• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michelle Carter Trial (MA) Verdict announced Friday 11 AM

kitkat2409: Rayburn: "She takes it upon herself to tell him that his family is going to be fine. She takes it upon herself to speak for his mother."

Prosecution says Roy did try to get help, had entered Steppingstone program in weeks before his death.

Roy's video shows opposite of what defense suggested, Rayburn says. Rather, it contained a message of "hope."

: Rayburn: "She takes it upon herself to tell him that his family is going to be fine. She takes it upon herself to speak for his mother."

yburn: "I would suggest there is a lot of bias in Dr. Breggin's testimony. ... It's blinding." #MichelleCarter

Rayburn saying Dr. Breggin's testimony that Carter was intoxicated by Celexa is biased and unreliable.

Judge Moniz rubs his beard with his right hand as he listens to the prosecutor make her final argument. #MichelleCarter

kitkat2409: Rayburn: "You can encourage someone to die via text, and you can commit a crime via text." #MichelleCarter

: Rayburn: "She wanted the world to see that she was the only one who understood." #MichelleCarter

kitkat2409: ADA Rayburn is done. Judge Moniz will take the case to his chambers. #MichelleCarter

e absolutely knew what she was doing, she absolutely knew it was wrong, and she absolutely caused the death of this 18 year old boy,"

kitkat2409: Rayburn done. Judge Moniz taking under advisement. When he decides, he'll inform clerk's office and announce verdict in court the next day

#MichelleCarter, led by Cataldo, leaves the courtroom and enters a conference room with tears in her eyes.

closing arguements start at 2 pm today
2:30 snuz.
I actually posted that from the courtroom today, which was why I was so sure what time it was starting. It's not too far from where I live, so with the amount of warning regarding start time, I decided to go.

I watched the trial (mostly just listened while puttering) on YouTube, but I didn't pay close attention to all of it, so it was pretty powerful to see each side present their case in uninterrupted emotional closing arguments, while seeing the families (Conrad Roy's mother was not in the courtroom for most of it), during and after.

As often happens with court cases, I hear one side, and think, well that sounds good, and then the other side, and that sounds good too. But ultimately, it seems to me like the prosecution case was very strong. Complicated case though, so it wouldn't surprise me if it swings the other way.

In the elevator on the way in, a woman asked me if I knew about the suicide trial...that she had overheard teenage boys talking about it, saying some pretty vicious things about Michelle, and we both agreed how disgusting that is, and how that nastiness is so prevalent these days. A woman I sat with briefly in court said that she thought it was a good idea that Michelle chose a bench trial because a jury would go after her and "she's only a child." Pretty strong feelings on both sides.

Since there will be a day's notice of the verdict, if I'm available, I'll go to the courthouse. The courtroom seemed more crowded today during closing arguments, although still seats available, than I recall seeing during testimony, but I wonder if the verdict will attract a bigger crowd from every interested group...the families, the media, the general public.

I actually posted that from the courtroom today, which was why I was so sure what time it was starting. It's not too far from where I live, so with the amount of warning regarding start time, I decided to go.

I watched the trial (mostly just listened while puttering) on YouTube, but I didn't pay close attention to all of it, so it was pretty powerful to see each side present their case in uninterrupted emotional closing arguments, while seeing the families (Conrad Roy's mother was not in the courtroom for most of it), during and after.

As often happens with court cases, I hear one side, and think, well that sounds good, and then the other side, and that sounds good too. But ultimately, it seems to me like the prosecution case was very strong. Complicated case though, so it wouldn't surprise me if it swings the other way.

In the elevator on the way in, a woman asked me if I knew about the suicide trial...that she had overheard teenage boys talking about it, saying some pretty vicious things about Michelle, and we both agreed how disgusting that is, and how that nastiness is so prevalent these days. A woman I sat with briefly in court said that she thought it was a good idea that Michelle chose a bench trial because a jury would go after her and "she's only a child." Pretty strong feelings on both sides.

Since there will be a day's notice of the verdict, if I'm available, I'll go to the courthouse. The courtroom seemed more crowded today during closing arguments, although still seats available, than I recall seeing during testimony, but I wonder if the verdict will attract a bigger crowd from every interested group...the families, the media, the general public.
Oh wow, wish we knew you were there. But am glad you got to hear different views in there.

kitkat2409: Prosecutor Katie Rayburn: "It gets to the point where he (Conrad Roy) is apologizing to her (MichelleCarter) for not being dead yet. #wcvb

09: "Why were the calls so long? Because she needed to convince him." Says 1.5 hours of phone calls shows his reluctance to die.

Rayburn: "She needs to be able to say, 'I was his girlfriend. Look at me.'" #MichelleCarter
This is just so messed up. I can't even wrap my head around it. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter