MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'll call back and get it sorted out. I had a bad phone connection so it was hard to understand everything the CM said. I had debated about going to the Dessert thing or Fantasmic and so now I'll just go see Fantasmic.

Dinner buffet doesn't sound as good as dessert buffet.

party extended through Dec. so I gort my red ryder air rifle after all just like Raphie LOL!
thanks Santa
Brandy

The extension isn't official yet and the help people from dining are telling the CMs not to book anything past 10/31 until it's official. The help guy didn't even know why any dates past then were entered yet and commented to the CM that was checking for me that she shouldn't book any party nights because they might decide to not do it then. No dates other than party nights had been put in the system yet.

Mary

I just booked for November 19th. This is a MVMCP date, but that's the party we plan on attending.

There's a whole other thread on the extension beyond 10/31 - same exact thing is happeneing that happened here when they originally extended it beyond 8/31 - many CMs have no idea about it, and the ones that do say it's booked solid through 12/31 (because as we all found out that's how the system codes it if it's not official), a few lucky ones are getting the ressies. So I'll give it a few days to get the kinks worked out & wait til I see it announced here at the top of the page on the DIS - then I'll be going for it!

If it helps, I'll repeat the info the CM gave me when booking mine for September:

MAKE SURE THE CM TAKING THE ADR HAS THE DINING PLAN OPTION UNCHECKED OTHERWISE IT WILL SHOW NO AVAILABILITY.

Enjoy and good luck!

Ended up booking 19th Nov, a night i already have MVMCP tickets for but hey,, i would be queing to get a good spot for Wishes anyway,, hope we dont miss out on anything from the Christmas party., i will make sure we go to the 1st performance of the amphitheater thingy...

Woo hoo,,

$46 though for 2,, plus the $135 for MVMCP

ps just found out some1 booked Sunday the 29th,, i was told this was not happening,,

Hmm,, i will be Very Unhappy if the night i wanted,, My partners birthday by the way is then released,, sat 28th,, he told me Nov & Dec was released on Tuesday and he had all the info infront of him,, all dates released other than sat & sun,, hmm

Called to book the CP package today. Just for the heck I had the CM check on the dessert party, she did a search for the party and she read off something and said "yes, the party has been extended until 1/2". Then she tried to book for a non MVMCP night, but had no availabilty. She didn't seem to have a prior clue and was just reading off a script.

I was on the fence about booking the dessert party along with MVMCP. For a group of 4, I just couldn't justify the extra cost. I was also worried that the dessert party would take away too much time from the MVMCP, so I ended up deciding not to do both. This will be our fist MVMCP so I want to get the most out of it I can. For those who are doing both, would you mind doing a follow-up report so we know how it was? Thanks and have fun!:santa:

I was on the fence about booking the dessert party along with MVMCP. For a group of 4, I just couldn't justify the extra cost. I was also worried that the dessert party would take away too much time from the MVMCP, so I ended up deciding not to do both. This will be our fist MVMCP so I want to get the most out of it I can. For those who are doing both, would you mind doing a follow-up report so we know how it was? Thanks and have fun!:santa:

the way i see it i would probally be in main street about 1 hour to grab a spot so being in an exclusive area eating yummy cakes sounds so much better then we still have 1.5 hours to see party stuff unless theres a late parade,,

the way i see it i would probally be in main street about 1 hour to grab a spot so being in an exclusive area eating yummy cakes sounds so much better then we still have 1.5 hours to see party stuff unless theres a late parade,,

True, but I just couldn't see spending an extra $100 to eat cakes;) We'll have to take our chances and stake out a spot while munching on free cookies and dining plan snacks:santa:

ACK! What to do?!

The only way to do the DP in early December seems to be to go during MVMCP, but it seems like the kind of thing you wouldn't want to do on a party night.

I asked about Dec. 14 b/c there's no MVMCP and the MK has evening Extra Magic Hours, but they don't have the party scheduled for that day....

I'm so torn...
:scared:

OK, new question - has it been established whether you can go to the Wishes DP on a special party night without a party ticket?

You hear all these stories about guests without wristbands being allowed to roam Main Street during the parties and making the paying guests mad.... couldn't they just buy a ticket to the dessert party w/o having an MVMCP ticket? :confused:

OK, new question - has it been established whether you can go to the Wishes DP on a special party night without a party ticket?

You hear all these stories about guests without wristbands being allowed to roam Main Street during the parties and making the paying guests mad.... couldn't they just buy a ticket to the dessert party w/o having an MVMCP ticket? :confused:

When I booked, I initially wanted a night that happened to be a MNSSHP night. They told me I'd need the party ticket to go on that night...

but it would be cool if you could go, wouldn't it?! :laughing:

Yeah, I don't wanna be a scofflaw.... I just though maybe, since I'd paid almost $100 for our group to go to the DP, we'd be able to get in just for the DP. :rolleyes:

No such luck, lurkyloo! You've gotta get the tickets to the party AND the tickets to the party, if you know what I mean! ;)

We were hoping to do this party on Dec. 20th, but I was told (Both times I called ;) ) that it was only running until Dec. 17th or 18th.
I've read conflicting information about it running only on MVMCP nights- and then no, it's on non-party nights, too, but not *every* night.. It's all so confusing!

I called again this morning to ask again if they were offering the Dessert Party on non-MVMCP nights and she told me no. I'm going to keep asking and see if they change their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter