Moana ride to replace the Tiki room?

Totally agree. Honestly, the only time I can recall actually feeling like the face characters were done any justice was with Club Villain. Beyond that, they tend to miss the mark by quite a bit. Some of the recent vlogs I've seen with characters like Star-Lord were just brutal.
Haha...true!

In fairness, the potential
I’m still trying to understand how that and The Secret Life of Pets made so much money. Will say when comparing dvd sales Moana beat both, could’ve just been a movie people were waiting to buy physically instead of at the theater whilst saving their money for rogue one at the time. I know that’s why my sister didn’t see any movies this fall...

Anywho call me crazy but I honestly don’t think Moana has theme park potential. I just don’t see how it can make a major ride for the parks. I can see for water parks, maybe “water park potential” but not in the theme parks, and I’m afraid tacking on an IP on a water slide is way too tacky.

Personal ramble I needed to explain out loud: Ok that actually felt good to get off my chest. Not my opinion but my feelings towards recent IPs getting attractions. Back in 2015 I was really clamoring for an Inside Out ride and then Zootopia came out which has a lot of theme park potential if you ask me, with a d-ticket-ish idea that I actually think sounds awesome. Because those two movies came out so close together I thought people were going to think I just want the latest IP in the park, no I only do if the IP has potential and the two movies I listed actually do. Here’s an example, as much as I loved Coco I don’t think it has theme park potential, and it’s mild box office here in America makes me think a ride isn’t happening (although I say that knowing Coco had a lot of obstacles at the box office coming from the Olaf backlash, bad marketing, the competition around Christmas, and the general attitude in America towards Latin culture. It had legs but it wasn’t a runaway success)
Great post. I do, however, think Coco would make a great overlay to the Mexico ride at EPCOT but I do think it's mild box office in America put the kabosh on that idea.

I think more meet and greet as well - Polynesian, cruise, maybe with Maui at Castaway Cay.. need to add that autograph to the collection :)

They changed the tiki room years ago and it was not great. In fact I hated it. This was corrected by fire. I prefer to refer to it as the "Hand of Walt" I am glad the original back

Well, it's not quite the "original" but it's much closer. The Enchanted Fountain never made it back into the show, but you can still see it at the Disneyland version, though that show is slightly shortened from the original as well.

Disney needs to chill on making any changes like this. Let the movies stand the test of time, then if they remain popular consider a ride. IMHO the Frozen ride is awful, was what I consider a typical cheap overlay. Coco taking over Mexico? Please no! Donald, Panchito and Jose have stood the test of time. Moana? Give me a break, way way way to early to make any changes to a true Disney classic like the Tiki Room, they did it once before and the Tiki Gods took action.

Disney needs to chill on making any changes like this. Let the movies stand the test of time, then if they remain popular consider a ride. IMHO the Frozen ride is awful, was what I consider a typical cheap overlay. Coco taking over Mexico? Please no! Donald, Panchito and Jose have stood the test of time. Moana? Give me a break, way way way to early to make any changes to a true Disney classic like the Tiki Room, they did it once before and the Tiki Gods took action.

The Three Caballeros have actually only been in there since '07, before that there were no characters in the ride. I still miss the music from El Rio del Tiempo.

The Three Caballeros have actually only been in there since '07, before that there were no characters in the ride. I still miss the music from El Rio del Tiempo.
True but the Three Caballeros came out in 1944, it's stood the test of time.

True but the Three Caballeros came out in 1944, it's stood the test of time.

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago when a friend's child was watching Mickey's Roadster Racers on Dis Jr. to see Panchito and Jose show up to get Donald to play with them again. I've never really looked at that show, but it seemed to be steeped in Disney history, like I noticed Clarabelle, Cleo the Fish, and some others. It's great that these characters can live on for a new generation!

They just put that animatronic display into the Three Caballeros attraction, so hopefully that'll stick around a while and not get re-themed. I did love Coco though, but it doesn't need to take over that ride.

I was surprised a couple of weeks ago when a friend's child was watching Mickey's Roadster Racers on Dis Jr. to see Panchito and Jose show up to get Donald to play with them again. I've never really looked at that show, but it seemed to be steeped in Disney history, like I noticed Clarabelle, Cleo the Fish, and some others. It's great that these characters can live on for a new generation!

They just put that animatronic display into the Three Caballeros attraction, so hopefully that'll stick around a while and not get re-themed. I did love Coco though, but it doesn't need to take over that ride.
Disney definitely still uses those older characters. The Three Caballeros are in a new dance party thing at AK too.

The color alone Coco would bring would get me back on the Mexico boat ride. Currently no interest anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!