Muddy Buddy Training!

Okay, so I have fallen off the Muddy Buddy training wagon. If I was Boot Camp they would have left me behind in the dust.

Anyway, I am going to start training again as I missed it and I need to prepare for the DISapalooza marathon with ADP. (Marathon here means hitting the parks from rope drop till closing.) Since Aaron can be an extreme guest at the parks I want to be ready.

I also want to run some more races and I need to training for that too.

Who is with me? :thumbsup2

Okay, so I have fallen off the Muddy Buddy training wagon. If I was Boot Camp they would have left me behind in the dust.

Anyway, I am going to start training again as I missed it and I need to prepare for the DISapalooza marathon with ADP. (Marathon here means hitting the parks from rope drop till closing.) Since Aaron can be an extreme guest at the parks I want to be ready.

I'm with you. Training for a 5K right now. Its in two weeks...:scared1: I think I'm ready though, I'm running with my wife so it should be a nice slow pace.

I plan to sign up for a muddy buddy in det or chicago at some point. Of course I will be signing up for the one in Orlando also next year. My goal is to work my way up to 10K/Half Marathon...no desire for marathon level at this point.

I'm with you. Training for a 5K right now. Its in two weeks...:scared1: I think I'm ready though, I'm running with my wife so it should be a nice slow pace.

I plan to sign up for a muddy buddy in det or chicago at some point. Of course I will be signing up for the one in Orlando also next year. My goal is to work my way up to 10K/Half Marathon...no desire for marathon level at this point.
I actually think the half marathon is almost a perfect distance. It's long enough that you really need to train, and you feel that you accomplished something by finishing it. However, it doesn't break down your body or require as much training time as a full marathon does. I know of a half marathon in January that some people may be running... ;)

I don't know why I popped into this thread today, since I've never read it before, but I had to laugh because I just registered for the Baltimore Marathon this weekend.

Funny, that you are training for it too!

I've never run Baltimore but I've heard good things about this race. My friend is running Baltimore as her first marathon and she's petrified and excited about it all at the same time. When I was rejected from the NYC lottery I decided to join her in Baltimore.

I'd also like to second your comments that the 1/2 is the perfect distance. I still do marathons but I really, really love the half.

Good luck with the training plans, everybody!

I actually think the half marathon is almost a perfect distance. It's long enough that you really need to train, and you feel that you accomplished something by finishing it. However, it doesn't break down your body or require as much training time as a full marathon does. I know of a half marathon in January that some people may be running... ;)
I've fallen off too. The commando park touring thing (which I don't do as much anymore :)) does help you prepare for walking a 5K or half marathon, but running is totaly different. :upsidedow

For me personally, a 5K would be just fine. I have a bit of nervousness thinking about preparing for a half marathon. I'm sort of intimidated by the 13.1 mile distance I guess. :rolleyes:

I've fallen off too. The commando park touring thing (which I don't do as much anymore :)) does help you prepare for walking a 5K or half marathon, but running is totaly different. :upsidedow

You toured the parks without underwear? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I hope that is a thing of the past. :lmao:

You toured the parks without underwear? :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I hope that is a thing of the past. :lmao:

Why do you think Aaron was so quick getting through the mud pit? He was afraid someone would pull down his shorts...

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's true. He was through there so fast, I almost lost sight of him.
Touring the parks without underwear??!! :eek: That might create a problem with friction.

If you guys would have got my shorts....Lord help you. :upsidedow

Touring the parks without underwear??!! :eek: That might create a problem with friction.

If you guys would have got my shirts....Lord help you. :upsidedow

I was having so much fun that I forgot about the mud pit goals. Not next time.

IT IS ON!!!!!

I hope you guys don't mind me bumping this thread back to the top. The Muddy Buddy was a BIG inspiration to me and my family so I figured I'd post this here.

I've started more intense training this past week. I did a core workout today that kicked my behind "8 ways to Sunday". I'm doing the core workouts at home since I don't need to be at the gym for it.

Kim and I went for a long, fast-paced walk tonight; which was really nice because we rarely have a chance to exercise together.

Gym workouts will be Tuesday and Thursday this week with 2 mile runs in between days.

Feel free to join in the discussion if you wish to try and get into shape, motivate yourself, or provide training and exercise tips. :)

I hope you guys don't mind me bumping this thread back to the top. The Muddy Buddy was a BIG inspiration to me and my family so I figured I'd post this here.

I've started more intense training this past week. I did a core workout today that kicked my behind "8 ways to Sunday". I'm doing the core workouts at home since I don't need to be at the gym for it.

Kim and I went for a long, fast-paced walk tonight; which was really nice because we rarely have a chance to exercise together.

Gym workouts will be Tuesday and Thursday this week with 2 mile runs in between days.

Feel free to join in the discussion if you wish to try and get into shape, motivate yourself, or provide training and exercise tips. :)

Awesome Aaron! I've been struggling this week. I did a 10 mile bike ride yesterday, but have been scared to run since Weds. I'm going to run 3 miles tomorrow and see how it goes and get back to some solid workouts.

What are you doing for core work? A good strong core is key to every other exercise. When you hit the gym try to find a way to do more dumbbells and free weights.

Awesome Aaron! I've been struggling this week. I did a 10 mile bike ride yesterday, but have been scared to run since Weds. I'm going to run 3 miles tomorrow and see how it goes and get back to some solid workouts.

What are you doing for core work? A good strong core is key to every other exercise. When you hit the gym try to find a way to do more dumbbells and free weights.
Here were some of the core workout routines I did today.
Plank with Diagonal Arm Lift
Single-Leg Lowering
Glute-Bridge March

I did lift free weights during my second workout of the week. I'm going to start lifting more free weights until my body tells me otherwise.

Woo Hoo!

Well, I got my self out of bed this morning and stared doing my workouts again after two months of laying around the house.

I feel good, and I am ready to work towards another goal.

I need to figure out what that is...

I just wanted to say kudos to you guys for keeping up with the workouts and training. I need to get my butt in gear this week.

Got a good upper body and ab workout in tonight. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
I'm hoping I can get out and run a few miles tomorrow night.

Okay so I did a lot of cardio last night.

I mowed the lawn and did my cardio workout after that.

Sore today, but feeling good.

Hopefully, I can start running again soon.

It's official!

Crazydisneyman is back on track. Today I got up and completed my lifting workout and I ran 1 mile.

It felt really good to be back in the swing of things. I am excited about exercising again, and I can't wait for my next race. :cool1:

It's official!

Crazydisneyman is back on track. Today I got up and completed my lifting workout and I ran 1 mile.

It felt really good to be back in the swing of things. I am excited about exercising again, and I can't wait for my next race. :cool1:

I'm bummed. I haven't been back on track since my surgery and still struggling. I'm giving myself till Monday to start up again. Good work Chris!!

It's official!

Good for you Chris. Congratulations! I'm trying to get back in the swing of exercising too. July wasn't a good month for me - running-wise, and I'm trying to get back in gear after getting back from vacation. I'm starting to think about races to run to get me motivated.

I'm bummed. I haven't been back on track since my surgery and still struggling. I'm giving myself till Monday to start up again. Good work Chris!!
Don't be too hard on yourself Don. That surgery was a pretty major thing. Give yourself time to recover. You'll be back at it soon enough.

For some reason my shins have been bothering me again. I was intentionally resting my legs in July for them to heal up, but when I've started running again this week I have some pain and soreness. I'm going to take it easy by running a day, then biking a day. Hopefully it won't turn into anything major. I'm really hoping I don't have a stress fracture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter