mouse ears fans/programs

I saw these in Franck's they are very cute. I think you could also do them with the cricut, there's a princess themed cartridge with Cinderella, "Dreams Come True" I think and there is a coach image on there.

Inspired by the beautiful carriage fans, I have produced a template for them.
I don't claim to be a professional and these are nowhere near as good as Shelly's of course but just might work for any DIY brides who want to have a bit of a go doing some things themselves or, like me, are just too cheap to pay the prices!!!
I have also had a bash at what the front of mine will maybe look like, although I need to play with it a bit more yet. It gives you some idea though.
Feel free to use it if you wish. Just copy and paste onto Word or some such programme (I use Powerpoint) and cut it out. I think I would advise leaving the swirly wheels solid as I think the swirls will be too flimsy on their own!! The grey lines on the template will help with a better finish as you should not see them once the fan is cut out. I recommend the wheels stay black and uncut except for where I have written 'cut here'. These sections I think would look good cut out,

coachfancuttemplate2.gif

ourfanagain.gif

I have a program that goes with my Cricut called Sure Cuts A Lot. It can convert different clip art or cut out fonts. It does take some computer/graphing skills. It would be easy to cut out the Mickey face but printing out the Mickey head first then cutting out take some practice. I have seen a video on youtube of the technique that would work for this project but I can not find the video at the time. If I see it I will post it.
Check out my PJ for my seed packets I printed out on my Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot.

Edgar272.jpg

Edgar267.jpg

These aren't the best pics. I haven't even looked at my reception pics yet - looong story I will get to in my tr - BUT I made these myself. I just found a mouse ears outline and printed these out. I used photoshop to write on them. I cut them out with scissors - a bit time consuming, but they looked good. I cut out one side smaller than the other so they didn't have to line up. They were gorgeous and a big hit!

Wow - everyone is so talented. I have fallen in love with these Mickey programs, but after reading the cost :scared1: there is not enough money in the budget for this - DF would kill me before we even got married :rotfl2:
I'm going to attempt making them and have a question;
How did everyone glue them together? Did you use a glue stick all over? or some sort of glue just around the edges? With it being heavy cardstock I'd love to hear how they stayed together.
Thanks a bunch!

Wow - everyone is so talented. I have fallen in love with these Mickey programs, but after reading the cost :scared1: there is not enough money in the budget for this - DF would kill me before we even got married :rotfl2:
I'm going to attempt making them and have a question;
How did everyone glue them together? Did you use a glue stick all over? or some sort of glue just around the edges? With it being heavy cardstock I'd love to hear how they stayed together.
Thanks a bunch!

For the mock-up that I made of mine, I used a thicker paste glue to glue the stick onto the paper, and just used a glue stick all over to glue the paper to the other paper. We kind of tested them out fanning ourselves, and they stayed together no problem - the only thing I might change is putting the stick up a little higher so the paper doesn't flap as much. HTH

I used hot glue on mine. It held together better than the glue stick and didn't leave bumps like the school glue.

Did you just use the hot glue around the edges? as I know hot glue can leave lines and look bumpy where you use it.
Thanks

Just a bit of advice - to adhere the two side I would use a Mono Adhesive by Tombo. It's a permanent adhesive that you roll on with the applicator. They sell them at Joanns and Michaels in the scrapbook section. I use this for anything from scrapbooking to wrapping presents to sealing invitations!

This is only loosely related, but can anyone tell me how to use the Waltograph font? I can get it downloaded just fine, but past that, I don't know how to "get it in" to Microsoft Word after that point. Any thoughts?

And because I don't want to be entirely Off Topic, I do love these fans. Since I'm having a cruise wedding, they'd be quite appropriate, so I'ma keep them in mind! :)

This is only loosely related, but can anyone tell me how to use the Waltograph font? I can get it downloaded just fine, but past that, I don't know how to "get it in" to Microsoft Word after that point. Any thoughts?

And because I don't want to be entirely Off Topic, I do love these fans. Since I'm having a cruise wedding, they'd be quite appropriate, so I'ma keep them in mind! :)

Sorry, I have no idea. Someone was kind enough to send me a template and I am using the font she used. Hope someone can help you.

I am all for diy projects but I too would just get them from impressions. They are way too hard to do properly on your own. AND they have the new super awesome Cinderella coach fans. Just a thought. Good luck!

Wow I didn't know that! is there a picture of them?

Go to the icon labeled as Computer on your desktop, double click, then double click on the icon labeled Local Disc (C:), once there go into the folder labeled windows, then in there the folder labeled fonts. Drop the waltograph font file into that folder and it should show up on Word once you restart the program.

Computer>Local Disk C:>Windows>Fronts>(Drop in Waltograph file font)

Thanks amy! If anybody has a template they are willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter