MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This a.m. when I looked at wait times during EMM it showed Small World was open along with the usual 3 as well as the carousel and tea cups. Are these extra rides being open the norm?

This a.m. when I looked at wait times during EMM it showed Small World was open along with the usual 3 as well as the carousel and tea cups. Are these extra rides being open the norm?
I certainly wouldn't know if this is a new addition, but the only time additional rides were open for us doing EMM was when PP was down and they opened IASW.

I have seen them open. One time was when 7DMT was down for a bit, so they opened those as temporary substitutes. Another time they opened randomly a bit into the event (not sure exactly when).

But I have seen neither open as well.... so it seems a bit random TBH.

YMMV. ;:-)

I get to join all you lovely folks in this thread now :) My ADR window opened today so I was able to book September 4th EMM! DD10 and I have never been rope drop people since we consider sleeping in to be one of life's great joys, so being at MK that early is definitely going to be a first lol.

We will be staying at AKL and since I hear their bus system can be hit or miss, I think I will plan on taking an Uber to MK that morning.

I want to book this- does anyone know if I can pay for it with a gift card online, or would I need to call to use a giftcard for payment?

Does this event typically sell out?

No one really has enough data to define “typically” - but it can and does sell out. Said another way, I wouldn’t take any chances if important to you. But they don’t all sell out either.

That’s my non-answer answer for you. :-)

I want to book this- does anyone know if I can pay for it with a gift card online, or would I need to call to use a giftcard for payment?
You have to call to pay with a gift card.

Booked EMM for 9/4! Did it last May and it was awesome. Worth every penny. So excited to do it again :bounce:

Does this event typically sell out?

Because I was curious, as of today around 3:30 EST:
1 spot available on 3/18 EMM
2 on 3/20
0 on 3/25
0 on 4/10
0 on 4/15
0 on 4/24
0 on 4/29
0 on 5/1
0 on 5/8
12+ on 5/13
10 on 5/15
9 on 5/20
12+ on 5/22
0 on 6/10
0 on 6/12
12+ on 6/17 and all other later dates on the schedule (I could only see as far as 8/28 as I wasn't logged in)

So it's not a reservation you need to race for the first possible day, but if you want it to be an option I wouldn't delay too long as it looks like most dates sell out, with a few spots opening up at the last minute as people rethink their plans.

2 on 3/20
0 on 3/25
0 on 4/10
0 on 4/15
0 on 4/24
0 on 4/29
0 on 5/1
0 on 5/8
12+ on 5/13
10 on 5/15
9 on 5/20
12+ on 5/22
0 on 6/10
0 on 6/12
12+ on 6/17 and all other later dates on the schedule (I could only see as far as 8/28 as I wasn't logged in)

So it's not a reservation you need to race for the first possible day, but if you want it to be an option I wouldn't delay too long as it looks like most dates sell out, with a few spots opening up at the last minute as people rethink their plans.

Wow you do your research!!! I am looking at 9/4 and considering its following a holiday weekend I am going to book today. Thank you,

2 on 3/20
0 on 3/25
0 on 4/10
0 on 4/15
0 on 4/24
0 on 4/29
0 on 5/1
0 on 5/8
12+ on 5/13
10 on 5/15
9 on 5/20
12+ on 5/22
0 on 6/10
0 on 6/12

Love seeing data/facts like this. Nice!

Wow you do your research!!! I am looking at 9/4 and considering its following a holiday weekend I am going to book today. Thank you,

I’m looking at 9/4 as well and I’m starting to think I better book it now too. We are going to our first one on 5/13 and I thought about waiting to see if it worked for us before I booked the 9/4, but at least it’s refundable!

I was there. IASW was open because Pooh was down for the first 30 minutes. They opened IASW for the entire time because of that. I did not know Tea Party was open- didn't venture that far- but Carousel was definitely open as well. All 3 times I've done EMM, Carousel was also open. I would not expect IASW to be open unless Pooh/7DMT/PPF are down. No idea on Tea Party.

That being said, it was another great time. Let us in maybe 7:47. I did Peter Pan 2x, 7DMT 2x, pee break 3x (lol), then had breakfast, then did IASW shortly before park open and had a boat to myself, with empty boats both in front and in back of me. I could have done a lot more rides, but I wasn't really feeling doing more this morning. I'd done PPF a couple days before and the ride stopped for several minutes while I was on it, right where Peter and Hook fight. "I've got you now Peter Pan!" times infinity. I was a little traumatized by that, lol. Used to be one of my favorites, but not so much anymore. I just don't think I like coasters as much either- didn't care for BTMRR or 7DMT as much I as did before. I must be getting old! ;)

Breakfast was good, as it was my last EMM in March 2017. It wasn't very good when I first did it in Sept 2016, but it's since vastly improved (and I told a manager CM in March 2017). All in all, still a highly recommended event!

Hello all and thanks for the great advice so far.

I am going (solo) to EMM on 2/25. I'm looking forward to 7DMT and PP especially and also WTP and hoping to do all of those a few times each.

Then I am thinking just before 9 of trying to get over to do Space and coming back to eat about 9:45. Do you think I will get on Space twice in that time? If not, should I put an extra ride in there or just head back to eat? I don't want to waste that rope-drop time but I also don't want to miss breakfast. (Good problems to have.)

Thanks!

Just a reminder to people considering EMM to book as soon as you know your date. Easy to cancel later if your plans change. Our date is May 8 (which I purchased as soon as it became available on the calendar) and it is now sold out. I wouldn't have expected a sell-out on a Tuesday during a "slow" (lol) week at 2 1/2 months in advance.

We are booked for May 8th. I know it is published to end at 10AM, do they start removing the breakfast items right at 10AM. I am just trying to plan on how many rides we can get in at rope drop and still get back in time for breakfast.

We will be there on May 8 as well! I echo all of the posts about booking if you see it. I was initially confused by the website where it said it was non-refundable. There were tickets, but I was waiting to hear back from the grandparents if they wanted to goto EMM with us. When they said yes (2 weeks after I asked), I went to book thinking the same thing as Surgie2, a slow week in May should be fine, but there were no tickets. I have checked every day for last month. About 2 weeks ago, 1 ticket appeared so I grabbed it, then on Tuesday this week, 2 more appeared! I am so relieved. Still holding out for 2 more for the grandparents, but I have them booked in at BOG for 820a, they really just want to be in the park with us to see the kids faces. (someone in another thread said that this should work fine, they can't ride, but can walk around with us...does everyone agree with that opinion?)

Also, I have another transportation question. I wonder if we need a separate EMM transportation thread!!

We are staying at AOA Suites. There will be 6 of us total: myself, wife, 4 yo, 1 yo, 2 grandparents. I am pretty stressed about transport considering other stories here.

1) Has anyone done EMM from AOA? What time should be aim at leaving if taking bus? Where will it take us...MK gate or TTC?

I am fine to take Uber/Lyft/MinnieVan, totally worth the $$ to take the stress out and also arrive easily (this is already a super early morning and Day1 for us).
2) How does Uber/Lyft/MV work with child seats (we would need 2)? 1 grandparent also has a packable ECV and we have a double CitySelect stroller. Are any of these services able to accomodate us? If so will we need 2 vehicles?
3) Do Minnie Vans serve AOA yet, read somewhere that it was coming but not as of last fall.

Thanks to @GADisneyDad14 for all his comments here and pointing me to this thread! I had searched for EMM but not found this sticky for some reason. (And I'm an IT guy...oooops)

Also, I have another transportation question. I wonder if we need a separate EMM transportation thread!!

We are staying at AOA Suites. There will be 6 of us total: myself, wife, 4 yo, 1 yo, 2 grandparents. I am pretty stressed about transport considering other stories here.

1) Has anyone done EMM from AOA? What time should be aim at leaving if taking bus? Where will it take us...MK gate or TTC?

I am fine to take Uber/Lyft/MinnieVan, totally worth the $$ to take the stress out and also arrive easily (this is already a super early morning and Day1 for us).
2) How does Uber/Lyft/MV work with child seats (we would need 2)? 1 grandparent also has a packable ECV and we have a double CitySelect stroller. Are any of these services able to accomodate us? If so will we need 2 vehicles?
3) Do Minnie Vans serve AOA yet, read somewhere that it was coming but not as of last fall.

Thanks to @GADisneyDad14 for all his comments here and pointing me to this thread! I had searched for EMM but not found this sticky for some reason. (And I'm an IT guy...oooops)

I haven’t taken the bus from AOA, but I’ve taken it from a different resort. Disney starts sending buses out at around 6:30. They know they have to get guests to PPO breakfasts. We got to our bus stop around 7, but we were at an MK area resort. You may aim to be there around 6:45. MK buses drop off right at the MK gate.

I’m not sure that a Minnie Van would be able to accommodate you, but you could sure check!

We will be there on May 8 as well! I echo all of the posts about booking if you see it. I was initially confused by the website where it said it was non-refundable. There were tickets, but I was waiting to hear back from the grandparents if they wanted to goto EMM with us. When they said yes (2 weeks after I asked), I went to book thinking the same thing as Surgie2, a slow week in May should be fine, but there were no tickets. I have checked every day for last month. About 2 weeks ago, 1 ticket appeared so I grabbed it, then on Tuesday this week, 2 more appeared! I am so relieved. Still holding out for 2 more for the grandparents, but I have them booked in at BOG for 820a, they really just want to be in the park with us to see the kids faces. (someone in another thread said that this should work fine, they can't ride, but can walk around with us...does everyone agree with that opinion?)

I’m not sure what you mean by “see the kids faces.” You can certainly walk in together (and see their faces as you all walk down Main Street). But, they won’t be able to watch the kids ride anything as they won’t be allowed access to the rides. I’m not sure about “walking around.” They really won’t be able to spend a whole lot of time with you by the time they’re done with their breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter