Mickey's Very Merry Holiday WEIGHT LOSS Party! December 2016

Regarding your healthy lifestyle:
Who/what is your support system? Who has your back? Who can you count on to pull you out of a difficult situation when you cannot seem to help yourself? Who keeps reminding you that you are worth it and you can do it and to DREAM BIG?
DH always has my back, even right now when I am driving him crazy with marathon stuff. He keeps me calm and reminds me that I am capable of anything I put my mind too!! He came into my life when I really needed someone to have my back and I will always be grateful that he has stuck by me in the good times and the bad!

This is a hard one!! I think my all time favorite is Elf. So hilarious!!! I haven't watched it this year since I can't seem to find but I am going out this weekend to buy it.

Another one I love to watch is A Muppet Family Christmas. I have been watching it every year for as far back as I can remember. I tried showing it to the kids but they don't seem interested :( We don't really have any traditions associated with movies. I keep them packed away until December 1st so they stay special and put them on when we need some Christmas Spirit. Since we don't have snow or really even cold it helps set the mood.

Hey been lurking, planning on joining the january challenge but I had to reply to this one...:-) We love Elf but it seems we catch parts of it on tv all year and Muppet family xmas is one of our annual watches. Also Peewees christmas special lol. There's actually a ton of guest stars in it (Peewee's xmas) like Charo, Whoopi, Cher, Little Richard, Katie Lang, Grace Jones, the list goes on ;-) I've been away for years--I quit drinking a year and a half ago and just was on sobriety forums a lot, now I've become more involved in AA and not on sober recovery at all so have more time for this one. Also have gained 15 pounds! Quit drinking 1000 extra calories a night but quickly latched onto sugar in any form and my eating habits are terrible. This forum is the only thing that keeps me honest with eating. Merry xmas everyone and looking forward to joining the January challenge. And hey to Pamela my old forum friend.

Who/what is your support system? Who has your back? Who can you count on to pull you out of a difficult situation when you cannot seem to help yourself? Who keeps reminding you that you are worth it and you can do it and to DREAM BIG?

My kids have really been helpful lately ... by helping me stick to the menu plans for dinner. A work friend who I work out with and she can be so good to chat to and has a really logical way of thinking and reminding me I don't have to be all over everything all of the time! And of course you guys. My parents are really involved in my weight loss as such but they are our hugest support system for everything else.

Merry xmas everyone and looking forward to joining the January challenge.

Hi there 50sjayne so glad you popped in to say hi.... I will be your host in January and am looking forward to getting to know you better, in the meantime I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Hi all I have decided to indulge in dinner out with the kids before DS16 starts work at the shops tonight. The shops are over water and I found out last night they are having a laser light show on the water .... now I know that it won't be DL or WDW quality but it sounds like fun and I am feeling like we need a nice time to just enjoy some Christmas magic.

Hey been lurking, planning on joining the january challenge but I had to reply to this one...:-) We love Elf but it seems we catch parts of it on tv all year and Muppet family xmas is one of our annual watches. Also Peewees christmas special lol. There's actually a ton of guest stars in it (Peewee's xmas) like Charo, Whoopi, Cher, Little Richard, Katie Lang, Grace Jones, the list goes on ;-) I've been away for years--I quit drinking a year and a half ago and just was on sobriety forums a lot, now I've become more involved in AA and not on sober recovery at all so have more time for this one. Also have gained 15 pounds! Quit drinking 1000 extra calories a night but quickly latched onto sugar in any form and my eating habits are terrible. This forum is the only thing that keeps me honest with eating. Merry xmas everyone and looking forward to joining the January challenge. And hey to Pamela my old forum friend.

Well hey there friend!! We will be happy to have you join us for January! And glad you've been working on being a healthier you, even when you've been away from us!

Hey all! So many great responses over the past two days! Sorry I haven't had more time for personal replies. As of right now I have a tree that has no lights or decorations, my shopping isn't 100% finished (just realized I am missing a gift for my Dad), my wrapping isn't done (I am still waiting for two packages via UPS and obviously will need to wrap Dad's gift when I buy it, plus I had run out of Christmas cash and had to wait until this month's pay day to buy one more big gift), and I just realized last night that I hadn't planned my Sunday afternoon meal yet. So obviously I hadn't bought anything or prepped anything either! AND with some bad weather coming in, my parents have decided to come today instead of tomorrow.... but I have NO IDEA where they are going to sleep! Usually my Dad sleeps in DS's bed (DS sleeps on a cot in my room), and my Mom sleeps on the trundle bed in DD's room with her.... but with the lice eradication ongoing, none of the beds are ready! I've still been stripping beds every morning as a precaution. I have so much laundry that needs to be put away, you cannot imagine! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, on a positive note, as of last night it appears that DS and I are CLEAN (i.e. lice/nit free)!! We will both be checked again today and again tomorrow.... but feeling encouraged. Tuesday will be the true "all-clear" as that will be 9 days since our last outbreak and treatment. This has been EXHAUSTING!

Okay.... off to post the FUN FRIDAY QOTD, weigh-in for the week (not hoping for much), and start drinking coffee to keep me moving today! My "to-do" list is ready and I have my two kiddos to help.... and if I'm smart and put together a grocery list, I can probably convince my parents to stop on their way here to shop!.....P

Last edited:

@50sjayne Welcome!!! Love the kitty picture! :cat:

@pjlla Wow! What a lead up to Christmas!!! But glad to hear you're getting the house under control :)

Sorry I have been lurking and liking and not commenting. It's been a little crazy as is to be expected. However, today at work is super slow. So that means I am getting to catch up on long lost projects and pop on here for a bit! I have been doing well with treats, but it's the not planned out meals that I think are messing me up. I am up a 1lb this week, and I don't like it! It's been spotty with when we will have time to cook. My mother cooked for us one night and I knew it was heavy (cream based pasta), so I only had a little, but the next day the scale started climbing. I'm sure it's a combination of things -- stress, needing some more sleep, etc, but this week has been funky. I'm going to have to kick it in gear next week to meet my goal!

FUN FRIDAY QOTD for December 23, 2016:

What did YOU ask for as a holiday gift?

The biggest item on my list was the new Disney cats Dooney and Burke bag... sadly my husband is the worst secret keeper and I know he got one, but by the way he was talking, I don't think it's the size I wanted.... I wanted the big one for everyday, and I think he bought the messenger thinking I wanted to just use it at the parks.....but whatever. I will definitely still love it!!!

The other things I wanted were pre-Christmas presents. Disney Christmas Train for the tree and our weekend get away to see the decorations at Disney!

I also asked for a Universal tickets -- Harry Potter freak over here, and STILL haven't gone to the new Diagon Ally part! We go to Orlando enough, we could take a one day break from Disney and still survive LOL But when I mentioned that to DH, he basically laughed in my face.... which is code for that may actually be under the tree and he's really trying to not spoil this one, or I really need to adjust my expectations. :rotfl:

And in the interest of not sounding like a selfish brat-- the things I am most excited about giving this year is an Apple Watch to DH (he's been eyeballing them since they came out, but doesn't want to spend that kind of money on himself -- but meanwhile is getting me the D&B bag *rolls eyes* ... he's crazy haha!), and then all the adults in the family are getting personalized cutting boards with spices and oils and wine I brought back from Italy this year! So excited!!!

Well hey there friend!! We will be happy to have you join us for January! And glad you've been working on being a healthier you, even when you've been away from us!

Hey all! So many great responses over the past two days! Sorry I haven't had more time for personal replies. As of right now I have a tree that has no lights or decorations, my shopping isn't 100% finished (just realized I am missing a gift for my Dad), my wrapping isn't done (I am still waiting for two packages via UPS and obviously will need to wrap Dad's gift when I buy it, plus I had run out of Christmas cash and had to wait until this month's pay day to buy one more big gift), and I just realized last night that I hadn't planned my Sunday afternoon meal yet. So obviously I hadn't bought anything or prepped anything either! AND with some bad weather coming in, my parents have decided to come today instead of tomorrow.... but I have NO IDEA where they are going to sleep! Usually my Dad sleeps in DS's bed (DS sleeps on a cot in my room), and my Mom sleeps on the trundle bed in DD's room with her.... but with the lice eradication ongoing, none of the beds are ready! I've still been stripping beds every morning as a precaution. I have so much laundry that needs to be put away, you cannot imagine! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, on a positive note, as of last night it appears that DS and I are CLEAN (i.e. lice/nit free)!! We will both be checked again today and again tomorrow.... but feeling encouraged. Tuesday will be the true "all-clear" as that will be 9 days since our last outbreak and treatment. This has been EXHAUSTING!

Okay.... off to post the FUN FRIDAY QOTD, weigh-in for the week (not hoping for much), and start drinking coffee to keep me moving today! My "to-do" list is ready and I have my two kiddos to help.... and if I'm smart and put together a grocery list, I can probably convince my parents to stop on their way here to shop!.....P

Yeah wrapped presents last night and was shocked I didn't have much for my Mom! I always hoard gifts for her...so I gave her some new books I was going to let her borrow lol. I will be going out today and pick up last minute stuff for people--Costco always marks stuff down you know, if it ends in a 0 or 7 it's marked down. I'm gonna go grab some more thermal shirts for some guys on my list--they're on a coupon deal and I have to pick up tickets for some science guy for my son and stepdad. Will probably hit our local seasonal holiday market too, but only after I go to the gym! I love going to my gym this time of year--no lessons or classes so it's quiet and you can swim pretty much when you want. We've all done the lice thing--it is horrible on too many levels and will haunt you for awhile--I knew if anyone could beat it it's you though lol. Seems there are a few other cat ladies on the forums :-) I have 23 rescues. The guy in the pic we bottle fed since he was a day old--Mom died. His names Triumph because of this and also because we took him to the vet at 2 weeks because he was stopped up and the vet solved that with a thermometer and proceeded to gift her with 2 weeks of back up lol. So--fans of Conan O'brien we adore his insult comic dog ("for me to poop on") Plus he's a red head lol.

FUN FRIDAY QOTD for December 23, 2016:

View attachment 211432

I always ask for movies, a couple cds, anything that's Disney related. I like getting clothes. Big items were an Apple TV and a universal remote. I'm really big on surprise gifts and going off-list. I love doing that for others because it shows that I know them, care about them, and put thought into the gifts I'm giving them. So I also like receiving surprise gifts

Oh forgot quotd--electric teakettle! Since I quit drinking I went big time tea drinker and my life is being ruled by my Mickey teapot...I got used to the electric ones at meetings and they are really nice. I'm currently securing 3 tickets, a passport and hotel rooms for Adam Ant in Portland, Seattle and Vancouver BC for early february so that's why I didn't ask for anything big ;-)

The 'Will & Grace ' DVD collection, the latest Janet Evanovich book, a car polisher ... then I have bought myself a few things the last couple of weeks. Some new plants and pots, last night I got something I am most excited about .... the boys were looking at a pop culture shop at the plaza and text me a pic of 'Friends' Joey and Pheobe 'Pop Figures' - I hope you all know what I am talking about - Friends is my favourite all time show - I have a pic of the kids and I sitting on the THE couch on the Friends set when we were at Warner Bros in 2014. I have no idea what my parents have gotten me yet .... so that will be a surprise ... its usually something a little practical that I need.

I'm really big on surprise gifts and going off-list

I did this for the kids ... they have some list and some off list. My DS16s face was hilarious last week when I said to him that I had gone rogue and off list for many of his as he had quite a short list and my mum and the twins got him most of that ... it was like panic of what the *%#$ could I have gotten him that he would want that wasn't on the list .... I laughed and said don't worry I know you very well!

Well I enjoyed dinner and the simple laser/water show at the shops last night. The twins and I went to the 9pm session of Rogue One to fill in time waiting for DS16 while he was on his 9-midnight shift. We enjoyed it and DS16 was super mad at us for going without him lol he has already seen it! After he finished work we drove to the best place on the coast to buy seafood to get our very fresh King Prawns for Christmas Day ... it was officially Christmas Eve by that time .... In previous years we have done this in the morning of Christmas Eve and stood in line for 2-3 hours! Midnight is my new plan for seafood lol there was still a line but only a about a 10-15 minute wait! Ok I have to have a shower and a mad dash with my Mum to get the last minute fruit, vegetables and anything else we can think of shop for tomorrows lunch! Have a great Christmas Eve everyone.

My husband's family is HUGE on christmas and exchanging gifts, so it becomes this weird "What do I put on a list that I could hold off on purchasing for myself for a few weeks?" I threw a few items on there for running, some movies, and video games, and it looks like they went for the movies and video games and not my running supplies! Not surprising as the entire "Run 16 half marathons in a year" quest of 2016 baffled them. (You know the usual "You run... for FUN?!" comments.

Work clothes are huge right now! We're going to brave the local outlet mall and hit the Limited's 70% off sale tomorrow because I'd love to buy work pants for $10 and not like... full price. But the running items are hopefully going to come post-christmas with my next paycheck? I really need a third flip belt and another water bottle, especially with Princess Half marathon coming up in two months.

Thursdays question of theach day -- if I get into a funk I need to pull myself out. No one here does that. That is why I love this group. You guys help with this.

Today's question of the day -- from family my husband and I just asked for money. My mom got me a vanity for our bathroom about a year and a half ago when I was redoing the bathroom. All we need to get is the faucets and with that I want to get new ones to match in the tub. We thought that if we got money from everyone we can go pick out what we want and if we have anything left over we will get the kitchen knifes we want.

My husband does not shop for me. A few years ago I bought my own mothers ring for Christmas. I don't mind because I am horrible at it too. This year when I was out shopping for the kids I found a purse I like. It was on sale for $35 so I bought and told him that was my Christmas gift. Today my husband too my son to buy little gifts for everyone because they no longer do it for his grade or higher. My son sent me a message that he wanted to get my husband the pillow that he wanted. All he sent me was it was a sleep number pillow. Had to get clarification on what exactly he wanted. I get "the one you and dad wanted from the commercial". Yep that helped. My husband and I saI'd that maybe back in the summer. So I get more clarification and I think I got the one he wanted. These pillows are way too expensive so it is a gift from all of us. I seriously just spent way too much on a pillow. I had it wrapped at the mall so he didn't see it. I left the bag in the trunk. We went grocery shopping after I got home and he saw the bagame so he knows what he is getting. I at least tried.

I am excited to have sauna come and give the kids chrome book. Yes! I get mine back. Also I was able to snag a hatchimal for my daughter. I only went to one store and asked on Monday and they just got the shipment in. I was so excited because i was trying to get them the nes classic game system. I stopped at game stop every weekend for 3 weeks with no luck so the hatchimal was plan be for her and I thought I was going to have to do to plan c. It is from my husbandside grandmother that I do the shopping for.

We finally got dinner planned for tomorrow. It will be pretty healthy I think. We are having prime rib with broccoli, asparagus, mashed potatoes, rolls and macaroni salad (my in-laws have this at every get together. It is homemade). I am making a chocolate cream pie (I think might go in the trash. It turned out funny. Thick and lumpy), pumpkin pie, blueberry pie and the cookies I made.

I have not been eating great the last few days so I really need to rain it in a little. I did have a good healthy lunch yesterday with my mom and grandfather. By Tuesday I should have it back together.

I don't think I will be back one before christmas so:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

Well it is 10.30pm Christmas Eve here ... my kids have just left a whole heap of food out for Santa and the Reindeers .... So even though they are getting older and likely don't believe anymore they are still holding onto it and the traditions they have grown up with. DS12 designed some shortbread finger cookies and reindeer chocolates into a sleigh being pulled by 2 Reindeer lol. It does feel like a shift in the feel of Christmas in our house never the less as they are aging and DS16 is working ... he worked until 9pm tonight - he was only supposed to work 6pm to 9pm today but he got called in this morning at 11.30am to work through until 9pm! We still did a drive around the neighbourhoods on our way home to see the lights together - but it is definitely missing that little kid excitement and tingle in the house as they anticipate Santa and Christmas Morning.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas spending time with your loved ones. I hope it is a peaceful and enjoyable time however you celebrate this holiday season....

xx your friend from Down Under...

Good morning! Sorry I haven't posted a QOTD for today but I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctors office with my son. He has had some wheezing and coughing since he has been home that we chalked up to allergies but he couldn't sleep last night because he can't take a deep breath. I knew when he agreed to go to urgent care or the ER that he was worse. So here we are. Thankfully I got most of my last minute stuff done yesterday so I felt free to go with him rather than send DH with him. Plus DD graciously offered to do whatever I need to get done while I'm gone. All I really have left to do is to decorate the dining room table for Christmas Eve dinner.

Anyhoooo...I'll be posting a belated holiday weekend QOTD later today.....P

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter