My clipboards

We did the cool clipboards and tags last September. The kids got a lot of attention. If I had made extra, I could have made a fortune -- assuming I didn't get kicked out the parks that is. I'm sure that is not allowed.

I was thinking of Mickey heads and pretty ribbons on a jump ring. I do need to get moving on this.

someone said they did icons from the disney carts and mickey heads. that would be cool!!!! i would love to do that and i have a whole year to do it, but it's pretty ambitous! and then you have to think about where you are and what tag you need.....

someone said they did icons from the disney carts and mickey heads. that would be cool!!!! i would love to do that and i have a whole year to do it, but it's pretty ambitous! and then you have to think about where you are and what tag you need.....

2 trips ago, I brought completed 8x8 pages with a spot for a photo to be added and a tag for signing. I think I had around 50 pages for 2 kids each.
I brought extra tags for the characters I didn't have pages for. Yes, I did have to know where we were going and who we would be likely to meet. But I like to plan out our trips, so that wasn't a big deal. We like to character hunt, so I had a good idea of who to meet and when and where. It took both DH and I to manage the pages, clipboard, pens, photos and kids and tell the character where to sign. It was a lot of work, but the end result was awesome!

wow susan that is just a ton of work. i'm sure it's worth it now. your kids will be glad you did it!:worship:

2 trips ago, I brought completed 8x8 pages with a spot for a photo to be added and a tag for signing. I think I had around 50 pages for 2 kids each.
I brought extra tags for the characters I didn't have pages for. Yes, I did have to know where we were going and who we would be likely to meet. But I like to plan out our trips, so that wasn't a big deal. We like to character hunt, so I had a good idea of who to meet and when and where. It took both DH and I to manage the pages, clipboard, pens, photos and kids and tell the character where to sign. It was a lot of work, but the end result was awesome!

I've heard of people doing that too, or with unfinished pages, but then you run into 'problem' if the character doesn't sign in the 'right' place or right direction....

My Eldest informed TODAY that he wants to get autographs and not just pictures this time.
When am I going to have time to make icon tags? Doesn't this child know I have swaps to make??

Did someone here make just regular tags on the Cricut? What size works best? I may just whip up some of those in different colors.

My Eldest informed TODAY that he wants to get autographs and not just pictures this time.
When am I going to have time to make icon tags? Doesn't this child know I have swaps to make??

Did someone here make just regular tags on the Cricut? What size works best? I may just whip up some of those in different colors.

I did! Last September we made clipboards from Buffy's class and I cut 5 inch scalloped tags from the TBBM cart. Some with holes, some with ribbon slots for variety. I also cut some of the Mickey license plates. I did all of thm in white. I figured I could use colors for the shadows. 5 inches was plenty big enough.

As I said, we are character hunters and we do many character meals -- I think 8 last time. DD wants an autograph every time -- doesn't matter if she met Mickey yesterday. She'll take the autograph again today. DS wanted them less than half the time and he didn't even to bother to meet with a lot of them. Little DS only got autographs I wanted for his book. I took around 200 tags -- sounds crazy doesn't it? We used around 150 of them.

Holy cow! 150!! How long was your trip?

12 days and we went to MNSSHP twice. At one MNSSHP DD met Alice, Mr Walrus, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Tarzan, Terk, Jane, Genie and Abu, Snow WHite & the 7 dwarves (the dwarves didn't sign), Minnie, Mickey, Jessie & Bullseye, Maleficient, Evil Queen, Cruella, Frollo?, Queen of Hearts, Jafar, Capt Hook others too. Meeting characters is a planned event for us. I find out who, where and when and plan it into the day. Plus like I said, they want to meet them over and over again. So Buzz in the morning and later in the afternoon sometimes. At first it bothered me -- but I am not there for me. So if they want to see Buzz twice fine. Now DD wants to meet some "rare" characters -- she is dying to meet Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Meg from Hercules. Herc himself too. I don't think it is too likely.

awm- i did the sizzix tags and put them on a jump ring. i worked out good for us. and i loved using the colors that matched the character. the we used blue jean for woody, red for lilo, blue for stitch...... some of the face characters even commented on how great it was that the color matched. the ugly step sisters made such a big deal out of it, calling other tourist over to see how the tag matched their dresses. john is still talking about that night!
NOW my only hope is that i can someday find the time to scrap those pics!!!!

12 days and we went to MNSSHP twice. At one MNSSHP DD met Alice, Mr Walrus, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Tarzan, Terk, Jane, Genie and Abu, Snow WHite & the 7 dwarves (the dwarves didn't sign), Minnie, Mickey, Jessie & Bullseye, Maleficient, Evil Queen, Cruella, Frollo?, Queen of Hearts, Jafar, Capt Hook others too. Meeting characters is a planned event for us. I find out who, where and when and plan it into the day. Plus like I said, they want to meet them over and over again. So Buzz in the morning and later in the afternoon sometimes. At first it bothered me -- but I am not there for me. So if they want to see Buzz twice fine. Now DD wants to meet some "rare" characters -- she is dying to meet Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame and Meg from Hercules. Herc himself too. I don't think it is too likely.

Maybe you'll get picked for a dream. I've read of stories where people are asked who they would like to meet and then a few hours later they go to a special location and Viola! there is their character.
I would pick Jack. The other Jack. Jack Skelleton or Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.

I did! Last September we made clipboards from Buffy's class and I cut 5 inch scalloped tags from the TBBM cart. Some with holes, some with ribbon slots for variety. I also cut some of the Mickey license plates. I did all of thm in white. I figured I could use colors for the shadows. 5 inches was plenty big enough.

As I said, we are character hunters and we do many character meals -- I think 8 last time. DD wants an autograph every time -- doesn't matter if she met Mickey yesterday. She'll take the autograph again today. DS wanted them less than half the time and he didn't even to bother to meet with a lot of them. Little DS only got autographs I wanted for his book. I took around 200 tags -- sounds crazy doesn't it? We used around 150 of them.

awm- i did the sizzix tags and put them on a jump ring. i worked out good for us. and i loved using the colors that matched the character. the we used blue jean for woody, red for lilo, blue for stitch...... some of the face characters even commented on how great it was that the color matched. the ugly step sisters made such a big deal out of it, calling other tourist over to see how the tag matched their dresses. john is still talking about that night!
NOW my only hope is that i can someday find the time to scrap those pics!!!!

Thanks guys. Do do have some denim paper and enough leftover cardstock big enough to make lots of tags. It'll take a little longer that way they putting on new cardstock, but I need to use up that stuff.
I thought about use the Mickey & Friends tag, but with my luck all the corners would get torn. I think I'll stick with scallop edges.
:) Thanks again.

I used a mixture of tags from all the carts.. and I put everything in a a small rectangular tote (like lunch box size) didn't weigh but nothin'.. I also put our retractable markers in it... than in a small backpack that DD carried.. it had the 3 small clipboards and the rectangular tote w/ the tags & markers. The characters loved it... especially donald and goofy because they were highlights on each of my Dsons.... DD said it wasn't heavy at all and she didn't even notice the weight... I did take some regular white card stock cut into rectangle too for "OMG! I would never have expected to see"... WE used all but 3 of the tags I took... and we came home with a plutheria of autographs... plus the tags never got bent or wet in the tote thing!!!

For those of you that used the colored tags and matched with the character, was that a big pain in the butt? It seems like it would be time consuming?
This is my first time doing the autograph thing---

No, while the kids were waiting in line... we grabbed the coordinating color.. put them on the clipboards and by the time it was our turn we were ready to go.. it was no problem at all.. but then again.. my babies are 14, 12 & 7... of course DH was the worst.. now are you sure you want that color? LOL

the color tags was not a big deal for us either. i loved that fact the the tags matched the color. a couple of weeks before we went, my dh, ds and i went to michaels to brainstorm of what colors we would need. we got the perfect ariel color, the perfect colors for LTT dinner we did. the 3 of us were in mike's and all shouting out characters and looking for the perfect color!!!! omg we had more fun doing that, really. now the only problem we had was we differ on snow white! dh and i still argue over that one!:rotfl:
just curious what color would you use for her??????
please pick my color so i can show up dh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter