Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Wow Craziness!!! My hubby called yesterday around 3pm, he was only on hold for 20 minutes. This is going to be our first Halloween time trip, and 13th annual trip for my family. My son begged us to let him turn 13 at Disneyland :) and now the Halloween party is on his b-day!!!!!

I finally got my tickets but glad I wasn’t the only one with this issue. It kept saying my password was wrong so I even reset it and it was still wrong! Hope you’ve gotten yours as well :)
Same here. I'm a Disney Visa card holder, but can't get in to do anything. I'm going to try calling instead.

SOOOOOOOOO frustrating! I can't get through online and I can't get through by phone! Online, it is saying my password is wrong, which I KNOW it isn't. And the phone is always busy, or if it rings, it then just goes to an annoying high pitched whine.

I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday and was trying on the computer also. I finally got in and I was able to pay with my Chase Disney Visa...No problems. I am also an annual passholder so that is why I could order on line.

I finally got my tickets but glad I wasn’t the only one with this issue. It kept saying my password was wrong so I even reset it and it was still wrong! Hope you’ve gotten yours as well :)

Yes, we got our tickets!:yay: We had to order them by phone. Later, I logged into my online Disney account with the password that I knew was correct (even though earlier it said it wasn't) just to make sure the password worked, and it did.:thumbsup2

So I read somewhere that AP holders can buy 8 tickets for non AP holders. Our family member bought the tickets last night for us and it clearly says AP holder halloween ticket.....That's not going to be a problem for us right? :worried::upsidedow:)

Just got my 4 tickets for Friday 9/21! I was on the phone for 6 minutes. It pays to wait a day for the rush to die down.

So I read somewhere that AP holders can buy 8 tickets for non AP holders. Our family member bought the tickets last night for us and it clearly says AP holder halloween ticket.....That's not going to be a problem for us right? :worried::upsidedow:)
I don't think it will be. They never ask for ID or anything in the past when we have went to enter the park with out MHP ticket.

Was there an announcement about any dining experiences for the party? Specifically the Blue Bayou dinner package?

Last edited:
Hey Disnerds!

So I am considering upgrading my August tickets to AP when I go - part of the appeal was that I could go again and see the parks (Carsland especially!) decorated for Halloween. I don't want to go to a party, just take a trip and see all the awesome decorations.

All of the Disney marketing says Halloween returns 9/7 but it looks like the parties don't start for a couple of weeks after that? When in September/early October are most of the decorations up? How crazy is DCA on Halloween party nights? Since I can't stay in DL I figure the night of the party will be the night I spend in DCA.

Thank you!

That’s awesome! We visit a couple of times a year and always on Halloween! We are also bringing my son in August for his 13th!!!
Wow Craziness!!! My hubby called yesterday around 3pm, he was only on hold for 20 minutes. This is going to be our first Halloween time trip, and 13th annual trip for my family. My son begged us to let him turn 13 at Disneyland :) and now the Halloween party is on his b-day!!!!!

Hey Disnerds!

So I am considering upgrading my August tickets to AP when I go - part of the appeal was that I could go again and see the parks (Carsland especially!) decorated for Halloween. I don't want to go to a party, just take a trip and see all the awesome decorations.

All of the Disney marketing says Halloween returns 9/7 but it looks like the parties don't start for a couple of weeks after that? When in September/early October are most of the decorations up? How crazy is DCA on Halloween party nights? Since I can't stay in DL I figure the night of the party will be the night I spend in DCA.

Thank you!
All of Halloween will be up on 9/7. The parties always start a week or two later.

... How crazy is DCA on Halloween party nights? Since I can't stay in DL I figure the night of the party will be the night I spend in DCA...

DCA can get very crowded on MHP nights since park hopping guests only have that one park to be in. Now that MHP guests can park hop, too, that adds to the fun/crowding. It isn't too bad if you are organized and know what to expect. The decorations in DCA are great (last year was the first year for the decorations there, and Disney did a great job!) and the mood is very festive.

I have started this thread for both MHP and Halloween time. I will try to keep up with what dates sell out.
Purchase regular tickets starting June 12, 2018 or—if you’re an Annual Passholder—reserve yours June 5, 2018.

This popular celebration has a tendency to sell out each year, so be sure to book ahead to secure your ticket(s).

On select nights, Passholders can save even more money over the same-day admission price. Be sure to sign in to your Disney account before purchasing to receive your discount.

Your ticket lets you enjoy both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for up to 3 hours before Mickey’s Halloween Party begins. Once it kicks off, you’ll be treated to 5 hours of shindig shenanigans–including special Halloween-themed attractions, Character Greetings, fireworks, the Headless Horseman Rides Again (pre-parade) and much more.

2018 Dates, Times and Ticket Prices

Dates and Times
Passholder Ticket Price
Regular Ticket Price
Wed, Sept 19, 2018
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $95 $105
Fri, Sept 21, 2018
7:00 PM to midnight $115 $115
Mon, Sept 24, 2018
Wed, Sept 26, 2018
Fri, Sept 28, 2018
Tues, Oct 2, 2018
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $115 $115
Fri, Oct 5, 2018
Tues, Oct 9, 2018
Fri, Oct 12, 2018
Tues, Oct 16, 2018
Fri, Oct 19, 2018
7:00 PM to midnight $130 $130
Tues, Oct 23, 2018
Fri, Oct 26, 2018
7:00 PM to midnight $130 $130
Mon, Oct 29, 2018
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $130 $130
Wed, Oct 31, 2018
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $130 $130

Important Details

• A ticket is required for all Guests 3 and over.
  • Space is limited and tickets are available only while supplies last. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.
  • Tickets are valid for admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party and to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park (subject to Park operating hours) beginning 3 hours prior to the start of the party.
  • Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
  • Event elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, services, activities, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Disney Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice.
  • Only Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event can be downloaded from your Disney account as many times as you want, for 45 days after capture. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass Terms & Conditions.
There Is NO Smoking at Mickey’s Halloween Party

This is a completely non-smoking event, and there will be no designated smoking areas within the park. Exit and reentry is permitted to designated smoking areas in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance.

Please note: parking is not included with admission
I will try to post pictures from last years MHP if I can figure out my password for photobucket

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter