mouse ears fans/programs

amyy

<font color=royalblue> I do pat them out on a flou
Can we make these ourselves? I thought I read that there is a scrap booking tool and my friends have the machine.

If we can make them ourselves what would the wording be?

thanks a bunch

you can definitely make them yourself. Some brides have used a circle cutter, but I think that would be a lot harder. If you or someone you know has a cricut you can use the Mickey and Friends cartridge to cut out perfect Mickey heads.

I would print the words on the paper before you cut it.

Thanks. I posted on Facebook and have already found a friend who has the machine and cartridge. Are there links/websites that have samples of the program? I don't go to very many weddings and don't have much of a clue as to what it is suppose to say.

I'm sure on the knot or something they should have them. Usually you have the ceremony order, with explanations of anything people might not be familiar with. You'd have the bridal party / parents / officiant listed. Some people put the music on it. You can really do whatever you want.

I don't know anything about cricut, but I did try to make them with several brands of circle cutters. All attempts were epic fails. The blades of the cutters (again, several brands) were not strong enough to cut through the thick cardstock. I got really thick cardstock because otherwise the fan would be all floppy.

So it was really difficult to cut and then it was even more difficult to line everything up correctly so both sides were perfectly the same size. It was a massive hassle during which I quit and just ended up buying them from Impressions.

I am all for diy projects but I too would just get them from impressions. They are way too hard to do properly on your own. AND they have the new super awesome Cinderella coach fans. Just a thought. Good luck!

Do you know the cost of getting them through Impressions? I don't see it listed on their site and figure I may be able to get an answer on here tonight :)

thanks

does anyone know if Disney can make these for you? if so how much? I live in the UK and not sure that we have an 'Impressions' over here :confused:

TIA :goodvibes

Tinkerbell, I don't know if living in the UK would be an issue because I think they will deliver the finished product to you at the WDW.

I just got a price listing and it's a bit out of my ballpark for just 20 fans. I found a cute cinderella/castle themed paper with vistaprint and I'll probably just end up using them (I like the menu design as it has the carriage at the bottom)

Vistaprint.com search for "cinderella castle"

Never mind...too many spoiled brats on this board now days that perfer to break the law. I don't need immature attitudes. If you are adult and would like my template, please pm me. Sorry to those this doesn't apply to.

I'm almost embarrassed to post this because I consider myself frugal...but it was such a headache trying to make them myself and I was so frustrated, this was the one problem I just threw money at.

$27.50 per side flat fee for typesetting one time charge
$5.75 per fan
$1.85 per bow
plus Disney licensing sales tax and delivery

I'm almost embarrassed to post this because I consider myself frugal...but it was such a headache trying to make them myself and I was so frustrated, this was the one problem I just threw money at.

$27.50 per side flat fee for typesetting one time charge
$5.75 per fan
$1.85 per bow
plus Disney licensing sales tax and delivery

It is very nice of you to take the time to post this. Once you say them did you think they were wonderful and worth the price? I hadn't actually factored this into my budget....

It is very nice of you to take the time to post this. Once you say them did you think they were wonderful and worth the price? I hadn't actually factored this into my budget....

They looked good and were well done. Was it worth the cost...I don't really know. You need to estimate how much it would cost if with the number of guests you will have. It might be cheaper to just buy a cricut machine.

I have a friend that has the machine and the cartridge. I wondered if it would still be a pain. I suppose we can try.

I made ours.... I have a word template and then cut them out....:goodvibes

programfinalfan001.jpg

I have the cricut and Mickey and friends cartridge it's SUPER easy. Turns out great. Joann's had the personal cricut on sale for 99 around Xmas time and the cartridges are ~25 on eBay. I downloaded the Disney font and printed them before I cut them out. Also hobby lobby has different papers/cardstock wait til they go on sale 50% off if you have time. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips and pictures.

Are there tricks to setting up the whole thing in word so it prints right or is it a lot of trial and error? Or do you make a template based on the dimensions of the ears? I am probably making this harder then it seems. Off to search for a Disney font .....

Oh, did you just figure out the program wording because you had been to other weddings or did you find samples on a certain site?

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter