Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Piglet is my favorite character and I will go with Cinderella as my movie. It was my favorite growing up and is still one of them. I will say Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin are close seconds. Piglet and I have so much in common. Even being the small one in a crowd of people.

TinkerBell is my long standing favorite but recently opened a place in my heart for Julieta Madgrial.
The movie changes fairly constantly. Lately its been Moana (mainly for the music), when I was a kid it varied between Sleeping Beauty and Sword in the Stone. Cant really choose.

TinkerBell is my long standing favorite but recently opened a place in my heart for Julieta Madgrial.
The movie changes fairly constantly. Lately its been Moana (mainly for the music), when I was a kid it varied between Sleeping Beauty and Sword in the Stone. Cant really choose.
I really love the movie “Moana.” My all time favorite princess is Cinderella. I agree it’s hard to choose. I am just really feeling Tinkerbell’s feisty attitude these days. “Peter Pan” as well…the innocence of childhood that so many little ones don’t get to experience anymore, at least the population that I teach…they aren’t allowed to be children, and unfortunately grow up way too fast.

In the parks I always seek out Chip and second favorite would be Tink. Both are a bit spicy, and a lot of fun.

I’ve gotten some big things accomplished, rearranging the living room and bedroom furniture, which means getting in to the corners and behind and beneath things to clean and it was really needed. Today is all about finesse, doing the finishing touches including the curtain rods and drapes swap in the bedroom. Plus I need to go back down to the mall. Yesterday I treated myself with a shopping trip to The Container Store, but sadly some of the organizers I got for the dresser are a 1/4 inch too high.

3 so far - still need to work on water, though (I've leaned a little too much toward the coffee 😆)

It's time to start thinking of our schedule for April as it is fast approaching.

April 4-10:
April 11-17:
April 18-24: Summer
April 25 - May 1:

I can definitely take a week in April, but I don't really have a preference which week this time, so I'll let others choose first and then you can just pop me in.

Last edited:
MOTIVATION MONDAY

Here we are at the home stretch, the last week of the month. As the days were going by it seemed fast but looking back it feels like it has been March for a very long time. How has the month been going for you? What have you
accomplished, what are you going to carry forward in to April? What is motivating you this week?

My motivation this week is to see the Minimalist's challenge thru. It's 118 things to finish out the month... I'll make another pass here in the office and another thru the kitchen, but I'm sure I'll have to start heading down to the basement to get to that number. The house looks and feels so much better, so much lighter, with so much space opened up and it is helping me to feel the same.

Health-wise I can't say I've accomplished much this month. I've continued to think about my WDW trip and have decided my experience there was 70% me-30% Disney. Part of the 'me' was it being my first time back out in the world and really feeling the impact of the past two years of isolation, but part of it was me not really getting physically ready to be that active. I'm thinking of a do-over, just not sure when yet. But more important is to get in to better physical shape period. My trip to the ocean (in just two weeks!) is going to be pre-work walks and lunch walks and evening walks, but I need to get out here and walk to get ready. I'm starting to think of my goals for April and I think I won't go right into doing the challenge to get thru the basement as it takes a lot of time and I need to be spending that time focused on physical health. .

As the days were going by it seemed fast but looking back it feels like it has been March for a very long time.

I agree! February seems like a very long time ago, and I'm kind of glad March is over.

What have you accomplished, what are you going to carry forward in to April? What is motivating you this week?
I've been able to up my exercise this month, but haven't really found the decluttering motivation that I had in the fall, so I'd like to try to ramp that back up in April. Relying on routines this week.

Mindfulness is essential for me right now so that I don’t allow stress to consume me and cause me to make stupid decisions. Third marking period report cards are due soon, and conferences will quickly follow. Then spring break. When we return, it will be a mad dash to finish the school year with a lot planned. The chiropractor has helped me with my headaches, but if I let stress affect me, I will never get better.

I also feel like March has taken forever to end. Most days fly by, but I'm ready for April (and May and June and then I have a break from work!). I think I'm going to do some more exercise routines. I love my yoga in the mornings, but I could be more physical other parts of the day! I also need to be more mindful of my eating habits. I need to make sure what I eat does not upset my stomach--I'm looking at you chocolate! I had yogurt one morning at the hotel and got a terrible stomach ache. The next morning I ate a lactose free yogurt and didn't get an upset tummy. Need to do some more experimenting with that.

TUESDAY TOPIC: MINDFULNESS

@Summer2018 and @glss1/2fll both mentioned 'mindfulness' in their Monday posts, and I thought that would make a wonderful Tuesday topic. One of the many books my Counselor has recommended (that I may or may not have ready yet, OK I haven't) is Mindfulness for Beginners by Jon Kabat-Zinn, so I thought I would pull some quotes from him as food for thought.

And this one, which totally reminds me of the "back side of water".

Do any of these quotes resonate with you? Do you practice mindfulness? If yes, how do you do it and how do you benefit from it? If no, have you thought about trying it?

I utilize the mindfulness meditations on the fitbit app occasionally. My company also has a mindfulness group I sometimes participate in..which is great until that TEAMS notification goes off multiple times in a row :confused3

While doing the dishes a few nights ago my mind was racing. Tried to slow it down and be present to what I was doing and it was HARD. Mindfulness meditations I can do but being mindful randomly throughout my day is a struggle.

Mindfulness is an effective tool for us neuro-divergent folks, but it is something that I've been slow adopting... even tho I think about it on a regular basis (and there in lies the problem... thinking). Getting the book out and actually looking at it was a good exercise. It is written in short two page chapters, and knowing that has me inspired to really read it and put it to use.

Yesterday was a very Monday Monday with multiple things popping up simultaneously and multiple people bringing back up something we worked on in December. In one of the 'things' the person told us we had missed a requirement when actually we did the work but they hadn't done their part, and in another the team told us we are reporting out bad information, when actually we are reporting out based on what they send us. It was just a really strange vibe and I was able to step out it enough to recognize that, but it would have been even better if I had fully stepped out and just watched what was happening, so that quote resonated with me.

Compassion and kindness towards ones self also resonates, as the card I had pulled for the day was about being a vessel of love and being loving towards yourself and others. I was able to use that thought during the craziness, asking myself 'if I come at this from a position of love how would I respond'. And that did help.

Changing my position/point of view is a technique I use often when wrestling with something, trying to figure it out, so of course that one resonated with me as well.

Do any of these quotes resonate with you? Do you practice mindfulness? If yes, how do you do it and how do you benefit from it? If no, have you thought about trying it?

The last one really spoke to me as well. - I like the idea that even when you can't stop the rushing water that modern life just sometimes seems to feel like, you can find a way to step out from under it for a minute.

I haven't really explored mindfulness, but my senior college program is offering class in May called "Yoga and Complementary Holistic Practices" that I'm thinking about signing up for, and I'm guessing it will touch on mindfullness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter