My unpopular opion

Lol, the Toy Story franchise, all 4 movies, is the most highly rated movie franchise in the history of cinema. Movies that don’t need sequels are movies where the sequels are terrible. In Toy Story’s case, that could not be further from the truth. They obviously have plenty of good stories left to tell.

Do you have a source for that? Of the top of my head, I'm thinking Star Wars, James Bond, Harry Potter...

Do you have a source for that? Of the top of my head, I'm thinking Star Wars, James Bond, Harry Potter...

The Rotten Tomatoes scores, for whatever they're worth, for the Toy Story Franchise:

Toy Story: 100%
Toy Story 2: 100%
Toy Story 3 98% (Whaaaa!)
Toy Story 4: 98% (just went down from 100%)

I don't know if that's the best ever, but it's hard to imagine it isn't. Actually, if you look at Pixar as a whole, it is scary how high their ratings are. I think only Cars 2 has a "rotten" score.

Last edited:
Look at Rottentomatoes. Each toy story movie is 100% or at the very least high 90s. Lowest maybe 97%. Every one of those franchises you quoted off the top of your head has had poorly reviewed movies. I know Potter did, the movies were not nearly what they could have been. Star Wars, are you serious? Not even Return of the Jedi from the OT wasn’t considered stellar. James BOND? lol! I’m talking critical acclaim. Toy Story is the highest rated. I don’t need to give you my sources, this isn’t graduate school. Rottentomatoes has been compiling critics reviews for years.

We see a lot of movies (I love AMC Stubs....we do the $5 late morning matinees and always are earning free movies and stuff so it is really reasonable for us to go to the movies). Already have our Toy Story 4 tickets and can't wait for Lion King!

I'm of the camp that the first 3 wrapped up the Andy storyline and the shorts and now 4 are the Bonnie storyline. I don't see a problem with it continuing as long as they have a good story.

I actually found #3 sad, but I'm still excited for #4. Hmmm...now I just have to borrow a friend's kid to go watch it. :rotfl2:
We went last night (DS 22 and I). Toy Story was such a huge part of his childhood there's no way I was missing this. It was good but not near as good as the first 3. It just lacked "something" that the others had in terms of being emotionally engaging. There weren't a lot of laugh-out-loud lines from the toys or an edge-of-your-seat exciting plotline. There was also no musical numbers or sound track and for me, that would have helped.

This surprises me just because the early reviews were raves, but I hold your opinions in high regard, ron.
:goodvibes Don't get me wrong; it was fine and most of today's kids weren't even born when 3 came out, let alone the original. They will thoroughly enjoy it. What it actually reminds me of though is some of those animated tv series that spun-off from Disney classic movies. Just sort of light-weight, compared to the earlier movies.

We went last night (DS 22 and I). Toy Story was such a huge part of his childhood there's no way I was missing this. It was good but not near as good as the first 3. It just lacked "something" that the others had in terms of being emotionally engaging. There weren't a lot of laugh-out-loud lines from the toys or an edge-of-your-seat exciting plotline. There was also no musical numbers or sound track and for me, that would have helped.

I agree with this. It was a cute movie, but I didn’t love it as much as the first 3. Toy Story was a part of my kids childhood and we have emotional attachments to Buzz and Woody. I liked the ending of Toy Story 3, and I didn’t care for the ending of this one.

:goodvibes Don't get me wrong; it was fine and most of today's kids weren't even born when 3 came out, let alone the original. They will thoroughly enjoy it. What it actually reminds me of though is some of those animated tv series that spun-off from Disney classic movies. Just sort of light-weight, compared to the earlier movies.

Really bad timing for that comment I am already feeling old as my parents and fb keep reminding me my my birthday is Thursday I will be 34 oh and my doctors comments how I am no longer a spring chicken when my mom commented on how long it took me to recover from surgery

I saw it yesterday, and thought it was very well done; however, it isn't on the same level as the first three. I'll still go see it again.

I saw it yesterday, and thought it was very well done; however, it isn't on the same level as the first three. I'll still go see it again.

I read the reviews on rotten tomatoes and the message sounds good I wish it would have come out when I was looking for my place in this world I definitely encourage those who have kids that are too young to remember the previous 3 to see this one

We took the grandsons this morning 4 and 6. I thought the animation was great. Not a lot of laugh out loud moments. The 6 year old totally got the end. Told his Dad exactly what Woody did and why.

There were a lot of laugh out loud moments I thought but I didn’t think it had the emotional heft of 3. I was a bloody mess at the end of 3.

I also don’t think they’re done. I can’t shake the feeling Woody’s story ends with Andy again, with Andy’s kids.

We saw the 'preview'at HS which was the first 15 minutes of the movie. Then took the kids today for my oldest twos birthday. Seeing the movie really explained why Woody now meets with Bo Peep which I thought was strange when we were there. I think they also set it up to continue on with their story.

I saw it this weekend with my 23yo son. We loved it, and the entire theater of adults loved it. The few children in the audience were hysterically laughing. It was a fun time. The comment my son made as we were leaving, " That was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time."

Andy is gone...all growed up. TS 3 wrapped up Andy's story line. TS 4 is about Bonnie, the little girl who got all of Andy's toys. So, technically, if we want to follow all of the kids that inherit Buzz, Woody and the gang, the TS franchise could go on forever.

If you decide not to see it based on your opinion that TS 3 wrapped up nicely, you are depriving yourself of a fun, heartwarming, entertaining movie. I will say, the ending SHOCKED me and made me cry. So there's that. Also, if you do see it, make sure you sit through the entire end credits. There are a few mid credit scenes, but a little scene at the absolute end that will make you happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter