Mickey's Halloween Party 2012 -- Check In

Sherry E said:
This is a check-in thread for people to announce the dates they are planning to attend the Halloween Party (and announce their costumes, if they plan to wear costumes), for the purpose of possible meets. This is not a 'debate whether or not there should be Gay Days at Disneyland' thread.

For the record, I have also been to Disneyland during Gay Days - though I was not there for Gay Days - and other than crowds increasing a couple of days into my trip, I saw no wild behavior or "cross dressing make out sessions."

Thank you for all the info appreciate it!

This is not a 'debate whether or not there should be Gay Days at Disneyland' thread.

Can it be mentioned that GD is not official or put on BY Disneyland? And that anyone could arrange a children with disabilities day if they wished to? After all, the Goths have organized Bats Day. And there are Homeschoolers days. etc.

That said (or unsaid, if it can't be said), hubby, son, and I are going to the SOLD OUT October 5th Party! Sadly, we are going without my brother in law and his fabulous and sweet and kind and awesome partner. :( They couldn't get out of work for any part of this trip, boo for their workplaces.

Eamon is going to be some form of pirate or perhaps more like the pirate *singers* that roam NOS, and he'll have his face painted at Pirate's League before the party.

Robert and I have NO idea what we'll be or IF we'll be anything. One of us will get our face painted, because we have two appts at PL, LOL. If they were doing the Mermaid, I would arm wrestle Robert for the spot, but alas, no they aren't.

Any ideas?

Just got our tickets for Oct 12th. We're planning on going with my sister and her family (14 total people), hopefully the rest have gotten tickets as well.

I will be going as Dr Doofenshmirtz, my wife is planning on wearing scrubs with Mickey and friends Trick or Treating, the kids (teens) have yet to decide if they are going to dress up at all.

My Mom, DD (4 1/2), DS (2 1/2) will be going to the October 15th ToT party. DD will be Cinderella and DS will be Woody. I am thinking about dressing up as Jessie.

Can it be mentioned that GD is not official or put on BY Disneyland? And that anyone could arrange a children with disabilities day if they wished to? After all, the Goths have organized Bats Day. And there are Homeschoolers days. etc.

That said (or unsaid, if it can't be said), hubby, son, and I are going to the SOLD OUT October 5th Party! Sadly, we are going without my brother in law and his fabulous and sweet and kind and awesome partner. :( They couldn't get out of work for any part of this trip, boo for their workplaces.

Eamon is going to be some form of pirate or perhaps more like the pirate *singers* that roam NOS, and he'll have his face painted at Pirate's League before the party.

Robert and I have NO idea what we'll be or IF we'll be anything. One of us will get our face painted, because we have two appts at PL, LOL. If they were doing the Mermaid, I would arm wrestle Robert for the spot, but alas, no they aren't.

Any ideas?

I love your screen name "Bumpershoot" LOL, only someone from the Puget sound could come up with a name like that, we are just north of you in North Seattle:cool1:. We are going the 2nd, i waited to long and miss out getting tickets for the 5th:(

we got tickets for 30th October. I'm just happy to see all the excited kids dressed up and want to see the parade and fireworks. I just hope that by it being so close to halloween It won't be so packed we feel uncomfortable... but we love Halloween and no one does halloween like the americans.... can I ask some advice on the 31st do the hotels have trick or treat? should I take some english wrapped chocolate and sweets in case?
Dx

Hey all! I don't remember if I've posted on this thread yet or not. I have so many subscribed threads I don't know which I've been on or not. This trip is much more last minute than any of my previous Disney experiences, so I'm in fast info gathering mode!

I just bought our tickets to the Oct 19th party! I have two kids and DH is doing work in the area so he will be in town. I want he and I to dress up for the party, but he is being poo poo. I will bring the kids outfits (Merida and Ninjago Kai) and while DH and I have Darth and Padme outfits from previous years, that was when the kids were Luke and Leia. I don't think I want to repeat it without the kids.

Regardless...our countdown is on and my planning mode is in high gear! Can't wait to see it all work out!

My family and I are planning on going to the Oct 19th party. We are planning on dressing up as super heros!

Lurker here.

My family (4 of party of 14) is going on 19th as pirates. Bro-in-law fam (5 of 14) are going as clowns. Sis-in-law daughter going as rag doll. What a mixed crew. First Halloween visit for most of us - so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Question: if we are pirates, are foam swords considered weapons? They do not have sharp point but am concerned as website says 'looks like a weapon'.

Thanks experts! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We just bought tickets for oct 31st! Kinda of excited to do something ON Halloween. It's been years! I assume this party will sell out and be crowded? We just hope that more people will be dressed up!

3 of us looking forward to our 1st trip to Walt's park. Also our 1st MHP on 26OCT! :dance3:

From this list, it doesn't appear the MHP will be too crowded, however, the hotels are sold out. Guess it's all those non-DISers going that weekend 'eh?

I will be there with DS and DS's GF on the 9th. This will be a surprise for DS's 18th birthday; his GF and I have been planning this quick trip on the sly. :thumbsup2 I don't think we'll be dressed up, but I can't wait to see all the amazing costumes. :cheer2:

We will be at the party on the 31st. This trip has changed so often that I am going a bit crazy throwing it all together now!

Desperately reading through all the info. I have 3 teenagers but at least 2 of them will be dressed up.

This is probably one of our last trips as a family, or at least while DS is home, so I hope we are really able to relax and enjoy it

We are going to the oct. 26th party. It will be me and my ds who is 6. My dh has a convention in the area so he won't be joining us for the party. I'm really excited about our costumes. I just ordered ds a costume that looks like a box of popcorn and I'm going to make myself a popcorn vendor type shirt. I'm excited to have finally thought of something we could be that will go together.

I have a couple of very eager little jedis ready to tear it up on 10/12 at the Halloween party. But in the rush of all things, I somehow forgot to order our family costumes:crazy2: I managed to get the boys their costumes locally, but I cannot for the life of me find locally a couple of adult sized Fedi robes!

Does anyone know if there are adult costume options available in the parks or DTD? Preferably adult Jedi robes...DH doesn't want to go Vader, and me being a bit more poohesqe, would not like 'sexy Leah' as that just doesn't need to be seen. I'd like to keep it in the same SW family, but we might be open to anything. We leave on Wednesday to drive, so I'm looking at overnight shipping, paying a park premium, or :sad1: not dressing at all.

so...where can i get hooked up for a costume?

THANKS!!!

lorieintucson said:
I have a couple of very eager little jedis ready to tear it up on 10/12 at the Halloween party. But in the rush of all things, I somehow forgot to order our family costumes:crazy2: I managed to get the boys their costumes locally, but I cannot for the life of me find locally a couple of adult sized Fedi robes!

Does anyone know if there are adult costume options available in the parks or DTD? Preferably adult Jedi robes...DH doesn't want to go Vader, and me being a bit more poohesqe, would not like 'sexy Leah' as that just doesn't need to be seen. I'd like to keep it in the same SW family, but we might be open to anything. We leave on Wednesday to drive, so I'm looking at overnight shipping, paying a park premium, or :sad1: not dressing at all.

so...where can i get hooked up for a costume?

THANKS!!!

I don't know about the parks, but can you sew? Or know someone who can? If you can do that it would be a simple quick pattern. If you have a Joannes store near you they probably have a pattern.

We are going oct 12. 3 adults, and 3 kids 17 13, and 7. We are going as Dia de Los muertos (day of the dead).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter