~Most Memorable WDW Souvenir~

I guess it would be all the art prints I have hanging on my wall of AK, MK, Epcot by Larry Dotson. Great looking prints and brings me back to WDW! Art of Disney at Epcot and DTD must be the best shops at WDW!:wizard:

My Dad brought me back a Snow White night light from Disneyland when I was a little girl, it must have been the late 60's or early 70's. I wish I knew what happened to it. I would love to have another. More recently, DH surprised me with a Christmas Snow White figurine and I just love her.

How about the talking monorail magnet? I love to press the button and hear "Please stand clear of the doors", especially when I'm having a really bad day. Take me to the monorail! :goodvibes

Marie

I want one of those! Where did you buy it? :goodvibes

If you have any pictures of them that would be so great!

Here is mine:
DSCF0042.jpg
DSCF0045.jpg

Originally Posted by mmeb144
How about the talking monorail magnet? I love to press the button and hear "Please stand clear of the doors", especially when I'm having a really bad day. Take me to the monorail!

Marie
I want one of those! Where did you buy it? :goodvibes

I got it at MK, the gift shop right outside the doors. I haven't seen it in a couple trips, though. My DH would kill me if I got another.

Guess mine would be the BIG Magic Kingdom map I have from 1979. I had it framed and have it hanging in our MK room (family room). I got it when I was 10 years old. The park is filled with lots of little cartoon characters and guests. They even have the old Tropicana Bird standing in Adventureland. Only the true old timers know who that was! It's a great old map from back when they made them in that style (approx. 40 inches by 34 inches). I have to be honest, the new smaller versions are much easier to walk around the parks with, but the old "monsters" look a lot better hanging on your wall!

In 2004, we did a surprise trip for my kiddos. When we got home, my then 9year old daughter presented me with a mickey watch she bought for me with her own souvenir money as a thank you for the trip.

I bawled that such a little girl could be that thoughtful.... well thats at least one out of 6 of em that I raised right :-)

I have worn my watch every day since.

Another one joining the WDWFP (Walt Disney World Fertility Program) :cloud9:

Just something about the water, or the air, or hmmm...maybe it's just the one time we really get away from it all and relax :thumbsup2

My little Disney souvenir just turned 4 the beginning of May. We go every year, and as thrilled as we were with that year's surprise, I'm sticking to jewelry and polo shirts from now on!:rotfl:

In 2004, we did a surprise trip for my kiddos. When we got home, my then 9year old daughter presented me with a mickey watch she bought for me with her own souvenir money as a thank you for the trip.

I bawled that such a little girl could be that thoughtful.... well thats at least one out of 6 of em that I raised right :-)

I have worn my watch every day since.

AWWWW, that's too sweet! And, I'll bet you did pretty well with the other 5 as well. :thumbsup2

My parents took a VERY spurr of the moment vacation to WDW last August and was very annoyed that they left me home. But I quickly forgave them when they came back with a HTH bath towel for me. That towel is still so very soft eventhough I use it everyday. I know it's not much, but everytime I wrap it around myself I think that I am a guest staying at the hotel and it makes me smile. I have a little reminder of my favorite ride that I get to wrap myself in everyday.:goodvibes

I have so many, like my charm bracelet and Christmas ornaments, but there are some that mean the most to me. First would be my Mickey Skagen watch that I bought in November. I bought it the first night of our trip, so I set it to Eastern time. When we got home, I didn't want to change it to Central time, so I just left it. My watch is always on "Mickey time"; I just have to remember to subtract an hour when I'm at home! On that same trip, I also bought two park exclusive Precious Moments figurines, which I just adore. I've collected PM's for 20 years, and I was so excited when they started producing Disney figurines. I love them all, but the park exclusives mean the most to me.

On our trip last week, we bought a couple of things that I was so excited about. DH bought the monorail, the switching station, and the Contemporary playsets for DD (At least he said they were for her!;) ), and we have had so much fun playing with that since we've been home. We had the castle already, so the whole thing is set up in our game room, and DH has been busy searching Ebay for the other parts (Most of the sets have been discontinued.).

The best thing, however, was that I got to buy the Jim Shore Cinderella Castle. I almost cried when my DH told me I could get it. It is so beautiful!!!!! I have it sitting on a table in my living room, and I can't take my eyes off of it. Here is a picture:
http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x75659b3e4&varPage=location
It is by far the most special souvenir I've ever bought, and something I will always treasure.

Wow!! What great gifts!! I also have a castle as my favorite souvenir! We went on our first trip in 2005. On our last night we had dinner in Cindy's Castle. After the first course, my son crawls under the table, and as I'm about to scold him, he hands me this beautiful blue velvet box. He then tells me "It's to thank you Mom, for all the time you spent planning this trip and making it magical for us!" - he was only 6 at the time!! :love: Well, the box held a crystal castle and the crystal base!! It's stunning and now resides in my formal dining room! I see it every day and it changes colors with the light in the room - LOVE IT!! My dh and ds had gone into one of the gift shops there at the castle while my dd and I were riding Snow White - my ds saw the castle and according to dh, said " we're not leaving without that! Mom would freak if she saw it!" Freak I did, the poor cm serving our dinner had to find me Kleenex as I couldn't quit crying!!!:goodvibes

I have to think about it, and my internet is about to crash again, but I wanted to subscribe so I can come back an answer, and read about all of these awesome recuerdos! (I like the Spanish word better, since it means memories ;) )

My DD knows I'm a pin-nut so the last 2 times we went, she surprised me with pins. My FAVORITE one is Ariel - it says "World's Greatest Mom". 'Nuff said princess: !

Mine was quite simple actually, and unfortunately I don't have it anymore since it was years ago --- it was just a Mickey Mouse head balloon that you get on Main Street. I'm sure you all know the one, silver & shiny!! But I was probably about 10 at the time, and I just remember being so happy that my grandparents actually bought it for me!

The Minnie Mouse ears from my first trip in 1976. They're a little moth-eaten and the bow is a little dingy but they're still beautiful! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter