MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We were in the same situation. The resort monorail usually starts at 7am. however last time, there was a problem and it didn't start till like 7:25. we were extremely worried as was everyone else. we did make it on time though, got our bracelets, just a few minutes before they let everyone in.
I've seen reports that mentioned the ferry was operational too on somedays.
But i think the norm is the resort monorail that starts around 7am.

Thanks so much for your response! Not sure if it makes me feel better or worse :earboy2:. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers the monorail is running at 7 and everything goes smoothly!

Did you feel like you were able to accomplish a lot? I wish it was just a little bit longer, but I'm just excited at the chance to ride a few things without major lines.

Thanks so much for your response! Not sure if it makes me feel better or worse :earboy2:. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers the monorail is running at 7 and everything goes smoothly!

Did you feel like you were able to accomplish a lot? I wish it was just a little bit longer, but I'm just excited at the chance to ride a few things without major lines.

i wouldn't worry too much about it.
we do accomplish a lot. 2 adults, 2 kids. our rotation is usually x2 PPF, x1 WTP, then SDMT over and over (last time i think we did 8, could have done more). We don't care much about the expanded new rides that were added to EMM because those are usually very easy to grab a same day FP for.
my main problem with EMM in the new format is the breakfast. Before the quality and location was far more superior than what it is today including the options that were offered. I still can't get over that change that Disney made, and every time i think about it, i get upset. it was perfect before, but now the breakfast is just bad.

With the comments about the issues in getting from the TTC to MK that early, has anyone valet parked at the Contemporary instead?

For those of you who have done this several times, is it still worth it?

I ask because we’ve done this twice, years ago when it began with the buffet breakfast and really enjoyed it.

I noticed the price has increased greatly ($30) and the breakfast has changed to preplated.

With the price now the same as a dessert party, I’m wondering if it’s still worth it? At $59 it was a no brainer, $89 has me wondering....

(

I ask because we’ve done this twice, years ago when it began with the buffet breakfast and really enjoyed it.

I noticed the price has increased greatly ($30) and the breakfast has changed to preplated.

With the price now the same as a dessert party, I’m wondering if it’s still worth it? At $59 it was a no brainer, $89 has me wondering....

(

While I don’t like the new breakfast, I do like the expanded rides - so sort of a mixed bag for us.

I do still find it worth it, but perhaps less so than before (we’ve done it more times that I should admit so my perspective may be skewed).

On some level just being able to clear such a significant chunk of Fantasyland rides with no thought/effort, thereby freeing up the rest of the days FPs and plans still has huge value to me.

While I don’t like the new breakfast, I do like the expanded rides - so sort of a mixed bag for us.

I do still find it worth it, but perhaps less so than before (we’ve done it more times that I should admit so my perspective may be skewed).

On some level just being able to clear such a significant chunk of Fantasyland rides with no thought/effort, thereby freeing up the rest of the days FPs and plans still has huge value to me.

I understand and totally agree.

Just that price increase is hard to digest with a bad breakfast.

I’m probably going to do it since it’s for two of us. I wouldn’t pay it for our whole family. The value isn’t there for us.

Waiting for August dates to be released.

That is the big reason we did it - get a lot of Fantasyland done, hopefully multiple rides on 7DMT, and didn't have to worry about getting FP for 7DMT so could get FPs for other things

as for price, we decided to not get park hoppers this trip, instead we are doing this and saved a bit of money on top of that, so hopefully it works out well for us (basically using this so that we can get more done in MK one day vs needing to spend more than 1 day or parts of multiple days in MK)

(
I think it's worth it to be able to get in essentially all of fantasyland without waits, and then that a meal is included is a nice bonus. The one time we did the expanded EMM we did all of the rides except IASW once, and we did SDMT a few times. We didn't do IASW just because the ride is so long and it would have taken too much of the allotted time. This upcoming trip we're taking our twin 2 yr olds, so it will be great to let them do rides without waiting in line, since that is something they just don't understand yet. We did AS2 last trip with a FP and they loved it and wanted to ride again, and just didn't understand that we couldn't without waiting in a long line.

I hadn't realized the price went up so much!! I booked it without really paying any attention, this is actually the first I've been aware of that. I still plan to do it, and think it's a great event, but man are they raising prices on things. I don't think they're too far away from pricing things out for the majority of people, instead of just a lot of people. Maybe that's what they want, IDK.

There is something to be said about having the ability to walk down an uncrowded Main Street with your family and watch the Magic Kingdom come to life. The cast members outnumber guests and they are very friendly.

It is different kind of excitement than a standard rope drop. No crowds of people rushing and cutting people off to get to 7DMT. You have time to really enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the park on your stroll down Main Street, past the castle to Fantasyland.

It’s more of an experience. A quieter, more gentle way to start your day in the Magic Kingdom with the ability to ride those available rides as many times as you wish, without lines. Plus an okay, all you care to eat and drink breakfast in an uncrowded restaurant with plenty of open seating.

breakfast in an uncrowded restaurant

I wish I could agree with this statement.

I hate to say it, but there were times (9:30’ish) the last two times we did EMM where the line to get breakfast at Cosmic Rays was rather stout.

We saw it whip saw back and forth quite a bit. When we arrived we walked right up to get our plate - but a little bit later, packed.

YMMV obviously.

I hate to say it, but there were times (9:30’ish) the last two times we did EMM where the line to get breakfast at Cosmic Rays was rather stout.

We saw it whip saw back and forth quite a bit. When we arrived we walked right up to get our plate - but a little bit later, packed.

YMMV obviously.
Yikes, we must have lucked into lull periods. We ate twice, once the adults grabbed some yogurt and drinks around 8:30 and then the real sit down meal with the entire gang about 9:45. There were short lines at 9:45, but the dining room wasn’t crowded.

I liked it at Pinocchio Haus better.

YMMV obviously.
IIRC we went to breakfast in the 9:30 range, and had a slightly hard time finding a seat for 4 people, and had to wait in a full line to get our food. Contrast this with the 3 or 4 times we did it at PVH, when we went back at about the same time and did have a nearly empty restaurant with no line for the buffet. IMO the breakfast really went downhill, but it is what it is and if I still want the experience I have to deal with the new breakfast format. At least it feeds us. I liked the older atmosphere and food better, but for the atmosphere that's just my personal taste, I don't find Cosmic ray's to be my style and PVH is.

Eventually enough time will pass that not many people will remember the way it used to be, and those that do won't really be believed anyway. It' will just be chalked up to memory making things better than they were That also applies for WDW as a whole, it's hard for me to believe now how much things have changed (and most not for the better) since my first visit in 1984, and even my first visits as an "adult" in the 1990's. When I really think about it, I should have stopped coming because of how much they have let customer service slide, prices go up, etc, but as things change and time goes on, we just all get used to the new normal. Plus to many people it's the only way they have even known, it is their normal. I assume Disney counts on this happening.

@ninafeliz - I’m not sure why, but I can’t read your last two posts without thinking of that old SNL skit - Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
Nice. Haha, Just who I aim to remind people of! How old am I??!!! I haven’t thought about that in years. In fact, I haven’t watched SNL in years. That’s what 4 kids will do to your late night TV watching. If it isn’t Paw Patrol or Sponge Bob, good luck!

Nice. Haha, Just who I aim to remind people of! How old am I??!!! I haven’t thought about that in years. In fact, I haven’t watched SNL in years. That’s what 4 kids will do to your late night TV watching. If it isn’t Paw Patrol or Sponge Bob, good luck!

They had a good joke about Disney's Fast Pass system recently

Yep - we watched an episode the other day for some reason (recorded of course, way past my bedtime), first time in a long time. I felt old. We had the Grammy’s on the other night. I felt old. This stage of life is hard to figure out.

Yep - we watched an episode the other day for some reason (recorded of course, way past my bedtime), first time in a long time. I felt old. We had the Grammy’s on the other night. I felt old. This stage of life is hard to figure out.

I will say the Adam Driver episode was pretty good - had some solid skits and Adam was really good

I generally just watch the various sketches that I hear good things about on youtube - no idea last time I watched an actual episode of SNL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter