Merge reservation/bookings?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
I have a waitlist that came through and it is a third day at BWV, but its a separate booking from the first two days, should i call in to have it merged or something?
I cant imagine id have to move, its the same room type, I just don’t want any confusion, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 9

We do this all the time. They will tell you it might take 7 to 10 days but lately it’s been 24 to 48 hours!!

And don’t get nervous if you see a cancellation email first. It happens when the merge is in process and the new one comes minutes later!!

We do this all the time. They will tell you it might take 7 to 10 days but lately it’s been 24 to 48 hours!!

And don’t get nervous if you see a cancellation email first. It happens when the merge is in process and the new one comes minutes later!!
Whew! Thanks for saying that about the cancellation Email. I recently had a reservation merged, and they warned me about the cancellation Email. Well, since we had had a reservation inexplicably partially cancelled several years back, I panicked and very forcefully insisted on them not cancelling anything and if they were going to, just to everything alone, and we'd deal with it at the resort. I guess they sensed my panic and immediately wrote back reassuring me everything would be OK. It took closer to the 7-10 days, but when it did, I scrutinized very carefully, and everything was OK.

Question:
After they merge the reservations, what does it look like on your DVC dashboard? Does it all look like one reservation? And do you get a new reservation number?

Question:
After they merge the reservations, what does it look like on your DVC dashboard? Does it all look like one reservation? And do you get a new reservation number?
It appears as one reservation after the merge. They typically keep one of the existing confirmation numbers after merging.

Question:
It looks like one reservation. In my case, the second, shorter reservation was merged into the original, longer reservation and kept that first confirmation number.

Question:
It looks like one reservation. In my case, the second, shorter reservation was merged into the original, longer reservation and kept that first confirmation number.
Yes, this is what i'm assuming they will do, merge my 3rd day into the first 2, & keep that res#.

I use the chat feature to merge reservations. Super quick and convenient.
I just sent them an email, they replied to say it could take up to 7-10 days, but I'm guessing it'll be done sooner. I just hope it doesn't screw anything up, those 2 waitlists coming thru improved my trip immensely!! :)

Yes, this is what i'm assuming they will do, merge my 3rd day into the first 2, & keep that res#.

I just sent them an email, they replied to say it could take up to 7-10 days, but I'm guessing it'll be done sooner. I just hope it doesn't screw anything up, those 2 waitlists coming thru improved my trip immensely!! :)

Screenshot what is there. I do that before a merge just in case!

Additional note: I first made the merge request via chat and was told the usual, it’ll take up to a week or so. After more than a week with no change, I called MS and repeated my request. The CM made no mention that the request had already been submitted, and I got the same response, but the change was made within a day.

Additional note: I first made the merge request via chat and was told the usual, it’ll take up to a week or so. After more than a week with no change, I called MS and repeated my request. The CM made no mention that the request had already been submitted, and I got the same response, but the change was made within a day.
Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been waiting 5 days for a merge. I think I’ll call if not showing by early next week.

Adding onto this question, if my trip is in two days and I need to merge the rooms, is it still possible? Would it help if I talk to the front desk at check-in?

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been waiting 5 days for a merge. I think I’ll call if not showing by early next week.

Adding onto this question, if my trip is in two days and I need to merge the rooms, is it still possible? Would it help if I talk to the front desk at check-in?

I called on Saturday (did not try email or chat).

When I called, the person on the phone told me that she would pass the information on to Operations Support, and it would take a week to 10 days to get the reservations merged.

Today is Friday. Still not merged. I can't complain because it's still less than 10 days, but I wanted to post for those two PPs.

I’d call MS and have them make a note about it since it’s doubtful they can get it merged that quickly.

This way, they can assign you room for both nights from the start, Most likely, you have already been assigned but at least if they know from now they can try to keep you in the same room.

I’d also check when you arrive as well.

I have been told they prioritize merging based on how long until check in. 2 days though might be too late, When you arrive check in at the desk and see if they have you staying in the same room for the entire stay and if not ask the to try and do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter