My unpopular opion

I want to see toy story 4 but lion king remake I feel blah about. Something about it trying to be real when its really fake is like meh for me.
Totally. I don`t get how something that is 100% CGI can be considered a live action version of a cartoon. The Lion King was super-special to DH and me; he took me to it at a locally-iconic old theater that no longer exists, on one of our first dates. I`m almost afraid to go to this version, not wanting to sully those memories.
DD was born in 1994 and Toy Story came out in '95. All of the sequels followed where she was in life. She had tears flowing in Toy Story 3- not sobbing but when I looked over she was wiping her face. She was a Jr in HS and would soon be going away to college like Andy and leaving home.

We'll probably see TS4 but like others may wait until we can watch at home.
It was me that was weeping at TS-3; my DS was 12 then and the whole idea of Andy outgrowing the toys hit me right in the feels. :sad: He`s 22 now and we`re looking forward to seeing TS-4 together next weekend. :goodvibes

Totally. I don`t get how something that is 100% CGI can be considered a live action version of a cartoon. The Lion King was super-special to DH and me; he took me to it at a locally-iconic old theater that no longer exists, on one of our first dates. I`m almost afraid to go to this version, not wanting to sully those memories.

Actually, Disney does not claim Lion King (2019) to be "live action." It is a little different than traditional animation though as it uses motion capture technology. It is similar to Jungle Book, except that had one live-action character in it, but all scenes were filmed with the actors present and interacting. It's still animated, but a little more akin to how they make a lot of video games these days. I think "MoCap" should be a category of it's own really.

I agree that TS 3 wrapped up the Andy story line really well (I thought TS 3 was probably the best of the three movies). That being said, I'm still looking forward to seeing TS 4. I just like the franchise, so I'll be going to the theaters are some point.

I am very excited to see it, but maybe mine is actually the unpopular opinion LOL. Critics sure do love it!

Saw the first with my daughter and will see #4 with my grandson :lovestruc
Just a sweet franchise with wonderful characters.

I have no desire to see it. My teenagers have no desire to see it. My youngest wants to see everything.

I agree that the third movie wrapped it up nicely. The shorts were a cute way to continue with the characters.

For me, it's also that there is so much focus on these new characters. And I didn't just fall in love with Woody and Buzz. Rex, Slink, the Potato Heads, Hamm, JESSE, Bullseye, the green Aliens, RC, Andy, etc.--those characters are just as important to me.

I don't! want to see it either. I don't tend to like sequels so I usually avoid them no matter how good they are.

I actually found #3 sad, but I'm still excited for #4. Hmmm...now I just have to borrow a friend's kid to go watch it. :rotfl2:

DD was born in 1994 and Toy Story came out in '95. All of the sequels followed where she was in life. She had tears flowing in Toy Story 3- not sobbing but when I looked over she was wiping her face. She was a Jr in HS and would soon be going away to college like Andy and leaving home.

We'll probably see TS4 but like others may wait until we can watch at home.

We bought the first one for Christmas when my middle dd was 1 that year it came out. That child took to that movie like a duck to water. She would slap the tv and say "buh, woowey". Some of her very first words. Side note: I have a very cute picture of her with Woodey on her high school graduation trip. I told Woody the story and he must of hugged her for at least 5 minutes :) Anyway....The third one came out when my oldest was graduating high school and it was really hard to watch. It was my first experience with a major milestone and the movie was just too sad and I hated it! Don't make me feel these feels!!!

I wonder if there’ll be any backlash from the “Tim Allen is a racist controversy “ from last week. I haven’t really heard anything since the original dustup which I guess is a good sign.

I was done at the original...same with Cars. I loved them both, but not every movie needs a sequel.
Lol, the Toy Story franchise, all 4 movies, is the most highly rated movie franchise in the history of cinema. Movies that don’t need sequels are movies where the sequels are terrible. In Toy Story’s case, that could not be further from the truth. They obviously have plenty of good stories left to tell.

I'm with ya, OP - no interest in Toy Story 4 but I am excited about the Lion King remake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter