Muddy Buddy Training!

Brave man...Very Brave man! :)

Sergeant First Class...Is there anything I can do for you?

SIR, YES SIR!!!
icon_salut.gif

I got this Lunny!

Aaron, drop and give him 20! Have you learned nothing?

OK, I'm set, packed up, and the family is ready to go. We're catching a 7am flight tomorrow. Rest up mud mates - it's almost show time.

Dave...I'll call you when we land at MCO. Safe travels partner! :goodvibes

Alright, we are almost packed. We leave at 3pm. See you gys tonight.

Todd, can you meet me at WWoS before 7pm?

Just wanted to officially say on this thread - great job everyone, great job. I'm proud to have you all as teammates and friends. And the more I think about it, it's hard for me to make friends, and I would go through mud for you guys.

Just wanted to officially say on this thread - great job everyone, great job. I'm proud to have you all as teammates.

Thanks Dave! Ditto! Great Job guys, I want to say thanks, I really stepped up my training because of it and I feel that I'm in much better shape than I would have been otherwise. I owe that to this great group of fellas who I'm proud to call teammates also!

Hey Buddies: I'm resurrecting this thread. I few of you said that it helped keep you on track with exercising. So I thought if people wanted, we could keep in touch here. I've had a good week of training this week. I ran Mon, Tues, Wed, took a rest day yesterday, and I'm heading out now to run.

How's everyone else doing out there?

Hey Dave, I'm doing pretty good. Got in a couple of good workouts, a nice 10 mile bike ride and some core work. I haven't gotten back into the groove yet, but I'm hoping to get some running in this weekend.

I will get back in the groove when we get back form WDW.

We will be there 5/24 - 5/29. WOO HOO!

We're too excited to sleep! :thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

I haven't run since we've been home. To be honest if I had another race on the schedule other than the 2010 Muddy Buddy it would make me run more often, or at least feel like I should.

I've actually considered running the Expedition Everest Challenge 5K and scavenger hunt in late September. I love the Animal Kingdom and running in the park appeals to me a lot. It will really depend on work, family and other commitments.

I haven't run since we've been home. To be honest if I had another race on the schedule other than the 2010 Muddy Buddy it would make me run more often, or at least feel like I should.

I've actually considered running the Expedition Everest Challenge 5K and scavenger hunt in late September. I love the Animal Kingdom and running in the park appeals to me a lot. It will really depend on work, family and other commitments.

I'm going to run some local 5K's to keep me honest. Hopefully that will keep me motivated.

I always try to have a race I'm training for. My big race now is the Baltimore Marathon in October. Other races I have planned, are just "training runs" on the way to the Baltimore Marathon.

Aaron, you should find some local 5ks to run too to keep you motivated. Maybe you could meet up with Chris or even Don for a race. I've heard really good things about the Indy Mini Marathon (it's a half marathon and there's a 5k with it too), but I guess that's in early May so it won't help you now.

I ran the Expedition Everest Challenge last year (that's the picture of me in the Indy outfit). It was a blast. I really loved it. You can do it individually or in teams of 2. I did it by myself last year, and met up with some of my WISH friends. I said I thought it would be fun to do it with Maggie (because the minimum age is 11). The only thing holding me off signing up for it is the DL half marathon over Labor Day. I'm very curious what the DIS has planned for that weekend, and I'd like to go out for it.

I'm going to run some local 5K's to keep me honest. Hopefully that will keep me motivated.

I always try to have a race I'm training for. My big race now is the Baltimore Marathon in October. Other races I have planned, are just "training runs" on the way to the Baltimore Marathon.

Aaron, you should find some local 5ks to run too to keep you motivated. Maybe you could meet up with Chris or even Don for a race. I've heard really good things about the Indy Mini Marathon (it's a half marathon and there's a 5k with it too), but I guess that's in early May so it won't help you now.

I ran the Expedition Everest Challenge last year (that's the picture of me in the Indy outfit). It was a blast. I really loved it. You can do it individually or in teams of 2. I did it by myself last year, and met up with some of my WISH friends. I said I thought it would be fun to do it with Maggie (because the minimum age is 11). The only thing holding me off signing up for it is the DL half marathon over Labor Day. I'm very curious what the DIS has planned for that weekend, and I'd like to go out for it.
Thanks guys! I may look into the local 5Ks. You guys probably heard me mention about 50 times that I ran a 5K locally last year. Unfortunately, it's also in May. It was the same weekend as the Muddy Buddy. If they are on different weekends next year I'll probably plan on doing it.

I think most local communities offer 5K events throughout the year; except during the winter months (in the midwest and northeast).

By the way Dave...That Indy outfit and picture with Everest in the background is pretty cool. Did you have a rope on your belt?

By the way Dave...That Indy outfit and picture with Everest in the background is pretty cool. Did you have a rope on your belt?
It was an actual whip I had, and I had a satchel too (which became very irritating by the end of the 5k). The photo was actually taken by official Disney media, and I was in a PR photo. They caught me in a video too. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Here it is, I'm about 12 seconds in. You get the full view of my costume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtMsVxxhbv0

It's funny, after the race I had all these people asking me questions. It took me a while to realize they thought I was a castmember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter