Muddy Buddy Training!

dpuck1998

<font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen
Ok, for the four of us running the muddy buddy (anyone else can toss in their two cents) but I thought it would be nice for the four of us to have thread to chat.

Paul, Are you doing anything different for this event? Your training is most likely advanced enough that you could run this thing tomorrow.

Dave, Guessing since your a runner then your mostly ready to go. Are you doing any strength training to prepare?

Aaron, Whats on your training agenda?

Me, I have a good friend that doesn't have a life and is my training partner. If you don't know I've lost about 40 lbs in the last year, but have always been "athletic" or at least played sports ;) I can stand running! I run because I have to run, but if I don't have some sort of ball in my hand then I will not run! Of course I am running to prepare and will try to work my way up to 4-5 miles before the event. I'm also lifting and started on the stationary bike. This week was the first big week for me that I started "training" I have been workout out before this, but started my "training" this week. Managed 4 days of working out, played basketball, football and some lite running and biking along with some weights.

Another question. I can get us shirts if everyone is okay with it. Just pick a color and let me know. Should we get 4 of the same color or should we get 2 different colors?

Hey Don, I must admit I'm not doing anything special to train for the Muddy Buddy. I'm actually shooting for a half marathon (maybe a full) on May 3rd in Pittsburgh (my old hometown). So I'm training for that. If I end up doing the full marathon in Pittsburgh, then I am going to be slow and in recovery mode for the Muddy Buddy the following week. If I only do the half marathon, then I'll be in good shape for the Muddy Buddy.

Congratulations on your weight loss. That is awesome! :worship: I'm in the same boat as you. I lost about 40+ pounds when I started running again (what I call my 3rd running incarnation) in January 2006. I had run in high school, stopped in college, run in grad school, stopped when I had kids and got a faculty position, and started up again in January 2006. My weight had shot up to over 200 lbs, and I was tired of being so out of shape. I told myself in January 2006 that I was going to run the full marathon at Disney in January 2007. I got myself up off the couch, started walking 2 miles a day, and worked myself up to finish the full marathon in 2007.

My exercise has now become a habit, and I've been going ever since.

Love the shirt idea. Personally, I would go for 4 matching shirts in as bright and loud of a color you can find. That way peole can see us in the crowd easily. I think, we would be lost among all the people in our white "DIS Unplugged" shirts.

I still need to find a bike.

Love the shirt idea. Personally, I would go for 4 matching shirts in as bright and loud of a color you can find. That way peole can see us in the crowd easily. I think, we would be lost among all the people in our white "DIS Unplugged" shirts.

I still need to find a bike.

As soon as Paul weighs in I'll get the shirts. I'll have then shipped to each of you so at some point I'll ask for your addresses. To wait and bring them to the event might be too much "stress"

Aaron, Whats on your training agenda?

Me, I have a good friend that doesn't have a life and is my training partner. If you don't know I've lost about 40 lbs in the last year, but have always been "athletic" or at least played sports ;) I can stand running! I run because I have to run, but if I don't have some sort of ball in my hand then I will not run! Of course I am running to prepare and will try to work my way up to 4-5 miles before the event. I'm also lifting and started on the stationary bike. This week was the first big week for me that I started "training" I have been workout out before this, but started my "training" this week. Managed 4 days of working out, played basketball, football and some lite running and biking along with some weights.

Another question. I can get us shirts if everyone is okay with it. Just pick a color and let me know. Should we get 4 of the same color or should we get 2 different colors?

Training Agenda = Cake!!! :lmao: In all seriousness...I haven't started yet, but getting outside will be key for me. I'd rather be outside running, walking, an exercising. Running, walking and exercising inside is difficult for me because I need a change of scenery, or at least it helps. For me it's all about the running. I can bike very well, but my running endurance is weak.

Like you Don I've lost a lot of weight, and I think it's going to make a huge difference in me participating in this race. Last May I ran in a 5K (3.1 miles) and had to walk at times, but I was 35 pounds heavier then and I trained very little.

As for the shirts I wouldn't mind different colors. Navy blue would be good for me so I don't stick out. I need to be as muted as possible. ;)

Training Agenda = Cake!!! :lmao: In all seriousness...I haven't started yet, but getting outside will be key for me. I'd rather be outside running, walking, an exercising. Running, walking and exercising inside is difficult for me because I need a change of scenery, or at least it helps. For me it's all about the running. I can bike very well, but my running endurance is weak.

Like you Don I've lost a lot of weight, and I think it's going to make a huge difference in me participating in this race. Last May I ran in a 5K (3.1 miles) and had to walk at times, but I was 35 pounds heavier then and I trained very little.

As for the shirts I wouldn't mind different colors. Navy blue would be good for me so I don't stick out. I need to be as muted as possible. ;)

Sounds like we are in the same boat Aaron :) We will just let Dave and Paul have the glory and we can get our moneys worth on the course! We will have more time to enjoy the scenery! :rotfl2:

No way, we need bright colors. Don't you want our cheering section to be able to see us?

Sounds like we are in the same boat Aaron :) We will just let Dave and Paul have the glory and we can get our moneys worth on the course! We will have more time to enjoy the scenery! :rotfl2:

Definately great scenery! Dave, Paul....We'll meet you guys at the finish line!

No way, we need bright colors. Don't you want our cheering section to be able to see us?

Only at the finish line Dave. :) I'll go with orange or green.

If there is anything I can do to help you all out please let me know. If you need to send anything ahead you could send it here.

I'm thinking seriously about doing this event...it sounds like an insanely fun time.

I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I like the fact there is a biking element to this race. Oh! And crawling through the mudd should be interesting.

If there is anything I can do to help you all out please let me know. If you need to send anything ahead you could send it here.

Thanks Kathy! :goodvibes

How are you guys getting your bikes and equipment down here?

The only thing stopping me and the wife from doing the event is that you have to have 2 bikes...and we currently have 0. We're runners and I wouldn't use a bike that much to warrant going out and buying one for the event.

I still need to figure out a bike for our team for the event. From what I've heard, the bike section is not really that critical because the biker needs to wait for the runner at the obstacles (at least the last obstacle). I'm thinking of getting a cheap bike from Wal Mart or Target, and then donating it to GKTW when I'm done. Of course, I haven't had time to look into any of this yet, but that's what I'm thinking.

I still need to figure out a bike for our team for the event. From what I've heard, the bike section is not really that critical because the biker needs to wait for the runner at the obstacles (at least the last obstacle). I'm thinking of getting a cheap bike from Wal Mart or Target, and then donating it to GKTW when I'm done. Of course, I haven't had time to look into any of this yet, but that's what I'm thinking.

Is it 1 bike or 2 for the team? Someone had told me earlier when I had talked to them about it that each person needed a bike, but I dunno how that would work. ALso with 1 bike my wife is like 10 inches shorter than I am so that would make for an interesting bike ride lol

Is it 1 bike or 2 for the team? Someone had told me earlier when I had talked to them about it that each person needed a bike, but I dunno how that would work. ALso with 1 bike my wife is like 10 inches shorter than I am so that would make for an interesting bike ride lol

1 bike per team. You leap frog each other. One person runs and the other bikes between obstacles.

Here's the link to the event info if you haven't seen it yet. It explains the race. :)
http://www.muddybuddy.com/events.php?id=1

As soon as Paul weighs in I'll get the shirts. I'll have then shipped to each of you so at some point I'll ask for your addresses. To wait and bring them to the event might be too much "stress"

4 matching shirts sounds good to me.

Whatever color you guys decide is fine, but I will be cutting the sleeves off. That's right Alicia, no sleeves! :rotfl2:

You know where we can get a bike?

Bike shipping costs... it looks like it would cost anywhere between $40 --> $70 to ship my bike from Rochester to Orlando.

I googled Orlando Bike Rental and found this...

http://www.orlandobikerental.com/bike_rentals.html
Hourly Bike Rentals are done right out of our
shop on the West Orange Trail. Starting out at
Mile Marker 0 at the shop, the trail stretches to the
northeast for 24 miles. Bike Rentals start at $6
per hour or $30 per Day.

All of our bikes are available for off-site rentals
also. We deliver our bikes to all area hotels and
resorts. To avoid the delivery charge, you can also
pick the bike up yourself. We will provide you with
a free bike rack so that you can transport the bike
anywhere you might want to go.

Maybe we could get one of those resort "Surrey Bikes"

Definately great scenery! Dave, Paul....We'll meet you guys at the finish line!

Only at the finish line Dave. :) I'll go with orange or green.

I think we are all going to be a nice shade of brown at the finish line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter