"mom, really? Disney in December again?" PTR** link to TR last page**

Tinkermom76

Gawrsh
Hey everyone....

This is my very first PTR!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I finished my first TR not too long ago and since we have set plans for our next trip I thought I would start a PTR and hopefully get a few followers to come along for the planning ride.

Who we are...

I am Natalie, college student and single mommy of 3!

DisneyDay2120.jpg

my middle child and Drama Queen ( you would swear she is a teenager already, but nope she's 8) Eryka ("mom why did you spell my name that way? no one spells it right, everyone pronounces it wrong and I hate it" "Hunny, it's all your dads fault :rolleyes1" )

DisneyDay5064.jpg

the baby of the family (and the child who is exactly like me that my mom always wished I would have and now she regrets that wish since she lives with us :rotfl2: ) Emma

Image0116.jpg

That is our travel group... so far

I know you are thinking I said mom of 3 right?

I have a son who is 16 and says that he hates Disney :scared1: I know right.. how could anyone hate Disney???? I DON'T understand. He went to Cuba on Spring Break with my single 40 year old brother (I know bad idea) so here is a pic of him even though he won't be joining us

Argos124.jpg

and last but not least is my mom, Rita, who has been very supportive of me going back to college in my 30's and has helped me more than I can tell any of you for the last 3 years.

I have asked her to come with us but she hasn't decided if she wants to yet

1stCommunion017.jpg

Ok now that you have met the gang... some trip details.

We are going to WDW December 4 - 11 2010 (and yes I know it's Pop Warner week)

We will be staying at the Polynesian thanks to a very wonderful 40% off pin I received:cool1:

we will have 8 day park hoppers since we are staying on the monorail and on our last trip the girls didn't nap once (but I did!!!!) so they can handle hopping.

I haven't decided on what parks on what days, what ADR's to make or anything else yet, I haven't even booked air yet. I don't know if we are going to fly out of Toronto or Buffalo yet.

So I hope I get a few followers to hang out and help me make any decisions I have trouble with and even offer some hints and tips I could use.

Oh and if you want to check out my TR from Dec 09 there is a link in my siggie

Natalie

I'm here... I will be there Nov 28th to Dec 7th at WL with my hubby, we are leaving the kids at home...

Can't wait to hear more!!

I'm here... I will be there Nov 28th to Dec 7th at WL with my hubby, we are leaving the kids at home...

Can't wait to hear more!!

I an jealous.. I would love to go without the kids. Me and some of my friends are trying to plan a trip, girls only.

That is the same week we went last year, great week!

:welcome:

OK I'm gonna start with some background on our previous trips:

My first trip to Disney was in 1989 when I was 13 with my mom. We stayed in Kissimee near old town (I don't even know if that is still there) I can't remember much about Disney for this trip cause I think we only spent a couple of hours a day in the parks. I do remember that my mom wouldn't let me go to a waterpark so I was mad, typical teenager.

Fast forward 10 years to 1999. This was my first trip as a mom. My son was 5 and this time we stayed at the CBR. This trip was great, no ADR's were needed so we ate at I believe it was Crystal Palace but not Pooh and friends, it was Minnie and Pluto and I can't remember who else. This trip we also visited Kennedy Space Centre and I got food poisoning and spent the next 2 days on the floor of the bathroom :sick: CBR was a great hotel and I remember we stayed in building 51 because that was our street address at the time.

Now to Feb, 2008. My son is turning 14, Eryka is turning 6 and Emma is 3. I think it's time to take them again. This time it's me, the kids, my brother and my mom going. I found an ad for the Nick Hotel and they had nice size suites, so I go see the TA and tell her that's where we wanna stay. We leave Toronto on Feb 24 (Ty's b-day) and Eryka is not feeling well :scared1: We get to the airport at 4am for a 6am flight (what was I thinking :rolleyes1) and poor Eryka loses her breakfast on the curb outside the airport :sick: We make it through the flight ok and everyone sleeps when we get to our hotel (what a waste I will never fly that early again) In the afternoon I make the girls get up to go for a swim ( I know I'm mean, even meaner here's a pic :lmao:)

FloridaDay1010.jpg

Now this trip I booked through a TA and at that time I had never heard of the Dis :scared1: so we stayed off site, had no ADR's and no plan. We had a good time and even got to ride Barnstormer with Donald and Pluto

DisneyPhotoImage84.jpg

All in all it was a good trip

FloridaDay3030.jpg

Then on the way home my poor Tyler got sick and the plane ride didn't help :sick: Worst plane ride ever

Now on to our Dec 2009 trip. After our 2008 trip I came home and found the disney site, then the moms panel which led me to the Dis!!! :thanks:pixiedust:

when I started reading the Dis I figured out that although we had a good time, we really didn't do much. Now I was determined to go again!!! I read the Dis and the moms panel every day and started making lists and worksheets :scared1: now no one wanted to come on this trip but me and the girls so I said fine by me and I called up Disney and booked the CR Garden Wing for the first week of December. We got the free dining and I made all our ressies (mostly character meals so we wouldn't have to wait in lines :thumbsup2)

Now if you want details on what we did on this trip the link to my TR is in my siggie but lets just say we had a great time and fell in love with Disney at Christmas:love:

When we got home Disney was nice enough to send me a 40% off PIN and since I fell in love with the Poly while we were there I thought what the heck and I booked Dec 4-11 Garden view.:woohoo:

This brings us up to date and next I will post what I know so far for this trip (which isn't much)

Here are a couple pics from Dec 09 trip

Image0059.jpg

Image0177-2.jpg

DisneyDay6151.jpg

DisneyDay1129.jpg

Hi Natalie!!! I'm subbing in!!! I followed you over from oregonmommyof2 PTR!!! We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 3rd to Dec 11th! I so love Disney at Christmas time! I am so excited for this trip and can't wait for it to get here! Looking forward to following along! :goodvibes

Hi Natalie!!! I'm subbing in!!! I followed you over from oregonmommyof2 PTR!!! We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 3rd to Dec 11th! I so love Disney at Christmas time! I am so excited for this trip and can't wait for it to get here! Looking forward to following along! :goodvibes

:welcome: I'm gonna hop on over to your PTR, this is like a game of follow the leader :rotfl2:

Glad to have you here!!!

We will be there Dec 5 - 12 staying at AKL! I'd love to pass by these next several months waiting and planning with my fellow Dis-ers! =)

:welcome: it's nice that so many of us are going at the same time and so many PTR's to hang out on

Thanks for following along!!!!

I saw your post on another thread and decided to come on over. Your trip sounds fun. I always get jealous when I see people are staying at the Poly because we used to stay there all the time.

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining :cheer2:

I fell in love with the Poly last trip and since I am very seiously considering DVC I figured I better stay there now.

We really want my mom to come since Hawaii is the favourite trip she took ever and I think she would love the Poly. I told her she needs to tell me before June 7 so I can include her in our dining ressies

Ok let's talk about my vacation!!!!:dance3::yay::cheer2:

First of all the Poly. I personally would love to stay at the Beach Club but I am thinking about buying DVC so I can stay at the BC on points another time. Also I would really like my mom to come on this trip and she really loves Hawaii so I thought it would help convince her, no luck so far.

Dining plan. we had the dining plan last trip and it was almost too much food, but I was also a newbie on the DP and I really wasn't sure how to use it. I came home with 22 Mickey rice crispy treats:confused3

8 day park hoppers. last trip we didn't have hoppers but we did realize how easy it was to get to MK or Epcot in the evening for fireworks so I decided this time to add it since we are staying on the monorail again.

Now my plan for this trip was ..........not to plan:scared1:
That was a nice dream for a few days. After my OCD came back I realized that was not gonna happen:rotfl2:
I was gonna go with the flow for whatever park was a low crowd on touringplans and only make ADR's for restaurants in resorts that way we were not tied to a park on any day :lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

so I started tring to pick ADR's and I realized there are places that I want o eat that I haven't eaten at yet, so here are the places I want so far (this may change at any time)

Ohana Breakfast - new
Spirit of Aloha (Tues-Sat) - if mom comes
Chef Mickey's @ Contemporary Dinner - repeat
1900 Park Fare at GF Dinner - breakfast last trip
Cape May Cafe Breakfast - new
Le Cellier Candlelight Processional Dinner package - new both
Kona Cafe (B) - new
Tusker House (B) - new

thats the wants so far but I dont have days I want them for (help my OCD is hurting)

ok and as for the parks

AK - 1 day
Epcot - 2 days one for FW and one for WS (we did 1 day last trip)
DHS - 1 day
MVMCP - 1 day
MK - 3 days

and then I have the list of stuff that we have to try because we have never done it... everyone ready to gasp? there are lots of things we haven't done yet

Magic Kingdom
• Jungle cruise
• Raft to Tom Sawyer Island
• Casey’s Corner lunch
• Pirates league
• Aloha Isle Dole Whip
• Liberty Square Riverboat
• Story time with Belle
• Astro orbiter
• Buzz space ranger spin
MVMCP
• Early parade - late one last time
• Celebrate the season show
• Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show
• Cosmic Ray’s dance party - Ariel's Grotto dance party last time
• Cookies and hot chocolate
• Belle and Beast
• Princes @ princess meet
DTD
• Magic masters store
• Play with lego
• Once upon a toy (potato head parts)
• $10 and under store Mickey’s Mart
Animal Kingdom
• Kilimanjaro Safari
• Nemo show
• Parade
• Pocahontas and her forest friends show
• Rafiki’s Planet Watch
• Maharajah Trail - have done this one before
• Pangani Trail
Epcot
Future World
• If hot – Ellen’s energy adventure
• Electric umbrella lunch
• Soarin
• Living with the land
• Circle of life show
World Showcase
• Le Cellier (candlelight processional)
• France – Cosmopolitan Slushie (or Grey Goose Slushie)
• Norway – school bread
• Illuminations
• Kid Passport
• Kim Possible
DHS
• Parade
• Starring roles café – grapefruit cake
• Playhouse Disney live on stage
• Beauty and the Beast live on stage
• Magic of Disney Animation
• Honey I Shrunk the kids play area

So that's all I really have so far, now I have to figure out what day I want to do AK and Epcot so I can make those ressies when its time but I don't think the others matter much, especially the ones at the Poly

First off, I totally forgot to tell you yesterday, the kiddos are too cute!

Sounds like you got yourself a plan! Good dining choices too! Are you planning on eating at Cape May Cafe for Breakfast or dinner? We ate there in Sept for breakfast for the first time and I was so so so disappointed! :headache:

and then I have the list of stuff that we have to try because we have never done it... everyone ready to gasp? there are lots of things we haven't done yet
:scared1: LOL, You're going to have such an awesome trip! There are lots of wonderful things to do see on your list! We plan on trying Le Cellier for the first time too (I hope we can both get an ADR!!!! :scared:) So you've already done MVMCP?

We ate there in Sept for breakfast for the first time and I was so so so disappointed! :headache:
What happened? I've never gone but I almost did last trip

First off, I totally forgot to tell you yesterday, the kiddos are too cute!

Sounds like you got yourself a plan! Good dining choices too! Are you planning on eating at Cape May Cafe for Breakfast or dinner? We ate there in Sept for breakfast for the first time and I was so so so disappointed! :headache:

Thanks!!!! I kinda think they are cute too.. but don't tell them that because they will totally use it to their advantage :scared:

I was gonna try the Cape May breakfast, although I really wasn't sure. It's kinda a back up for an Epcot day if I can't get Le Cellier. The characters looked fun. Were you disappointed in the food or the atmosphere?

:scared1: LOL, You're going to have such an awesome trip! There are lots of wonderful things to do see on your list! We plan on trying Le Cellier for the first time too (I hope we can both get an ADR!!!! :scared:) So you've already done MVMCP

Yes, we did MVMCP last year and we had fun!!! Although this year I will not stand in line for 45 minutes of it to see the fairies and I won't do the dessert party during it either. This year it will be all party stuff.

:scared1: LOL, You're going to have such an awesome trip! There are lots of wonderful things to do see on your list! We plan on trying Le Cellier for the first time too (I hope we can both get an ADR!!!! :scared:) So you've already done MVMCP?

What happened? I've never gone but I almost did last trip

Thanks!!!! I kinda think they are cute too.. but don't tell them that because they will totally use it to their advantage :scared:

I was gonna try the Cape May breakfast, although I really wasn't sure. It's kinda a back up for an Epcot day if I can't get Le Cellier. The characters looked fun. Were you disappointed in the food or the atmosphere?

Yes, we did MVMCP last year and we had fun!!! Although this year I will not stand in line for 45 minutes of it to see the fairies and I won't do the dessert party during it either. This year it will be all party stuff.

As far as Cape May Cafe goes... I was completely disappointed in the food and atmosphere!!! The food was the worst that I had at any character breakfast and the characters took forever to come around!! Are waitress was terrible... We waited darn near a 1/2 hour for her to come over and take our drink orders, then if we wanted a refill she was no where to be found! When I asked for the check, it took her 20 minutes to come back... Now, I could understand if it was busy in the there to have to wait like that but it wasn't!!! Needless to say Devon was not happy, nor was I, that all the waiting cut into are park time! Who knows, maybe it was just a bad day in there the day we went, but I have heard people complain of similar issues at CMC on other threads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter