MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the park hours changed to 8 am openings on the Disney website? I can't get on it at work or I'd check myself.

No, still shows 9am-6pm for 10/14.

It might not necessarily be a park hour change. Could be a ride closure, kitchen refurb, someone is having an early morning special event in MK (example, Gartner is 10/14-10/18)... could be almost anything.

If we see any more reports of calls/other dates where it’s not going to be offered, then I’ll take that to mean it’s park hours related.

Strange stuff going on with these fall dates, that’s for sure.

No, still shows 9am-6pm for 10/14.

It might not necessarily be a park hour change. Could be a ride closure, kitchen refurb, someone is having an early morning special event in MK (example, Gartner is 10/14-10/18)... could be almost anything.

If we see any more reports of calls/other dates where it’s not going to be offered, then I’ll take that to mean it’s park hours related.

Strange stuff going on with these fall dates, that’s for sure.

I have a feeling it could be changing hours to 8 AM openings on those Sundays. I was surprised it was initially offered on Sundays, particularly with the closings now moving to 6 PM on party nights. We now know it is not offered Oct. 14 and I bet Oct. 21 and Oct. 28 are to follow given those aren't bookable on the website. Last year October had 8 am openings on Sundays when park closed even later at 7 Pm. Oct 7 is bookable but there is no party that night on Columbus Day weekend so that is different.

Selfishly I hope MK moves to 8 Am openings on Sundays as we are planning to be there Oct. 21 and would like the early opening, but I feel for people who already had EMM on those days in their plans. We have Oct. 23 booked so hopefully are good to go. I wonder why they didn't initially follow the plan of Tuesday/Thursdays like last year unless it was a complete oversight/error.

Got a call back. She made it sound like it was only the 14th that was being dropped (due to logistics as she put it) and offered to give us the 16th AND a refund. I thought that was very generous but as the OP said we also have MNSSHP that night so I declined. Instead she is giving us 3 additional FPs for the 14th. This is our first Disney trip so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing anyway :-) just thought I would share.

Got a call back. She made it sound like it was only the 14th that was being dropped (due to logistics as she put it) and offered to give us the 16th AND a refund. I thought that was very generous but as the OP said we also have MNSSHP that night so I declined. Instead she is giving us 3 additional FPs for the 14th. This is our first Disney trip so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing anyway :-) just thought I would share.

The three extra FPs will be nice :-)

Just had a call from Disney. EMMs on 21st and 28th of October have indeed been cancelled. Was offered Not So Scary party tickets but opted for 3 fast passes. These are anytime passes that can be used in any park. So, have those for the 21st and 27th (we have to leave around lunch time on the 28th so I asked if I can have fast passes for another day). And I will get my money back. Taking into account that we can now ride Avatar and Slinky with these additional fast passes, I actually think this is not too bad. And we still have EMM on the 23rd.
Still disappointed a bit to be honest...

I'm holding out hope that they open Thursdays for bookings. I wonder if Tuesday EMMs will be slightly over capacity with them offering it to the Sunday people. Realizing that not all Sunday people will be able to make that switch but getting it for free is tempting.

Has anyone heard about Nov 11? Not sure if it is truly sold out or if it will be like these October dates...

Hmm. That’s Veterans Day. I bet they won’t have EMM. Also Election Day? Or the Sunday’s before and after Thanksgiving? I wonder if they are working on adjusting October before moving on to calls for November?

I also got the call today re: 10/14. I already have it booked for 10/16 and already have MNSSHP so... I took the 3 FPs and refund.

Considering that I was on the fence about 1 vs 2 EMMs, I'm quite happy. But sorry for anyone who cannot experience EMM because of this -- it's really a great event.

And on the bright side, they made these changes prior to FP+ booking, which is nice. Would have been a mess otherwise.

11/4, 11/6, 11/11, 11/13, 11/25, and 11/27 are no longer bookable... so I'm guessing those are next to be cancelled.

11/18 and 11/20 are still bookable, oddly enough.

I imagine this will also spell the end of EMM showing up 180 days out...

Hmmm - my notes are not with me but I checked all of the dates this AM and all but one or two dates still had availability in Nov. So that's a very quick change over!

Or people just gobbled up reservations in hopes they are cancelled and get something in exchange. o_O

Sorry that happened but it just gives you a reason to go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter