Monsieur Paul

GoonieBride

Lady Swan
My MIL booked a reservation at monsieur paul. Anything I need to know? I am completely unfamiliar with this place.

@GoonieBride if this is for you and your significant other only and you are seeking a romantic spot with excellent food and genuine French waiters, this place is for you.
Pros: Excellent food, and really true to French cuisine (been there), Adults oriented (in several visits seen very few kids there), waiters who are more than willing to talk about their "region" (all our waiters have been from France, over to Disney to work over a break), superb wine list and full bar (with some very high end Cognac and Scotch) and (in our opinion) a romantic feel
Cons: Dinner will take a while. It is very relaxed service to give you time to enjoy your meal, all in all the European dinner style. For some, price is a con. Though we have seen fewer kids, it can still be a little noisy due to it's layout.

Hope this helps. Please do post your experience too. 100% agree with @JZCubed

We had a lovely meal at a window table overlooking the showcase lagoon. We had the the grilled beef tenderloin, followed by the chocolate almond cake, both of which were very enjoyable. We had a lovely server, and would definitely return. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Ooh, we are booked here in December. With Kids.
I have lived in France, so I am pleased to hear about it's authenticity. The menu looks lovely.
I have not eaten there before, so am following with interest.
Wait service in France is somewhat different to USA, so I will wait and see which it is most like.

We wife and I ate there in October and loved it! Quieter atmosphere than chefs de France. Awesome menu. I would disagree about snobby service, at least with our visit. We had everything we needed, they never interfered with our meal or conversation. It's not cheap, but was worth the money IMHO. Will we go back? Absolutely!

booked a reservation at monsieur paul. Anything I need to know?

Our Ratings of Monsieur Paul: (*rev 12/03/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Maine Lobster w/Mushrooms
. . . entree:.. Roasted Duck Breast
. . . dessert:. Puff Pastry with Lemon Cream
NOTE1: This is the revamped Bistro de Paris upstairs at Epcot-France. It was changed to allow use of DDP credits instead of Out-Of-Pocket payment. They should have left it alone. A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT lurks for anyone expecting upscale dining and upscale quality. The atmosphere is good, not great, but the service and food were not up to Signature levels. The chicken was rubbery, the soup was pasty, and the meat bland. The amuse bouche was good, but that (by its very name) is one-bite, and one bite is not enough to make the whole meal to be rated well. If you haven't gotten a hint yet, a place to avoid. What a pity; good eatery dumbed-down to accommodate the Disney Dining Plan. Bistro was pretty good, Paul's is a major letdown. Blame DDP !!! For the cash or 2-TS credits, disappointing in quality and price.
NOTE2: We used to think the Seared Scallops were fine for a dinner entree. However, our last trip to the eatery they were major disappointment. We sent them back and they were replaced. The replacement WAS WORSE than the first try. We sent the replacement back and switched to the Duck Breast which was acceptable.

Our Ratings of Monsieur Paul: (*rev 12/03/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Maine Lobster w/Mushrooms
. . . entree:.. Roasted Duck Breast
. . . dessert:. Puff Pastry with Lemon Cream
NOTE1: This is the revamped Bistro de Paris upstairs at Epcot-France. It was changed to allow use of DDP credits instead of Out-Of-Pocket payment. They should have left it alone. A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT lurks for anyone expecting upscale dining and upscale quality. The atmosphere is good, not great, but the service and food were not up to Signature levels. The chicken was rubbery, the soup was pasty, and the meat bland. The amuse bouche was good, but that (by its very name) is one-bite, and one bite is not enough to make the whole meal to be rated well. If you haven't gotten a hint yet, a place to avoid. What a pity; good eatery dumbed-down to accommodate the Disney Dining Plan. Bistro was pretty good, Paul's is a major letdown. Blame DDP !!! For the cash or 2-TS credits, disappointing in quality and price.
NOTE2: We used to think the Seared Scallops were fine for a dinner entree. However, our last trip to the eatery they were major disappointment. We sent them back and they were replaced. The replacement WAS WORSE than the first try. We sent the replacement back and switched to the Duck Breast which was acceptable.

RustyScupper..... just noticed your Factoids for the first time.... Fantastic!!! What a great attitude you have!!!

Thank you all. I will post when we return detour trip and I’ll try to remember to take pictures.

We ate there during our trip in September and adored it -- best meal of the trip. The French martinis are sublime, the bread selection is fabulous, and our entrees were perfectly prepared. Dessert was edible art. We had a table overlooking World Showcase, and it was just a wonderful experience.

I would agree with the snobby service. I thought it was a one-off but felt it the second time. But we found the food to be very good. Best beef tenderloin I've had in a long long time. Never made it to dessert - I was too stuffed. I do prefer the Bistro that was there before. I found the service to be much friendlier and the atmosphere to be less snooty (Victoria & Albert's is a major cut above M. Paul but I've never found them to be snobby or snooty so I don't think M. Paul has reason to give that impression) although I have to say that the menus are probably reasonably equal. I'd have to give M. Paul the edge on the beef tenderloin.

We skipped it last trip, although that was partly due to a so-many-restaurants-so-little-time issue but my experiences didn't make me put it at the top of the list to squeeze in as I might if I felt better about it. Not to say that I won't try next time to squeeze it in.

If you have a good local French restaurant where you live, you will probably be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter