mouse ears fans/programs

fansonthechairs.jpg

We just got our cricut today, hooray! :woohoo: Problem is, I have no clue how I'm supposed to get the wording on, and how to position it into the cricut. Can anyone help with this, please?

I printed the programs on card stock and a few test ones on regular paper. Next I emailed them to a friend who had a cricut so I can't help you with this part. She played around first with the ones on regular paper.

Your best bet for getting the words on is to print them on a thinner cardstock before running them through the Cricut. If you're using the Personal Cutter it is going to be trial and error to figure out where to position the blade before you cut to get the words in the right place.

ETA: I am not sure that the Personal cutter is a good tool for this job. The largest you could cut the ears out would be 5.5" across and that's not really big enough.

If you're using an Expression, I suggest placing the words paper in the center of the mat, that way you can use the centering feature to cut your Mickey ears right in the middle of the paper. You will still probably have to do a couple of test runs before cutting for real.

If you're planning to cut very heavy cardstock, you should probably invest in the Deep Cut Blade. It's $30 or so but will cut through chipboard and even fabric. You'll get a much nicer cut with it.

I haven't attempted this project yet myself but I'm an avid scrapbooker and I beg of you guys, avoid Elmer's Glue and hot glue for these projects and go with something from your local craft store like a Tombow Tape Runner or something like that. You'll avoid wetting the paper and getting gross lumps and bubbles.

The Mickey Font cartridge has the ears on it, I'm not sure about Mickey and Friends. The Happily Ever After cartridge has Cinderella's Coach and it's really pretty. I was just flipping through the booklet and there are a few different things you could turn into program fans like silhouettes of the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty.

You can find the various images on different cartridges at these links
Disney Dreams Come True Cartridge

Happily Ever After (coach is on page 2)

Mickey and Friends (which does have the ears)

Mickey Font

There are also a few wedding-specific cartridges, a Pixar Cars cartridge, and a Tinkerbell cartridge.

Your best bet for getting the words on is to print them on a thinner cardstock before running them through the Cricut. If you're using the Personal Cutter it is going to be trial and error to figure out where to position the blade before you cut to get the words in the right place.

ETA: I am not sure that the Personal cutter is a good tool for this job. The largest you could cut the ears out would be 5.5" across and that's not really big enough.

If you're using an Expression, I suggest placing the words paper in the center of the mat, that way you can use the centering feature to cut your Mickey ears right in the middle of the paper. You will still probably have to do a couple of test runs before cutting for real.

If you're planning to cut very heavy cardstock, you should probably invest in the Deep Cut Blade. It's $30 or so but will cut through chipboard and even fabric. You'll get a much nicer cut with it.

I haven't attempted this project yet myself but I'm an avid scrapbooker and I beg of you guys, avoid Elmer's Glue and hot glue for these projects and go with something from your local craft store like a Tombow Tape Runner or something like that. You'll avoid wetting the paper and getting gross lumps and bubbles.

The Mickey Font cartridge has the ears on it, I'm not sure about Mickey and Friends. The Happily Ever After cartridge has Cinderella's Coach and it's really pretty. I was just flipping through the booklet and there are a few different things you could turn into program fans like silhouettes of the three fairies from Sleeping Beauty.

You can find the various images on different cartridges at these links
Disney Dreams Come True Cartridge

Happily Ever After (coach is on page 2)

Mickey and Friends (which does have the ears)

Mickey Font

There are also a few wedding-specific cartridges, a Pixar Cars cartridge, and a Tinkerbell cartridge.

This is great, thank you! I'm pretty sure we have the Expression (it's my FMIL's cricut so I'm not really too sure). We have both the Mickey and Friends and the Happily Ever After, because I cannot for the life of me make up my mind if I want to do the Mickey head or the Cinderella Coach. I like the coach better, but I'm thinking that getting the wording on it is going to be much harder than the Mickey head. I already have a wording template for the Mickey, but not for the coach. AND, 2 of my bridesmaids said it looks more like a baby rattle than a coach, especially if you only use the "shadow" and not layer it or anything.

Could someone please PM me the Mickey shape template? I would really like to have these for my DCL wedding. TIA!!!

I want to thank everyone for all their help with these programs. Mine came out great, and I can't wait till my guests see them!!! :lovestruc

mickeyearsoutline.jpg

Is this what you guys need? This is what I used to make mine, and to make the ones for amyy

I've never tried to pm a word doc, but I can try. I did mine in photoshop.

You should be able to save the pic on your computer, then open word, import picture and then you've got it on there. Resize it to whatever you want. Right click on it and select the option that allows you to put the text over it (or through it - can't remember w/o actually doing it) and then your done.

It's easy. I'll try to help you if I can. I'll have to get on the other computer to try to send it to you since it's not saved on here.

You can also tell me what you want on it, and I can try to do it for you.

I've never tried to pm a word doc, but I can try. I did mine in photoshop.

You should be able to save the pic on your computer, then open word, import picture and then you've got it on there. Resize it to whatever you want. Right click on it and select the option that allows you to put the text over it (or through it - can't remember w/o actually doing it) and then your done.

It's easy. I'll try to help you if I can. I'll have to get on the other computer to try to send it to you since it's not saved on here.

You can also tell me what you want on it, and I can try to do it for you.

I also have Photoshop...so you can send it that way too! Thanks!!!

I have not finalized what I want on it yet...but thank you for the offer. I might need to take you up on it when the date gets closer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter