Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Roll into Disneyland Park

Cloning is cheap. Disney is cheap (especially TDO).

And let's face it, at this point in the game attractions don't really have to be that good, because fans will laud any lame ride that has the Disney name on it and a character slapped into it.
I would say the experience DCA had in its first 10 years does not support this statement. At all.

:wizard:

I would say the experience DCA had in its first 10 years does not support this statement. At all.

Have you been to WDW and seen some of the things they have the audacity to call attractions?

(and lots of DLR guests enjoyed it when DCA wasn't much more than an AP lounge :-))

Have you been to WDW and seen some of the things they have the audacity to call attractions?
Yes, there are a few that I think would incur severe ridicule at DLR.

(and lots of DLR guests enjoyed it when DCA wasn't much more than an AP lounge :-))
But not enough for it to avoid being a laughingstock in many people's opinion and pushing Disney to investing $1 billion+ to "fix" it.

Curious, which attractions do you feel are not worthy of being called attractions? Genuinely curious as we have a trip in the works.

Curious, which attractions do you feel are not worthy of being called attractions? Genuinely curious as we have a trip in the works.
Since agreed with the PP, I will list a couple:

Journey Into Imagination With Figment (Epcot) - I think this is nostalgic for some WDW vets but to me it is a pathetic waste of time
Stitches Great Escape (MK) - recently closed

There were a couple others at Epcot also recently closed - I cannot remember the names. One was just a place to get free Coke samples (from flavors around the world, and then a film about conservation).

I think the whole Dinoland at AK is a joke (except for the DINOSAUR ride), but then the Paradise Pier (now Pixar Pier) carnival game area at DCA a similar joke IMO.

Since agreed with the PP, I will list a couple:

Journey Into Imagination With Figment (Epcot) - I think this is nostalgic for some WDW vets but to me it is a pathetic waste of time
Stitches Great Escape (MK) - recently closed

There were a couple others at Epcot also recently closed - I cannot remember the names. One was just a place to get free Coke samples (from flavors around the world, and then a film about conservation).

I think the whole Dinoland at AK is a joke (except for the DINOSAUR ride), but then the Paradise Pier (now Pixar Pier) carnival game area at DCA a similar joke IMO.

I never went on Stitch's Great Escape, but was that the ride that replaced a previous alien-themed ride? I can't remember what it was called, but it was hands down my FAVORITE ride in the whole park and still one of my best ride memories ever. The premise was that you were visiting a laboratory or science center where they were showing off their space travel teleportation technology, but accidentally teleport an alien into the dead center of the viewing area. Then the lights went out and the alien sort of stomped around and drooled on everyone and ate a couple guests. Does anyone remember that? It was closed a couple years later and replaced with a Stitch thing, and I thought that was really sad. Good memories of that ride ;)

I never went on Stitch's Great Escape, but was that the ride that replaced a previous alien-themed ride? I can't remember what it was called, but it was hands down my FAVORITE ride in the whole park and still one of my best ride memories ever. The premise was that you were visiting a laboratory or science center where they were showing off their space travel teleportation technology, but accidentally teleport an alien into the dead center of the viewing area. Then the lights went out and the alien sort of stomped around and drooled on everyone and ate a couple guests. Does anyone remember that? It was closed a couple years later and replaced with a Stitch thing, and I thought that was really sad. Good memories of that ride ;)

It was called ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. On the Boards I usually abreviate it to Alien Encounter lol.

The ride scared me but it was still so much fun. I was actually probably a bit too young to be riding it at the time when I did.

Stitch was a 1 and done ride. I so wish they had brought Alien Encounter back but I feel like these days it would just be too scary for younger ones (and it wasn't intended for young kids at all) whereas Stitch, in the theming area, was more appealing. Generally speaking though on the Boards,at least,Stitch's Great Escape! doesn't have much love lol.

Reactions: EmJ
Most prefer the original version. Can't say I remember it exactly but that's what people seem to prefer.

a film about conservation
Circle of Life which has now been replaced with a new film called Awesome Planet (no opening date yet) that is getting quite a lot of excitement based on the News Round Up thread.

OK, so the Coke thing is definitely not an attraction. Although I didn't have a need to ride Figment again on my one trip to the World, I would consider both that and Stitch to be attractions. Figment is even a "ride." I think both characters, Stitch and Figment, are super cute, but their attractions are not the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter