"mom, really? Disney in December again?" PTR** link to TR last page**

As far as Cape May Cafe goes... I was completely disappointed in the food and atmosphere!!! The food was the worst that I had at any character breakfast and the characters took forever to come around!! Are waitress was terrible... We waited darn near a 1/2 hour for her to come over and take our drink orders, then if we wanted a refill she was no where to be found! When I asked for the check, it took her 20 minutes to come back... Now, I could understand if it was busy in the there to have to wait like that but it wasn't!!! Needless to say Devon was not happy, nor was I, that all the waiting cut into are park time! Who knows, maybe it was just a bad day in there the day we went, but I have heard people complain of similar issues at CMC on other threads!

Eeks that's not good.. well lets all just hope that I get the Le Cellier Candlelight Processional dinner and all will be good:thumbsup2

Ok so this is off topic but I thought I would share with everyone

Last weekend my daughter had her First Communion and we had a great time and I think Eryka looked absolutely beautiful so I thought I would post some pictures

1stCommunion009.jpg

1stCommunion015.jpg

1stCommunion024.jpg

1stCommunion033.jpg

1stCommunion042.jpg

Eeks that's not good.. well lets all just hope that I get the Le Cellier Candlelight Processional dinner and all will be good:thumbsup2

Amen!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

And the communion pics are adorable!!! Devon's is less then 2 weeks away now!

Aww, cute pictures! We were at my cousin's daughter's birthday party yesterday and they were saying how one of my other cousin's kids is making hers next week. Guess it's that time of year!

Amen!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

And the communion pics are adorable!!! Devon's is less then 2 weeks away now!

Oh have fun and post pics on your PTR, it is such a wonderful day!

Aww, cute pictures! We were at my cousin's daughter's birthday party yesterday and they were saying how one of my other cousin's kids is making hers next week. Guess it's that time of year!

Yes it is and we have been waiting all year for it!

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't been around this week but I have been crazy busy at school and today is my LAST DAY!!!!!!!:cool1: now I just have to get a job :rolleyes1

So me and the girls are gonna head to Niagara Falls this weekend with my best friend and her 2 girls. I think I deserve some fun :wizard:

We will be back on Monday night and I will post pics, everyone have a great weekend!

Natalie

Hey everyone

Sorry I haven't been around this week but I have been crazy busy at school and today is my LAST DAY!!!!!!!:cool1: now I just have to get a job :rolleyes1

So me and the girls are gonna head to Niagara Falls this weekend with my best friend and her 2 girls. I think I deserve some fun :wizard:

We will be back on Monday night and I will post pics, everyone have a great weekend!

Natalie

Have a great time!!! You definitely deserve the get away!!! I can't wait for the end of June when I am done grad school!

ok I am back from Niagara Falls and I was a very bad Disser while I was there because I think I only took 10 photos. I decided that I just wanted to have fun and not always have a camera in my hand.

We did have a great time!!!! I took my 2 girls plus my friend Tia (who is due to have a baby anytime now and decided she would go down a waterslide just to freak me out) and her 2 daughters came. We spend 2 days playing in the waterpark and we checked out some other tourist stuff, but Tia is from Niagara Falls so she's not so into that stuff.

Here are a couple pics

This is the kids watching a movie that the hotel plays in their courtyard for the kids, tonight was Happy Feet

IMG_0461.jpg

This is the view from our room

IMG_0467.jpg

this is the kids bunks in the room

IMG_0473.jpg

and this is TIA, hard to believe she is ready to pop a kid out (don't tell her I posted this pic)

IMG_0477.jpg

So that was my weekend away and since I don't have to go to school or write any papers today I am going to try to figure out my park days for the trip........Trip update to come soon

Have a great time!!! You definitely deserve the get away!!! I can't wait for the end of June when I am done grad school!

it is such a great feeling to wake up and not be stressed over grades or papers that are due.

But now I have job interviews to stress over :scared1:

Now that I seem to have all this spare time on my hands I spent the whole day trying to figure out my park days and plans. I said I wasn't gonna plan for this trip but who are we kidding, my OCD has way too much control over my life and would never allow that to happen. So I have planned my park days, but those plans may change before my trip has arrived and if I spend too much time looking at them right now, they may change before the day is over :confused3
Also we have hoppers so if we decide a park is too crowded or we aren't in the mood for that park then we can change last minute if we want.

So I made way over to touring plans this morning to see what parks they thought I should go to on each day, this worked very well for me last year. Well to my surprise when I get there they pretty much told me nothing. I will have low crowds for my dates but all parks will be the best except for nights they think will be MVMCP and on those days avoid MK, which is funny cause MK is usually not very busy those days. Well I guess I'm on my own with no crowd calendar and the parks hours for Dec not released and MVMCP dates not released yet, this schedule is tentative.

Saturday December 4th

I don't have my flights yet so I don't know what time we will get there. Last year we were at the hotel by 1pm. I am hoping for around the same time this year too.
If we arrive early afternoon we will check in at the Poly and head over to MK. We can hit a few rides and have dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus. Now if we are tired we can head back to the Poly and watch wishes from the beach. if we are not tired (we weren't last year) we will watch from MK then head back to the Poly.

Sunday December 5

This will be our Epcot Future World day
Emma wants to eat with Ariel so we will have breakfast at Akershus (were gonna to Cape May but heard some bad reviews and Emma wanted Ariel so I didn't have to decide :thumbsup2 )
we will attempt the stuff I have on my list for future world and if we have time we can hit the boardwalk (but probably not)
I would like to try 1900 Park Fare dinner this night since it will be an early day at Epcot and we have only ever had breakfast there.
This night I would also like to do the sleigh ride at FW. We had this scheduled for our last night last year and because it rained it was canceled. I am hoping if I schedule it early in the trip and it rains they will fit us in later in the week.
Also while we are at FW I heard there is somewhere we can go see all the horses they use in Disney.... Does anyone have any information on this?

Monday December 6

I have this as a MK day
I figured we can have breakfast at Kona and make rope drop (unless there are EMH then we will make that)
Basically the plan for today is to do whatever we can from the list. We will eat when we are hungry where ever we are at the time.

If we get tired we can head back for a nap or a swim and if we are finished early we can see if the Poly is doing the movie that night and we can go watch it.

Tuesday December 7

This is a DHS morning/MVMCP night

Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine (I know I heard it sucks but Emma really wants to eat with Handy Manny:confused3)

The plan for the morning is to ride TSM, fastpass TSM and again fastpass TSM. I also really want to go to Starring Roles and get a piece of grapefruit cake.

for MVMCP, last year we had dinner ressies and Wishes dessert party ressies. This year NO RESSIES. I found we wasted a lot of time plus we were in line for 45 minutes to meet Tink. This year we will only do party stuff and grab counter service when we get hungry. We will hopefully get to see all the stuff we missed last year :eek:

Wednesday December 8

Since we will be at MVMCP the night before this, I thought we might like a later start so will will have breakfast around 10am at O'hana (Eryka's pick for Stitch) and then head over to Epcot for our World Showcase day.

Again will will do stuff off the list and I am hoping for the much Coveted Le Cellier ressie but I want the Candlelight Processional Package. Yes I am Canadian and I want to eat at Le Cellier but I have never had cheddar cheese soup and I have never even heard of it :confused3

We also want to see Illuminations this night since I have never seen it.

Thursday December 9

AK day.

I have designated a whole day at AK since there are a few things we haven't done
Breakfast at Tusker House and hit the list!!!

If we finish up early we will head over to DTD and grab food at Earl of Sandwich and do some shopping.
Watch Wishes from the Poly if we are back in time.

Friday December 10

Our last full day at Disney.

Kona for breakfast
MK for the morning (whatever the kids want to ride or see)

DHS for the afternoon and evening.
Pizza planet for an early dinner (so the kids can play)
Osbourne lights
F!

Saturday December 11

We will be leaving this day but I don't know what time till I book the flight, it would be nice to get a late flight out

So far I guess we will eat a Captain Cooks and pack up

If I get a late flight then maybe we can hit a park that the kids want.

That's the plans so far, but like I said these can change at any time

Looks like we will boh be at MK on the 6th! We are planning on eating at 'Ohana that morning! :goodvibes

oh too bad that's not our Ohana day :sad2:.. but plans always change and we will both be at MK. I don't have any other meals planned that day, maybe we will meet up

I can't wait till Dec hours are released so I can get EMH and F! schedule

Argh.... going by the Allears newsletter MVMCP on Dec 7th has no advance purchase discount. Does that mean it will be busy that night?

I am wondering if I should switch Sun Dec 5 and Tues Dec 7

I knew my plans would change :mad:

Hi! I found your PTR from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR! :goodvibes

I read through what you have so far & wrote a list so I wouldn't forget anything! LOL

1) Could you please tell me how to make a Table of Contents? I know there's a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to do it, but I lost the thread & can't find it again. If you could explain it, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to figure it out for months! (you can PM me the instructions if its too much to write here!)

2) Yepperz -- Old Town still exists!!! I went way back in 1994 or 95 and loved it! I was planning to go there this trip, but we decided not to get a rental car & just use Disney transportation. Its so much more relaxing to let someone else drive you around! Here's the website for Old Town if you want to look at it http://www.old-town.com/

3) My 1st trip was 1987, 2nd was 1998, 3rd was 2009...just thought it was funny that we had similar trip years! :)

4) Any CBR suggestions/advice? Its our first time staying there.

5) Good Luck job searching!!! :goodvibes

6) I love Eryka's communion dress...it was beautiful! I also liked how cute it was that Emma's dress matched her doll's dress!

7) I've never had a Dole Whip either...I thought I was the only one! I definitely will get one this trip!

8) AK -- Go on Kilimanjaro Safari FIRST before Rafiki's Planet Watch or the petting zoo...we made the mistake last trip of just wondering around the park. We went to Dinoland first to make a bathroom run, then wondered around Asia. We finally made it to Rafiki's Planet Watch & went on the train, to the petting zoo, etc. By the time we made it back, like 2 hours later, the FastPass for KS was 5-6pm (and the park was closing that night at 6pm). We had plans for that evening so we couldn't do the FP and the wait time was 120 minutes! So we didn't get to go on the safari! I had family who went in September & they went on the safari 4 times in one day!!! I was sooo jealous! So I just like to pass along my experience so no one else misses out!

9) Thats great that you are going to Akershus to see Ariel. Since they closed Ariel's Grotto, I'm pretty sure thats the only place you can see her & maybe at one other Character Meal. I'm glad Emma will be able to see her!

10) We are going to Hollywood & Vine just to see Handy Manny too! lol He's been my son's favorite character since he was probably 6 months old, so we HAVE to see Manny this trip! I was so glad to hear he was added to the characters at H&V. My mom tells me that JoJo was my favorite character as a child, so its kinda sad to see her leave the meal...but its ok as long as we can see Manny! ha ha!

11) Illuminations is absolutely beautiful! I think its my favorite fireworks show. Although I have never seen Wishes, so I'm looking forward to that as well!

Please visit my PTR whenever you have time as well. Right now, our dates are December 1-10th but thats subject to change! lol Originally the dates were November 29th through December 8th...so as you can see, I've already changed it once!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!! Holiday trip planning is fun! :santa:

Hi! I found your PTR from DevonsDisneyMom's PTR! :goodvibes

I read through what you have so far & wrote a list so I wouldn't forget anything! LOL

1) Could you please tell me how to make a Table of Contents? I know there's a thread on here somewhere that shows you how to do it, but I lost the thread & can't find it again. If you could explain it, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to figure it out for months! (you can PM me the instructions if its too much to write here!)

2) Yepperz -- Old Town still exists!!! I went way back in 1994 or 95 and loved it! I was planning to go there this trip, but we decided not to get a rental car & just use Disney transportation. Its so much more relaxing to let someone else drive you around! Here's the website for Old Town if you want to look at it http://www.old-town.com/

3) My 1st trip was 1987, 2nd was 1998, 3rd was 2009...just thought it was funny that we had similar trip years! :)

4) Any CBR suggestions/advice? Its our first time staying there.

5) Good Luck job searching!!! :goodvibes

6) I love Eryka's communion dress...it was beautiful! I also liked how cute it was that Emma's dress matched her doll's dress!

7) I've never had a Dole Whip either...I thought I was the only one! I definitely will get one this trip!

8) AK -- Go on Kilimanjaro Safari FIRST before Rafiki's Planet Watch or the petting zoo...we made the mistake last trip of just wondering around the park. We went to Dinoland first to make a bathroom run, then wondered around Asia. We finally made it to Rafiki's Planet Watch & went on the train, to the petting zoo, etc. By the time we made it back, like 2 hours later, the FastPass for KS was 5-6pm (and the park was closing that night at 6pm). We had plans for that evening so we couldn't do the FP and the wait time was 120 minutes! So we didn't get to go on the safari! I had family who went in September & they went on the safari 4 times in one day!!! I was sooo jealous! So I just like to pass along my experience so no one else misses out!

9) Thats great that you are going to Akershus to see Ariel. Since they closed Ariel's Grotto, I'm pretty sure thats the only place you can see her & maybe at one other Character Meal. I'm glad Emma will be able to see her!

10) We are going to Hollywood & Vine just to see Handy Manny too! lol He's been my son's favorite character since he was probably 6 months old, so we HAVE to see Manny this trip! I was so glad to hear he was added to the characters at H&V. My mom tells me that JoJo was my favorite character as a child, so its kinda sad to see her leave the meal...but its ok as long as we can see Manny! ha ha!

11) Illuminations is absolutely beautiful! I think its my favorite fireworks show. Although I have never seen Wishes, so I'm looking forward to that as well!

Please visit my PTR whenever you have time as well. Right now, our dates are December 1-10th but thats subject to change! lol Originally the dates were November 29th through December 8th...so as you can see, I've already changed it once!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!!! Holiday trip planning is fun! :santa:

:welcome:

1 – ToC,
Click on the post # in the top right corner of the post and it will take you to that post only, highlight the web link and copy it
write whatever the title you want is in your ToC, example my Niagara Falls one
Highlight the words and click on the little globe at the top
A box will appear and paste in the link from the single post
Click ok and it’s done
2 – thanks for the Old Town website, brings back memories
3 – that is really cool!!!
4 – unfortunately I don’t remember a lot from CBR other than it was really pretty (I got food poisoning from the Kennedy Space Centre and was pretty sick for a couple days):sick:
5 – Thanks, I had an interview today that I think went well!
6 – She picked out her dress all by herself and it suited her. Even our priest thought it was cute that Emma and “Jenny” had matching dresses
7 – Dole whip is at the top of the list, especially since we are staying at the Poly
8 – I can’t believe I haven’t been on the safari. :scared: At least I don’t have to worry about EE since the girls won’t want to ride it
9 – Ariel is Emma’s fav princess :wizard:
10 – I love Handy Manny, he is so much better than that Bob the Builder guy
11 – I can’t wait to finally see Illuminations. Wishes is wonderful and make sure you see Holiday Wishes too
I will check out your PTR for sure (especially since I am done school and don’t have a job yet)
Thanks for joining in!!!!

Made a couple changes

On Mon Dec 6 I changed our breakfast at Kona to Gasparilla Grill @ GF. Eryka only like pancakes not waffles or french toast and they have pancakes on their menu so I thought we should check it out.

Also thanks to photographymom517 I have found out there is a scrapbook store at DTD :banana::banana::banana: I think I walked past it last year cause I was in that area but i didn't notice it. Now I am excited to shop there but not get my CC bill after :scared1:

Here are some of my scrapbook pages from our Dec 09 trip, and since I have some time on my hands I'm gonna try to get a start on the next Disney scrapbook for next year so I will have a start when I get home

scrapbooking007.jpg

scrapbooking008.jpg

scrapbooking013.jpg

scrapbooking014.jpg

scrapbooking015.jpg

scrapbooking016.jpg

scrapbooking019.jpg

scrapbooking020.jpg

scrapbooking021.jpg

scrapbooking022.jpg

scrapbooking023.jpg

scrapbooking024.jpg

So I am thinking for the candlelight processional package I might just go for lunch at Le Cellier and the early show. I hear this one is easier to get and less crowded. Then the kids will be hungry around Illuminations time and I can grab some snacks before we get our spot then they won't feel like they are waiting if they are eating.

My schedule so far (could change any minute)

DisneySchedule.jpg

Hi we are going Dec 1-8, so we have some over lap, we are staying at the BC. Love the way you spell your daughter's name, you can tell her that people mispernounce the traditional spelling also:).

I have heard that Monday is really busy at MK, but a great DHS day and that the 7th will probably be busy with the Pop Warner kids...just some info I have found that might help you.

Pocahontas and her forest friends show isn't playing anymore, she is at Conservation Station, you have to ride the little train to get there, she is one of my daughter's favs along with Ariel:)

What time was your ressie last year on your MVMCP night? I keep going back and forth if I want to do CRT at around 5 that night to make the night extra special or do it our first full day for dinner and then do CS for the party.

Can you post a link to your 2009 Dec trip, I'm not seeing a link in your signiture.

Thanks,
Erika

Hi we are going Dec 1-8, so we have some over lap, we are staying at the BC. Love the way you spell your daughter's name, you can tell her that people mispernounce the traditional spelling also:).

I have heard that Monday is really busy at MK, but a great DHS day and that the 7th will probably be busy with the Pop Warner kids...just some info I have found that might help you.

Pocahontas and her forest friends show isn't playing anymore, she is at Conservation Station, you have to ride the little train to get there, she is one of my daughter's favs along with Ariel:)

What time was your ressie last year on your MVMCP night? I keep going back and forth if I want to do CRT at around 5 that night to make the night extra special or do it our first full day for dinner and then do CS for the party.

Can you post a link to your 2009 Dec trip, I'm not seeing a link in your signiture.

Thanks,
Erika

I really want to stay at the BC, but since I am trying to talk my mom into coming I am staying at the Poly. Next year I AM staying at the BC though:love:

I read on the boards that the Tuesday might be a PW night at MVMCP. I am really going to try to play with my plans this week and move MVMCP to the Sunday

Thanks for the info on the Pocahontas show, I guess I will take that off my list:sad2:

Our ressie last year was at 4:15 at Liberty Tree and we got out of there after 5:30.We hit Tink at the start of the party and were there over 45 min and then we had Dessert party ressies so we were there till well after Wishes. So other than the Castle lighting, we didn't really do anything "party" till after wishes and then Emma fell asleep.
If you had the CRT ressie before 5PM it wouldn't be so bad because you would be done before the actual start of the party, I just went a little overboard with planning last year and wanted to fit in everything.

I separated the TR and PTR link in my signature, they were side by side so they looked the same. It's the Girls Only Trip Report

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask anything, even if it's about the previous trip:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter