Moonlight magic registration

Make sure to open up multiple devices for registration even during early registration day. In the past, I was locked out despite having a DVC room booked. It was sold out before my number came up to register.

I understood that staying at any DVC property, and having that linked to your membership was sufficient.

Cash needed booked via MS when booking Disney's non-DVC accommodations.

Maybe I misunderstand.
There have been very recent changes (this year in 2024).

The only cash stay eligible is a booking through member services.

DVC rentals are no longer eligible.

Since they are staying at AKL (a DVC property) - don't think points or cash matter, but having it linked to your DVC ownership account would.

I understand you now booked with points for abundance of caution.
Yes I booked a night with points. I felt like it would have been more of a hassle to call and try and figure it out. We got a really great deal on the room with a discount.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Now 🤞 we get a registration.

There have been very recent changes (this year in 2024).

The only cash stay eligible is a booking through member services.

DVC rentals are no longer eligible.
Why are DVC rentals not eligible? Since a member is booking them with points I would think they would qualify am I missing something?

Why are DVC rentals not eligible? Since a member is booking them with points I would think they would qualify am I missing something?
The person that registers has to be an eligible member AND has to be at the event to check everyone in

The person that registers has to be an eligible member AND has to be at the event to check everyone in
Yes I understand an eligible member has to be on the reservation and be there to check in but as an eligible why could I not rent points if I was out?

Yes I understand an eligible member has to be on the reservation and be there to check in but as an eligible why could I not rent points if I was out?
Seems reasonable but I believe the eligibility for tickets are attached to the membership and only those owners on the membership are eligible to register? I’m a newb at this so don’t know all the rules but seems to me that is how it went down when we got early reg tickets for Feb/March at AK and Epcot

Seems reasonable but I believe the eligibility for tickets are attached to the membership and only those owners on the membership are eligible to register? I’m a newb at this so don’t know all the rules but seems to me that is how it went down when we got early reg tickets for Feb/March at AK and Epcot
Blue Card member registered as the lead guest of a rented points reservation was able to register for tickets previously.

I saw earlier that someone posted rentals no longer qualified and that was what I was trying to figure out. If the reservation would be using points and the a blue card member’s name would be on the reservation why a rental wouldn’t be allowed?

Blue Card member registered as the lead guest of a rented points reservation was able to register for tickets previously.

I saw earlier that someone posted rentals no longer qualified and that was what I was trying to figure out. If the reservation would be using points and the a blue card member’s name would be on the reservation why a rental wouldn’t be allowed?
When I registered the during the process you had to enter your membership number associated with the reservation and then it showed only owners as being able to register (had to pick one). The designated person then had to attend the event in order to check all guests in

When I registered the during the process you had to enter your membership number associated with the reservation and then it showed only owners as being able to register (had to pick one). The designated person then had to attend the event in order to check all guests in
Good that sounds like it will work then. Thanks!!

Good that sounds like it will work then. Thanks!!
They changed the rules recently. To register early, You have to be blue card staying on your points or on a cash stay booked through dvc. Regular cash reservations do not work. Rentals do not work— regardless of blue card status. This is a relatively new policy. I believe they changed it because the event is to encourage direct ownership and not rentals or regular cash stays. You can however try to register during open reservations with blue card status.

They changed the rules recently. To register early, You have to be blue card staying on your points or on a cash stay booked through dvc. Regular cash reservations do not work. Rentals do not work— regardless of blue card status. This is a relatively new policy. I believe they changed it because the event is to encourage direct ownership and not rentals or regular cash stays. You can however try to register during open reservations with blue card status.
If memory serves me from way back a couple of weeks ago they also have a cutoff date sometime prior to the early reg period by which the above type reservations (and any modifications) have to be completed. Seems to me it was at least a week prior to the registration. An email should have been received explaining all of this to those that qualify.

If memory serves me from way back a couple of weeks ago they also have a cutoff date sometime prior to the early reg period by which the above type reservations (and any modifications) have to be completed. Seems to me it was at least a week prior to the registration. An email should have been received explaining all of this to those that qualify.
Yes, I don’t know the cutoff dates, but they exist. Another restriction is that you can only attend one event per park per year. Not sure if that restriction is new or old, but we came up against that wall last year! We had booked an animal kingdom event but had to cancel. We tried to book another animal kingdom event later in the year and when we got to the second booking screen it said you are not eligible.

Yes, I don’t know the cutoff dates, but they exist. Another restriction is that you can only attend one event per park per year. Not sure if that restriction is new or old, but we came up against that wall last year! We had booked an animal kingdom event but had to cancel. We tried to book another animal kingdom event later in the year and when we got to the second booking screen it said you are not eligible.
Oh wow even though you cancelled? Does the year rule go by calendar year or 12 months from one MM to another?

Oh wow even though you cancelled? Does the year rule go by calendar year or 12 months from one MM to another?
I think it is calendar year. I even tried again to book on the second “not early reservation day,” thinking maybe I could beat the system and no, not eligible. I’d never tried booking on that second go before and was surprised to get a low number and actually get in. So for people wondering about that, it is possible to get reservations on that second chance day (but only if you are eligible).

Most likely because it wouldn’t be your member number attached to the reservation …

Because a rental doesn’t belong to you. It always remains on the owners membership so that is why they were never valid for early reservation. Basically, your status as a DVC owner doesn’t matter.

Most likely because it wouldn’t be your member number attached to the reservation …

Because a rental doesn’t belong to you. It always remains on the owners membership so that is why they were never valid for early reservation. Basically, your status as a DVC owner doesn’t matter.
Yea I thought it would have my membership number associated if I was the guest on the point reservation that was rented but what @Sandisw said makes sense.

Our family is a group of 12, staying in (2) 2 bedroom villas. What do I need to do to make it so I can register all 12 of us for the event? Everyone is listed as a guest on the reservations. I'm wondering what steps I need to take.
Thanks for your help!

Our family is a group of 12, staying in (2) 2 bedroom villas. What do I need to do to make it so I can register all 12 of us for the event? Everyone is listed as a guest on the reservations. I'm wondering what steps I need to take.
Thanks for your help!
Are the stays booked with DVC points?
Are both reservations linked to the Ownership account (DVC-Y)?

You may call member services to confirm, but if the answer is Yes to both, I expect you to be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter