Moonlight Magic 2019?

I took my D16 last year to the MK event for her bday.

Was thinking I'd take D20 for her 21st in 2019 and hoping (if continued) DH for his 50th in 2020. BUT, the March dates fall over our Spring break, and one of the other dates is my DH's actual bday.....good options, too.

Ugh... decisions, decision....temptations!

Surprising that the DHS ones are during a popular week for spring break.

Yes those are our dates and I was exited to see this until I went and checked my plans. It’s the same night as the only PM EMH at MK. Since HS is our least favorite park, I’m not sure we will bother.

is this a special ticket event? where you get maybe a couple hours in the park for 100 bucks or something like that

I managed to book Feb 12 in a poly stnd and then a few more nights at Bonnet Creek.

Now all the studios for both MK nights gone.

Now to work out the details of pulling off a Feb trip.

I took my D16 last year to the MK event for her bday.

Was thinking I'd take D20 for her 21st in 2019 and hoping (if continued) DH for his 50th in 2020. BUT, the March dates fall over our Spring break, and one of the other dates is my DH's actual bday.....good options, too.

Ugh... decisions, decision....temptations!
I guess that means Booking 2 trips....:rolleyes1

IMHO, no one should plan a trip around these events. We went to 2 last year, TL and HS. While I know we were lucky to get in, the one at HS was a let down. We had a lot more fun at MNSSHP on that trip. The one at TL was fun, but I wouldn’t plan a trip around it. None of the dates fall when we’ll be there, so I won’t be in the Hunger Games with you all this year trying to book. I was thinking the exact same thing @erionm. ;)

IMHO, no one should plan a trip around these events. We went to 2 last year, TL and HS. While I know we were lucky to get in, the one at HS was a let down. We had a lot more fun at MNSSHP on that trip. The one at TL was fun, but I wouldn’t plan a trip around it. None of the dates fall when we’ll be there, so I won’t be in the Hunger Games with you all this year trying to book. I was thinking the exact same thing @erionm. ;)

I agree I wouldn't plan a trip around it. This is the first time since it's been offered that one actually takes place during our planned trip! Now we'll see if we can get in...

Ah, put me on the list that "plans trips around such events." Interest in the 2019 season is partly fueled by having APs purchased when we visited for the Oct 2018 MM at DHS. Gotta work those passes, right? Looks like I'll be borrowing most of my Oct 2018 UY points!

This will be the first time that my dates will coincide with a DVC event, other than a water park event in 2015 which I missed due to plane problems. When I saw that an Epcot date coincided with my vacation dates I became very excited, then went to Youtube to see what last years event looked like. I watched three videos of the Epcot Moonlight Magic and two of the people making the videos were not DVC members and they were not staying on property; I know this as they were making comments about driving home to get to work in the morning. Is this a common occurance? I have read that some DVC owners were not able to get tickets to last years events and if I was in that situation I would be angry that non DVC members got to attend when I was locked out, but my dues helped pay for the event. I could be way off on this as I have never attended an event, so could somebody enlighten me, thanks.

Ah, put me on the list that "plans trips around such events." Interest in the 2019 season is partly fueled by having APs purchased when we visited for the Oct 2018 MM at DHS. Gotta work those passes, right? Looks like I'll be borrowing most of my Oct 2018 UY points!

I think that's fine provided you can deal with the reality that you may not get in. Last year was a hot mess and the boards are filled with rants from folks who planned trips specifically to attend events only to be closed out. Blame IT, blame management... in the end it was a very very frustrating experience for lots of people.

Mind you, these are folks who did everything right... online at the right time, had all their information ready, etc. But when you have thousands of people slamming the system at exactly the same moment... well lets just say it got pretty ugly with members calling MS to say they were online and in then dropped, they got error messages, etc. In the end there was not a thing that the poor CM could do because when the event fills, it fills... by the time you get through to MS the spaces are gone.

If you are looking to schedule extra trips to leverage your AP then go when there is an event by all means... just don't make that the reason you are going!

This will be the first time that my dates will coincide with a DVC event, other than a water park event in 2015 which I missed due to plane problems. When I saw that an Epcot date coincided with my vacation dates I became very excited, then went to Youtube to see what last years event looked like. I watched three videos of the Epcot Moonlight Magic and two of the people making the videos were not DVC members and they were not staying on property; I know this as they were making comments about driving home to get to work in the morning. Is this a common occurance? I have read that some DVC owners were not able to get tickets to last years events and if I was in that situation I would be angry that non DVC members got to attend when I was locked out, but my dues helped pay for the event. I could be way off on this as I have never attended an event, so could somebody enlighten me, thanks.

They were most likely friends of members. It is not a requirement that all attendees be members or even family.

Last year you could get up to 8 tickets, I believe or the number of names on a reservation. There were many folks who took all 8 tickets they were allowed just on principle in case they had any friends who wanted to attend.

I went to the Epcot event last year during a solo trip in August. I got and used one ticket. I would certainly not have gotten 8, though I could have. People did.

This year they are imposing a 4 ticket limit or the number of people on the reservation. But think about it. If you are in a GV, you could potentially get 12 tickets. Now add up the occupancy in the thousands of villas on property and you can see why I think there is just no good answer to this.

TI watched three videos of the Epcot Moonlight Magic and two of the people making the videos were not DVC members and they were not staying on property; I know this as they were making comments about driving home to get to work in the morning. Is this a common occurance? I have read that some DVC owners were not able to get tickets to last years events and if I was in that situation I would be angry that non DVC members got to attend when I was locked out, but my dues helped pay for the event. I could be way off on this as I have never attended an event, so could somebody enlighten me, thanks.
The only way non-members could attend is if they were guests of a member. The member most likely was also in attendance since only the member can check in and get the event wristbands the day of the event.

...I would be angry that non DVC members got to attend when I was locked out, but my dues helped pay for the event.

Member dues do not pay for Moonlight Magic. By law, timeshare dues can only be used toward amenities which are freely accessible by all owners. Most owner perks are restricted to those who own 75+ points purchased direct from DVC. As such, the perks must be funded by DVC...ostensibly as a sales and marketing expense.

Last year you could get up to 8 tickets, I believe or the number of names on a reservation.

For those without a hotel reservation the limit was previously 6 per party (member+5). For 2019 it has been lowered to 4 per party (member+3).

Quick Question....It says if you have a reservation before a certain date you can RSVP on an earlier date. My daughter who is a member has a trip planned for March and it falls over the HS date, but as we just bought in to DVC and she just decided to go, she is currently waitlisted for her trip. She will likely book a cash reservation at CBR in case her waitlist doesn't come through. If she has the reservation at CBR will that still meet the requirement of being able to RSVP on the earlier date? Especially if her waitlist doesn't come through on time or at all? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter