Muddy Buddy Training!

Good for you Chris. Congratulations! I'm trying to get back in the swing of exercising too. July wasn't a good month for me - running-wise, and I'm trying to get back in gear after getting back from vacation. I'm starting to think about races to run to get me motivated.

Don't be too hard on yourself Don. That surgery was a pretty major thing. Give yourself time to recover. You'll be back at it soon enough.

For some reason my shins have been bothering me again. I was intentionally resting my legs in July for them to heal up, but when I've started running again this week I have some pain and soreness. I'm going to take it easy by running a day, then biking a day. Hopefully it won't turn into anything major. I'm really hoping I don't have a stress fracture.

I am also hoping for you that it nothing major. I am also going to do the run on day bike one day thing.

Don, it will happen. Hey, it took me since May to get back to it. Those Disney cruises really relax you. :lmao:

Here hopping for you and Dave! :thumbsup2

Great work Chris! Keep up the training.

Puck...Hang in there. As long as you have the dedication (which I know you do) you can do it and you'll be back into the swing of things.

Dave, hope you are ok. Keep us posted.

Good for you Chris. Congratulations! I'm trying to get back in the swing of exercising too. July wasn't a good month for me - running-wise, and I'm trying to get back in gear after getting back from vacation. I'm starting to think about races to run to get me motivated.

Don't be too hard on yourself Don. That surgery was a pretty major thing. Give yourself time to recover. You'll be back at it soon enough.

For some reason my shins have been bothering me again. I was intentionally resting my legs in July for them to heal up, but when I've started running again this week I have some pain and soreness. I'm going to take it easy by running a day, then biking a day. Hopefully it won't turn into anything major. I'm really hoping I don't have a stress fracture.

Thanks Dave! I'm trying to convince myself that its okay to take a break and heal up.

I do find if I book races I'm much more motivated and keep with it. I have two more 5Ks booked for Sept.

Thanks Dave! I'm trying to convince myself that its okay to take a break and heal up.

I do find if I book races I'm much more motivated and keep with it. I have two more 5Ks booked for Sept.
Good for you Don. Yeah, it is sometimes hard for us to allow ourselves to take a break, but your body does need it. Good luck with the 5ks. My neighborhood park has cross-country races on Thursdays in August. I'm going to try to jump into one tomorrow.

Good Morning Buddies of Mud: I just wanted to jump in to say I've had a great week of exercise so far with out even running a step. I decided to give my shin/lower leg a lot of rest to heal up. So I've retreated to aqua-jogging in the pool. I call it swogging (for swim/jog), and also because it sounds kind of "pirate-y" pirate: . I swogged for 30 min M,T, and W, and yesterday I rode the exercise bike for 30 min for a change of pace. :thumbsup2 Hope everyone's doing well.

Good Morning Buddies of Mud: I just wanted to jump in to say I've had a great week of exercise so far with out even running a step. I decided to give my shin/lower leg a lot of rest to heal up. So I've retreated to aqua-jogging in the pool. I call it swogging (for swim/jog), and also because it sounds kind of "pirate-y" pirate: . I swogged for 30 min M,T, and W, and yesterday I rode the exercise bike for 30 min for a change of pace. :thumbsup2 Hope everyone's doing well.
:lmao: I like it Dave. Swogging sounds fun and easy on the joints. All you need is an eye patch and bandana and you're all set.

I've been hitting the gym quite a bit lately. I'm really seeing the results in my physical appearance and even how I feel. It's amazing what 2 or 3, 90 minute workouts can do. I've also got into the habit of doing push-ups and ab work during my lunch hour at work. It's good to get some exercise each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter