MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the information you are given by the cast member at Disney Dining they specifically tell you that the Wishes viewing area is a "standing only" area. So most should know this when they book it if they are listening. Having seats would have been so perfect though but I am looking forward to trying it anyway. :)

Does anyone know how if this is limited to a certain number of people, and how many?

DH called to try to make reservations for this on my b'day on July 3 this afternoon, and it was already sold out. :guilty:

July 3rd booked here too! :)

It started tonight.... hopefully there will be review/pics posted soon?!?

Hook's girl is a CM who got to go to one of the soft preview thingies.
Here is what she had to say, from a post over the wwekend

"The view wasn't bad! Now, you are looking at the Castle from an angle instead of straight on, so of course it could be better! I personally did not have any trees or roof in my way. Opinions might vary though, but I really enjoyed the spot for watching the fireworks! Tinkerbell flew right over us and that was fun!

I think that everything is always subject to change, but I'm still stuck on this pistachio creme brule they had! Oh my gosh, I had to go back for seconds! There were also brownies and cookies. I loved the chocolate dippied strawberries! There was also non-chocolate dipped fresh fruit! There was a chocolate cheesecake and a regular cheesecake that was great! There was some sort of mango jello that people seemed to enjoy. I'm sure there was more but I can't seem to remember! I think I went into a sugar coma later that night but it was all good and totally worth it! "

just as a note to all who booked on the first day of reseravations. (june 22nd) I just called to modify my booking time. I had 9:20 but then realized I can see spectro so I wanted 9pm. I called and gave my reservation number but they had my reservation in the system and it was voided out. My credit card payment was never processed on my account. The CM was very confused and went to her supervisor. They were both stumped that I had a reservation number but it was not paid for in the system, the charge did not go through, (even though the CM told me it did) so it automatically voided itself. My CM on Monday had a lot of trouble with the ressie being it was the first one she did. She kept having to refresh her screen and the system kept locking up on her. I checked my credit card online and was NOT charged for it. I was able to re book today with no problems and they couldn't have been nicer about it! I had a first class CM helping me out! :)

By no means am I telling every who booked Monday to flood the Disney Dining with questions about their reservations! But please, when you get a chance, verify that your card was charged. If your card was charged you will be fine.:thumbsup2

Thank goodness, (for once!) I'm a neurotic reservations maker! I would have never thought to follow up on this or remember to check my credit card for the charge. I would have arrived on the last night of my vacation and found no reservation for me! Guess I got lucky! They told me all the kinks were worked out on day one so everyone else should be good to go. :goodvibes

I will be so happy if I can save any of you the heartache of arrive there and finding no ressie. :)

Yay! I just booked for August 21st.... it looks yummy and nice! I tried booking for the 16th (DD's bday and our first MK day, but there was no availability). I did get 9:10 on the 21st though.... I am a little confused about the times though now that I think about it, doesn't the party start at the same time for everyone who is attending that night?

I just booked for Aug 27th.. Confused though to why others are posting times?
she told me 9pm is the start time?

Spectro and then Wishes...

Angela

I just booked for Aug 18th :thumbsup2 and was told it starts at 9 and we need to be there 15-20 min prior. IDK why some people have been given different times for it :confused3

Yes, 9pm is the start time but they will not seat the entire dining room at once so they have staggered the times. Also some will not want to eat dessert and sit for an entire hour before the fireworks so a later time will suit them.

Anyone know if Disney has any intention of extending this offer? Last date: 8/28 -- I arrive 8/30. :rolleyes:

I'll be they do extend it through at least August if they get good feedback from it. Just keep an eye out for it and I'm sure they will! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter