newer continental meats on offer......one was like a prosciutto and the other was chorizo like. Very nice.…...and it is nice in the lounge......it has a very warm and welcoming feel and although it`s fairly quiet this morning, there is a steady stream of folks wandering in and out while we are there....food is constantly replenished while we are there and this is something that we do like here......you never feel you are getting the tail ends of food even when it`s later on in the service......standards are high and it shows.

We do chat for a while this morning and once we are done eating we pass the time until we do head back over to Sapphire to get the car and make the short drive to the Mall.

Anyone who knows us, knows this is our favourite Mall.....we have been visiting since 2007 and fell in love with it immediately......although the Florida Mall has been improved last few years and does look better, back then it wasn't as light and airy and was a little seedy in places. We just didn't like it. So this Mall was perfect for us......and yes, I know how it sounds when I say I prefer places with less tourists...….I get the irony. But, we just do.

We arrived just as the Mall was opening and of course as we do stopped to get a few pictures as it is just a beautiful mall inside and out......and the exterior is stunning. One of the nicest I have ever seen.

i-W3FR3kb-XL.jpg

Yes, there really was no one around...….we had never once seen this in all our many, many visits......so of course we snapped away...….

I adore this picture......

i-3w5NdCd-X2.jpg

i-nDkHRtL-X2.jpg

It just looked so beautiful and I doubted we would be this lucky again, to have no one in the picture was delightful.....we got a few from different angles then went across the very quiet road. Once inside I turned and just snapped this one, for no particular reason...

i-kBj6pBw-X2.jpg

And then it got weird.

We were approached by the security officer that had been standing inside the building......I saw him look out as we took pictures of the exterior.....but thought he was just looking out of the window......

He looked at me and said, very politely, I`m sorry you can`t take pictures of the structure.

Excuse me????

He again repeated, you can`t take pictures of the structure...….

We both looked at him in total disbelief and actually didn't quite know what to say so I said......eh!!!! I kind of laughed and said I had been taking pictures of the Mall since 2007 and had never once been told not to take pictures......he said we could go to the Management offices and query it there, but Mall policy was, we couldn't take pictures of the Structure.

Then it got weirder.

He said,

You can take pictures of the store fronts......they don't "mind" that....

You CAN take a picture of each other in front of the structure.....or anything inside that is considered part of the structure......

You CANNOT take pictures of the structure or any parts inside the structure that isn't a store front without either of us in the picture.

So, I could take a picture of Tom in front of the structure......he could take a picture of me in front of the structure...….but we couldn't if there wasn't one of us in the image.

We were looking at him in total disbelief at this time.....especially as there was a man walked past carrying a hand held video camera a few seconds later filming the Mall!!!!! I reminded him it was a Mall....yes, it`s private property but it`s still a mall.

He said it was security measures and the owners wanted to protect their privacy.

Now, Tom and I both worked in a sensitive industry for many years and understand high security issues, it was part of our daily routine. But this seemed ludicrous...….

Someone suggested later, it might be in place since the Pulse Nightclub attack, but no.....apparently this has always been their policy. We told him we would keep that in mind and wandered off. A little bemused was an understatement.

Us being good...…...see....I`m in the image.....along with several store fronts......

i-XvTKVKw-X2.jpg

Now this one is a little ambiguous...….there`s no one in it, but there are some distant store fronts.....is this allowed??? I`m guessing yes.

i-F4GJJLr-X2.jpg

This image below we took with me in it, and another me not in it......while two security officers stood on the upper floor while we did and never commented nor told us to stop!!!

i-95fVFvH-X2.jpg

We wandered into Williams and Sonoma while I slowly simmered inwardly......although Tom admitted later he was watching and knew I would come to a point I`d have to go get clarification...….the man knows me so well.

i-Hf4Gmkj-X2.jpg

So, we decided to go ask about it in the offices.

The lady on the desk was so lovely......we told her our story and she confirmed that is indeed the policy.....we asked her if she heard how ridiculous it sounded, she was in an awkward situation.....I said of course I understood it was Private land.....it seemed ridiculous that we could take pictures but not if no one was in them. She said the owners were concerned for their privacy. OK.

We could however......bring any pictures we had taken to be approved!!!!

She also told us if we had been asked to stop taking pictures once and carried on we would be asked to leave the Mall. The woman was so nice, and there was no point going round in circles, so she offered us the email of two senior members of staff. I would do that when we got home.

The upshot of it all is.....I did get an initial reply where they quoted a reason....and didn't really answer some of the questions I had. So, when I came back from NY I replied back asking them to clarify a few things.....was the giant Christmas Tree considered part of the structure....and several other things. I haven't so far received another reply.

There are a few things I haven't added here, and won`t as the conversation in the email is deemed private....but it did seem a very odd situation to be approached by this officer......and left us feeling very reluctant to return if this is the way they are going to be. We do take lot of pictures everywhere as you know.

i-GfnLmrC-X2.jpg

I really didn't feel like shopping now.

Related image

I knew I had to go to Bath & Body, so we did go there and stocked up....boy did we stock up!!!! I never knew there was such a thing as angry shopping...…..:blush:

Image result for shopping while angry gif

However, once we were done in there, we left...….I was so amazed at what had happened and again, saw several folks with video cameras filming the mall as we passed them...…..didn't see anyone approach them and tell them to stop.....hmmm.

i-jfVnzdZ-X2.jpg

So, we left the Mall with me feeling very aggrieved and kind of upset and angry that this had happened. Was it a disaster or tragic.....absolutely not......but we did feel very strange. We first drove back to the hotel to drop our not very many purchases off in the room....although one of the valet guys asked if there was anything left in the Bath & Body store......lol.....that did make me laugh...…

By the time we chatted to everyone we knew in the lobby, it was now time for lunch......and I was hungry......

Lunch today was NYPD pizza on Universal Blvd. We had gone to the one in Metro West last time and although it was good, the place itself was so quiet.....whereas this one has plenty of atmosphere and is always busy...…..

I cannot believe the size of this hotel!!!! 2800 rooms!!!! It is huge.....and doesn't open till next year. It`s at the top of I Drive opposite Endless Summer resort that`s just opened...….

i-k9T5hrX-X2.jpg

Lunch was something I was looking forward to now....Tom asked if I wanted a glass of wine......lol.....no I`d stick to fanta…...

i-7T53Nb5-X2.jpg

You do get taken to a table in here, and the lady on the door could be a little happier I`d guess......but the staff here are friendly and although they are busy, you don't wait long for service or food.

i-Hz6Hp2T-X2.jpg

We both order a personal size one, and Tom opts for the meat feast, as he usually does......and I opt for the bbq chicken as I usually do with added pineapple and jalapenos and omit the onions...….perfect.

The décor of the place is quite cool.....and it is frequented by many of the emergency services.....police officers and fire crew and their bosses too by the look of it...….which is good to see. They do a roaring trade in take out food too as the whole time we were in there was a constant stream of uniforms wandering in, picking up their food and heading back out...….

i-PMJk8Xv-X2.jpg

Considering how busy it is, we get our food in a decent time....and they are both gorgeous...….

i-Qw4hPSz-X2.jpg

We both devoured these with relish and I was happy with the amount of jalapenos on the pizza.....some places are quite shy with them, but here.....they pile them on!!!! They are generous with all the toppings here I have to say.

i-NN7v4bD-X2.jpg

We sat for a little while then headed out into the boiling hot heat of the day.

Driving back up Universal Blvd, we see just how huge this hotel is side on...….it looks a little bit like a concrete block in the Soviet Union right now...….but I`m sure when it`s done it`ll be very pretty.

i-NH35GbP-X2.jpg

We pop into the Walgreen`s parking lot opposite Endless Summer and I get out to take some pictures of the newest hotel in the Universal Orlando family.....it would be opening in June and looked almost ready as we got close. I believe they opened up the sidewalk the few days after we took this picture.

i-JznvTzm-X2.jpg

i-rVprpfX-X2.jpg

We do plan to go for a wander around in September...…..out of curiosity......I`m sure it`ll be very pretty inside. I never watch vlogs or videos from folks that make them, I like to be surprised......

It was early so we headed to the Florida Mall to buy some of the bags I had mentioned we were after. Ever wish you`d just went back to the hotel and slept for an hour.

So, I`ll be brief......we went into Macy`s and I was looking at the bags.....a lady approached and asked if she could help...I told her what I was looking for and how many.…...I commented that I wish Macy`s sold the MCM brand as I would like another one for me and maybe for the bestest friend I have...….I won`t mention a name as they all read this....lol.....but this was when she actually looked me up and down.....yes she did......and said in the most condescending manner......oh those bags are very expensive you know dear...…..

Image result for seriously gif

I was gobsmacked!!!! Even more so as I had my MCM bag on with me today...…...I looked at her and said very quietly...….I was planning on spending a lot of money in here today...….not anymore. Totally different to what I planned to say in my head if I`m honest....Seriously!!!!! She did try to back track and said she meant Macy`s wouldn't sell them.....but too late. We were gone.

Tom was furious......and I guess I was only angry, but some people might have felt a little intimidated by that attitude. Nope, she had the problem not me...….

We came out and honestly…….we began to see the funny side of the events of today............

So, two mall experiences in one day...….we drove straight home and I went online and ordered the bags I wanted to order and they arrived before we even got home to the UK...…..so easy.

We went for a quick snooze as it was still early and we looked forward to our new dining experience later. Somewhere we hadn't gone to before.

I am flabbergasted at the treatment you received at both malls! That is bizarre for the first one, and appalling for the second. I am so sorry! America (and Americans) can get weird at times. I'm glad you found exactly what you wanted online and ordered. This is why retail locations in America are being devoured by online shopping. Who wants to put up with that when I can shop from my couch and not have to deal with the cray?!

I am hoping the new dining is going to balance out the day with a spectacular experience!

This is why retail locations in America are being devoured by online shopping. Who wants to put up with that when I can shop from my couch and not have to deal with the cray?!

Man do I agree with this. I find myself doing online shopping when I think of what I need, boom done and I know it'll appear on my doorstep and not leave me thinking oh yeah I need to pick that up the next time I need something.

All caught up. Your travel information, food and pictures as always fantistic.

I never knew there was such a thing as angry shopping...…..:blush:

Had to chuckle about that....never thought about angry shopping.

I was so amazed at what had happened and again, saw several folks with video cameras filming the mall as we passed them...…..didn't see anyone approach them and tell them to stop.....hmmm.

Interesting that security was interested in your picture taking and not talking to folks that are video taping the mall. Seems they should have been talking to those folks too.

Hope this does not put you off on going back to the Mall at Millenia. There are occasions in life when it seems like you have a bullseye on your back and everyone has decided to have a go at you all in one day...I have had those days too.

Chin up.....what those security people and private owners don’t know is that your trip reports and Tom’s pictures are responsible for telling me and many many others about Mall at Millenia and for all of us spending a lot of money there because of it.

So sad the lady at Macy’s was condescending. She lost a large sell that day because of her behavior towards you.

Your shopping ideas are great. Hang in there.

I am so sorry! America (and Americans) can get weird at times

Maybe I’am just old, but I find it disheartening that folks (fellow Americans) feel the need to apologize for all Americans. Sadly the experience Schumi and her husband had were with the security guard and the sales lady at Macy’s and is not a conviction on the behavior of all Americans. Just those individuals.

Keep shopping and sharing your great finds Schumi........tell Tom there are probably many men who wished their wives did not know about Mall at Millenia....LOL :hyper:

I am flabbergasted at the treatment you received at both malls! That is bizarre for the first one, and appalling for the second. I am so sorry! America (and Americans) can get weird at times. I'm glad you found exactly what you wanted online and ordered. This is why retail locations in America are being devoured by online shopping. Who wants to put up with that when I can shop from my couch and not have to deal with the cray?!

I am hoping the new dining is going to balance out the day with a spectacular experience!

Thanks Maria......Yes, flabbergasting was the word we used for the photography incident. And the sales lady, well.....I guess there are people like that....funny thing is, we have gone into higher end stores like LV, Chanel, Tiffany and so on and have never had any member of staff try to make us feel uncomfortable......it seemed quite funny we got that type of treatment in a store like Macy`s lol......

Yes, online shopping is so much easier than dealing with some of the issues we have in dealing with "people" And it is a shame. We have a lovely village with a few unique little independent stores and the town next to us has local deli`s and similar, we try as much as possible to shop local, but for bigger purchases, online is becoming a more regular option for us.

Oh I didn't think anything about Americans when things like this happen....we`ve always been fortunate for the most part in meeting only lovely people...….but there are always one or two......

yes, much nicer post to come ::yes::

Man do I agree with this. I find myself doing online shopping when I think of what I need, boom done and I know it'll appear on my doorstep and not leave me thinking oh yeah I need to pick that up the next time I need something.

Yep....exactly what we said too...…

Yesterday evening we ordered some new garden furniture, just some things to dot around the garden, but it will arrive this afternoon.....can`t get better service than that….so much easier......

All caught up. Your travel information, food and pictures as always fantistic.

Had to chuckle about that....never thought about angry shopping.

Interesting that security was interested in your picture taking and not talking to folks that are video taping the mall. Seems they should have been talking to those folks too.

Hope this does not put you off on going back to the Mall at Millenia. There are occasions in life when it seems like you have a bullseye on your back and everyone has decided to have a go at you all in one day...I have had those days too.

Chin up.....what those security people and private owners don’t know is that your trip reports and Tom’s pictures are responsible for telling me and many many others about Mall at Millenia and for all of us spending a lot of money there because of it.

So sad the lady at Macy’s was condescending. She lost a large sell that day because of her behavior towards you.

Your shopping ideas are great. Hang in there.

Maybe I’am just old, but I find it disheartening that folks (fellow Americans) feel the need to apologize for all Americans. Sadly the experience Schumi and her husband had were with the security guard and the sales lady at Macy’s and is not a conviction on the behavior of all Americans. Just those individuals.

Keep shopping and sharing your great finds Schumi........tell Tom there are probably many men who wished their wives did not know about Mall at Millenia....LOL :hyper:

Thanks Robo….

Oh angry shopping is fun later when you see exactly what you picked up......lol......Tom said I was like a swarm of locusts just picking things up everywhere...….

Not sure I want to go back to the MaM to be honest.....but we`ll see....yes, I put all these things behind me quick as a flash. The Macy`s lady was just rude, I have no time for that type of person, so can wipe that immediately, after the initial surprise I guess......funny thing is that Macy`s resembles a bargain basement store now...not as nice as it used to be. So for her to try and have an uppity attitude was slightly funny....I`m a strong enough character to not be intimidated by people like that......

Glad you`re enjoying the report Robo…..and nice to see you still reading along.......:wave2:

Totally weird.....all I could think of was:
View attachment 414108

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I love that scene!!!! And yes, it was a little reminiscent of that......lol.....but although I had a few things in my mind to say...….I didn't...…..I wouldn't treat people like that...….I always in any situation like that, thankfully haven't been too many......but try to abide by the below statements.....hopefully it doesn't read as too condescending or schmaltzy...……:blush:

It`s worked well for me, and also when some folks have made obnoxious comments about me personally :wave2:

And then it got weird.
We were approached by the security officer that had been standing inside the building......I saw him look out as we took pictures of the exterior.....but thought he was just looking out of the window......

He looked at me and said, very politely, I`m sorry you can`t take pictures of the structure.

Excuse me????

I think that's so weird. I don't think I would've believed him either. Some security personnel can be a bit overzealous. So it's weird to me that's a real mall policy.

Then it got weirder.

He said,

You can take pictures of the store fronts......they don't "mind" that....

You CAN take a picture of each other in front of the structure.....or anything inside that is considered part of the structure......

You CANNOT take pictures of the structure or any parts inside the structure that isn't a store front without either of us in the picture.

That doesn't make any sense at all! You're still taking pictures of the thing. How does it protect anyone's privacy if you're added to the picture?

Someone suggested later, it might be in place since the Pulse Nightclub attack, but no.....apparently this has always been their policy. We told him we would keep that in mind and wandered off. A little bemused was an understatement.

When that mall opened I know they had some weird rules (like a dress code they tried to enforce) maybe that's just a weird leftover rule? They definitely try to operate it differently than other malls, but that's not always a good thing.

was the giant Christmas Tree considered part of the structure....and several other things. I haven't so far received another reply

Then we broke the rules too :rotfl:

and left us feeling very reluctant to return if this is the way they are going to be. We do take lot of pictures everywhere as you know.

I feel the same way about places that don't allow pictures because I love to take them so much. There were some tourist attractions in Cali when we went that didn't allow pictures and whenever I read that about a place it made me no longer want to go because we have so much fun taking pictures on our trips.

video cameras filming the mall as we passed them...…..didn't see anyone approach them and tell them to stop.....hmmm

I've seen vlogs filmed at that mall. I also filmed in the mall. SO weird.

but this was when she actually looked me up and down.....yes she did......and said in the most condescending manner......oh those bags are very expensive you know dear...…..

I'm sorry you had such terrible experiences at both malls. That lady was way out of line. You should never imply a customer can't afford something! That's just a surefire way to lose a sale. I find shopping in malls can be frustrating sometimes (unhelpful people, never have what you're looking for etc) so I end up ordering online a lot too.

(I also saw your comment about Macy's being like a bargain basement now and I agree). Macy's definitely isn't as "nice" of a store as it was once considered. I don't really shop there but always find the prices are far too high for what they sell.

I think that's so weird. I don't think I would've believed him either. Some security personnel can be a bit overzealous. So it's weird to me that's a real mall policy.

That doesn't make any sense at all! You're still taking pictures of the thing. How does it protect anyone's privacy if you're added to the picture?

When that mall opened I know they had some weird rules (like a dress code they tried to enforce) maybe that's just a weird leftover rule? They definitely try to operate it differently than other malls, but that's not always a good thing.

Then we broke the rules too :rotfl:

I feel the same way about places that don't allow pictures because I love to take them so much. There were some tourist attractions in Cali when we went that didn't allow pictures and whenever I read that about a place it made me no longer want to go because we have so much fun taking pictures on our trips.

I've seen vlogs filmed at that mall. I also filmed in the mall. SO weird.

I'm sorry you had such terrible experiences at both malls. That lady was way out of line. You should never imply a customer can't afford something! That's just a surefire way to lose a sale. I find shopping in malls can be frustrating sometimes (unhelpful people, never have what you're looking for etc) so I end up ordering online a lot too.

(I also saw your comment about Macy's being like a bargain basement now and I agree). Macy's definitely isn't as "nice" of a store as it was once considered. I don't really shop there but always find the prices are far too high for what they sell.

I so agree with everything you say....and Macy`s....yes, what happened to that store...it used to be alright!!! I looked at a dress in there, more skater style I guess......it was $200. I wouldn't have paid $50 for it!!!

Yes, the policy is weird.....it is on their website in some obscure page that no photography or filming is allowed...but a friend said he thought that statement was more for professional shoots who must get permission.

Yes, crazy I can be in the picture......I guess they haven't heard of photoshop!!! I didn't know they tried a dress policy???? Crikey that is even weirder......I know it`s a nicer mall, but if you have money to spend it shouldn't matter how you dress.....doubt they`d turn Kim Kardooda away and we all know how she dresses at times...….eeek!!!!!

I can understand security issues in certain situations and I know there are sensitive areas in some buildings that common sense tells you not to picture....but a shopping Mall!!!!! Doesn't make sense.....I know what you mean when you say the places in Cali that don't allow pictures....makes you not want to go, like you we love taking pictures of everything, and if it makes sense I`d understand....but this just doesn't.

And yes, I guess I`ll be breaking the rules in December too as Kyle will want to go, so we will, we saw everyone take pictures of it last couple of years......crazy......

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter