Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

The Job Offer

So my mom and I walked up to front desk to get our questions squared away. My mom asked the guy how much it would cost to upgrade our park hopper tickets a day, and he just shrugged and said, "$10 and some change".

So she looked and me with one of those classic mother "you better take care of me in my old age" looks and said, "okay, we'd like to upgrade both of our tickets".

It took like 5 minutes to get that squared away, and throughout the whole process I was just standing there like:

giphy.gif

I couldn't believe it. I WAS OFF TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM ON MY FIRST NIGHT!

I've never gone to a park on the first night. Ever. I love to get to the Magic Kingdom bright and early my first morning and go from there. It's pure satisfaction to me. But this trip? This trip, our road to the vacation was bumpy and we had just finished up the longest week ever. It was time to return to my true home. Mom and I couldn't wait another 12 hours. We had to see the castle, and we had to see it now.

After that was squared away, we went off on the first boat to MK we could catch!

IMG_2128_zpsyucsutrh.jpg

This was also my first trip on the Mermaid I!

And in no time at all, we had arrived!

IMG_2133_zps0duoey4z.jpg

IMG_2136_zpshyuthx7i.jpg

So where did we head first? My mother's favorite ride, where grim, grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

IMG_2139_zpstnka59uj.jpg

IMG_2141_zpsgfsyucto.jpg

IMG_2145_zpsoslzy42h.jpg

The wait wasn't bad. It definitely wasn't 35 minutes. Although 5 minutes into it, a boy in front of us invited his family, a party of 8, to just cut everyone. And they were really loud. And took up a lot of space.

The ride itself was naturally perfect, as the HM tends to be ;) we got a hitch-hiking ghost who made my head disappear. It was tons of fun and the perfect way to start our time at the parks.

When we got off the ride, it was around 8:30. Which meant in 15 minutes, a pair of royals would be meeting in Liberty Square who I'd been meaning to meet for a while...

IMG_2152_zpsfr0g8r7o.jpg

Any guesses? ;)

IMG_2147_zpsfvdkf7zz.jpg

How about now?

IMG_2148_zpsalobzqsi.jpg

Yes! Tiana and her beloved former frog prince, Naveen.

We did get to the meet and greet 15 minutes early, and then had to wait another 20 minutes since the line was considerably long already. So we were waiting for a pretty good time, but it still wasn't awful. Especially since the Heritage House had air conditioning.

I'm going to digress a little bit just to put in my two cents on the Heritage House being home to the M&G. I know it's only supposed to be temporary while construction is going on near their outdoor M&G, but I can definitely see it becoming a permanent place, considering the Heritage House currently isn't doing anything. However, it needs to be renovated. It's pretty obvious that it used to be a gift shop. Gut it, repaint it, and boom. One of MK's most popular meet and greets has an air-conditioned place to call home.

Anywho! These two greeted me by calling me princess and encouraging me to hop on over.

IMG_2151_zpspkrwl43o.jpg

(obviously that's not me in this photo. Sorry! I just don't have many photos from this M&G!)

Firstly, I gushed over Tiana's dress. It's literally my favorite princess dress in the whole parks. It's so pretty. And I told them that I loved their movie. There was this awkward moment between us when Naveen was talking about when Tiana had all these warts when she was a frog in the movie and she gave him a sassy eye roll and I was just kinda standing there like "..." but then Naveen, in his cute little French accent which NEEDS to be heard in person to be fully appreciated, asked about my buttons. One was the Rapunzel Parkbound button that said "Best Day Ever!" and the other was my "I'm Celebrating!" button. As I went to show them to him, pop! The "I'm Celebrating!" one came right off. The pin was a little wonky, and I was afraid it was going to happen, but he picked it up right away... and then this happened.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7425595018_zpst5oalj0n.jpg

We bought Memory Maker a few days in advance, so I had to buy this print. That's right, I spent an additional $15 on this photo- in ADDITION to the $169 the memory maker cost us- because I love it so damn much.

Seriously, I love those two. So then he asked me what I was celebrating, and I told him that I graduated high school. Tiana congratulated me, then Naveen asked me if I'd like a job at Tiana's Place. It was my first ever job offer and I can't wait to start working for them. You know, if they ever open up a New York City location :rotfl:

Alas, all good things come to an end, so we took some pictures after that iconic moment. They gave me some hugs and thanked me so much for coming to see them. It was a very fun time with them and I'm proud to call it my first character interaction of the trip.

IMG_2153_zpsiuzddz1k.jpg

IMG_2158_zps79n7zlt3.jpg

IMG_2159_zpsecm0qgom.jpg

Then we exited the building to our left to see where our next adventure would take us that evening!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
YAAAAYYY!!! YOU WENT TO MK YOUR FIRST NIGHT! party:

Really though, it was gonna happen on one of your trips. I mean, I can't not see myself arriving at Disney then just sitting in my resort room or not going to a park. It's hit the ground running and I'm sure you feel the same way now haha

:thumbsup2 to your first ride choice because Haunted Mansion. :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost: Your mom has great taste in attractions btw :teeth:

OMG and then you meet TIANA AND NAVEEN! You literally just got my ideal night at a Disney park on your first night of your graduation trip. Like I'm actually envious right now and I want your life. Especially since Naveen got one knee to hand back your button. I mean, WHAT?!?! And that M&G does look fantastic! I loved the little outdoor area because it was so tucked away nobody really visited it (meaning more Tiana and Naveen love for me), but the details they added for this. HECK YAAASSS THAT SHOULD BE PERMANENT!!! And they need to get on making a Tiana's Place restaurant too while they're at it. :) :) :)

Can't wait to hear how amazingly the rest of your night went, considering your first two stops were EN-POINTE! :mickeyjum

YAAAAYYY!!! YOU WENT TO MK YOUR FIRST NIGHT! party:

Really though, it was gonna happen on one of your trips. I mean, I can't not see myself arriving at Disney then just sitting in my resort room or not going to a park. It's hit the ground running and I'm sure you feel the same way now haha

:thumbsup2 to your first ride choice because Haunted Mansion. :hmghost: :hmghost: :hmghost: Your mom has great taste in attractions btw :teeth:

OMG and then you meet TIANA AND NAVEEN! You literally just got my ideal night at a Disney park on your first night of your graduation trip. Like I'm actually envious right now and I want your life. Especially since Naveen got one knee to hand back your button. I mean, WHAT?!?! And that M&G does look fantastic! I loved the little outdoor area because it was so tucked away nobody really visited it (meaning more Tiana and Naveen love for me), but the details they added for this. HECK YAAASSS THAT SHOULD BE PERMANENT!!! And they need to get on making a Tiana's Place restaurant too while they're at it. :) :) :)

Can't wait to hear how amazingly the rest of your night went, considering your first two stops were EN-POINTE! :mickeyjum

YAAAAY!!! pixiedust:

Honestly, now that you've said that, you're really right. It's just that usually, my family arrives so late in the day that to buy another park ticket would be a waste because we'd only be there for a few hours. But like, when I finally do trips solo/with friends who are as hardcore about Disney as I am, and I can catch an early flight to WDW, I'll probably start doing more parks on arrival day. It's just a matter of time before I start trips by plopping my bags down on my bed and catching the monorail over to MK. :rotfl:

Hmm. I didn't know you liked the Haunted Mansion. ... ;)

OMG!!! Stop!!! Don't be envious of my life, be envious of your future life because once you do your DCP (which I'm assuming is going to be soon) you're going to have the best time ever and this TR will be baloney. But really, the Tiana and Naveen M&G is too much fun no matter where it is and YES the HH needs to be their permanent M&G spot and YES!!!! To a Tiana's Palce restaurant!!!

I'll probably write the next chapter tomorrow. I'll warn you though, it was a pretty anticlimactic evening after Tiana and Naveen :rotfl:

What a fun way to start off your trip! You have a great knack for storytelling. Just the right amount of everything!

Nice! Glad you made it to the magic kingdom with your mom. Fabulous photos and character experience with Tiana & Naveen. :shamrock:

Yay happy to hear you went to MK!! Haunted Mansion is a great way to start the night! And your meet with Tiana & Naveen sounds awesome, love the photos! :)

Tiana and Naveen are. the. BEST!!

We had different "friends" than yours, but honestly, aside from Gaston, it was the best character interaction I've ever had. DH and I honeymooned in New Orleans, and we talked about that, and the food...X had a Kermit the Frog shirt on and Tiana bent over and puckered up like she was going to kiss it and Naveen told her not to have another of her "little incidents".
I'll never forget it. They were perfect, and I agree with you 100% - her dress is the prettiest!!
I love how they have it set up in there with the photos from the movie, too cute! *sigh* I"m sad we didn't go back and meet them again this trip :sad:

Your pictures at the Mansion are great!

:flower1:We have 40 days till we leave .How can you add a day for 10.65???? What kind of tickets did you have?

What a fun way to start off your trip! You have a great knack for storytelling. Just the right amount of everything!

Aww, shucks! Thank you! :blush:

Nice! Glad you made it to the magic kingdom with your mom. Fabulous photos and character experience with Tiana & Naveen. :shamrock:

I'm glad we made it, too! They were fun to talk to!

Yay happy to hear you went to MK!! Haunted Mansion is a great way to start the night! And your meet with Tiana & Naveen sounds awesome, love the photos! :)

YAY! To my mom, HM is the ONLY way to start a night, LOL! We had a fun time meeting the pair!

Tiana and Naveen are. the. BEST!!

We had different "friends" than yours, but honestly, aside from Gaston, it was the best character interaction I've ever had. DH and I honeymooned in New Orleans, and we talked about that, and the food...X had a Kermit the Frog shirt on and Tiana bent over and puckered up like she was going to kiss it and Naveen told her not to have another of her "little incidents".
I'll never forget it. They were perfect, and I agree with you 100% - her dress is the prettiest!!
I love how they have it set up in there with the photos from the movie, too cute! *sigh* I"m sad we didn't go back and meet them again this trip :sad:

Your pictures at the Mansion are great!

THEY'RE AMAZING!!! They're really the sweetest and most personable pair of royals at WDW.

Thanks! Haha, getting good shots of the castle was hard. The park was a lil crazy that night!

:flower1:We have 40 days till we leave .How can you add a day for 10.65???? What kind of tickets did you have?

Hi there!

My family had Park Hopper tickets. I'm not sure what the flat rate is, or how much up to 6 days would cost you, but at 7 days and after, it becomes just $10.65 a day per person to add more. I'm no expert, so if you think this deal would apply to you, I recommend calling Disney :)

I LOVE these. I'd have to buy them all.

I wanted to!!! Alas, I had limited funds. So sad.

So she looked and me with one of those classic mother "you better take care of me in my old age" looks and said, "okay, we'd like to upgrade both of our tickets".

It took like 5 minutes to get that squared away, and throughout the whole process I was just standing there like:

This is totally the type of thing that would happen with my oldest DD and me!

The pin was a little wonky, and I was afraid it was going to happen, but he picked it up right away... and then this happened.

That picture is sooo cute. I love it!

I Didn't Meet Ariel... But I Totally Did.

As we were walking out of the M&G, the parade was going on! It was crazy congested, so we stopped to catch a little bit of it.

IMG_2161_zpsjn7yiph9.jpg

My favorite!!!

IMG_2163_zpsmswzsft6.jpg

Wait, no... this one's my favorite!

IMG_2165_zpspct6pv5n.jpg

WAIT, NO... THIS ONE is my favorite!

Sorry for the quality of the pics. Photographing moving things during the night is a NIGHTMARE.

Then we moved on and mom decided that she wanted some water. We walked up to Sleepy Hollow and asked for two glasses of ice water. "Just two glasses of ice water? Okay, your total comes to... $0.00!" He gave us a receipt and everything! It was awesome.

Then we decided to go on the happiest cruise that ever sailed!

IMG_2171_zpsz4lak8vt.jpg

I unapologetically love IASW. The dolls are so, so, so, so, so pretty.

IMG_2175_zps0w3ejw3f.jpg

IMG_2181_zpsbderkvdy.jpg

(Don't worry, neither of those photos were taken with flash!)

And then we continued on to new Fantasyland, and stopped to go to the bathroom next to Gaston's tavern. When we got out, we heard a loud BOOM and realized Wishes was going on. And for the first time... I saw Wishes fireworks and didn't stop to see watch them. :eek:. I wasn't in a Wishes mood for the first time in pretty much my life.

We just continued on to my favorite section of the whole park, the Little Mermaid section!

IMG_2193_zpsux9jpui0.jpg

We walked right onto Journey of the Little Mermaid.

Now, as some of you know, JotLM has one of the longest and most convoluted queue in all of WDW. Seriously. For a ride that never has a wait time over half of an hour, it's a pretty big queue. And towards the end of it, Scuttle is sitting there and he just kind of talks to you. So he started talking to mom and I as we were walking, but we didn't stop to say anything to him (shame on us!) and as we were walking away from him, he was finishing up a story or something, and all we heard was "Heh heh heh! ... Hey, where is everybody?". Mom and I cracked up. It was hilarious.

IMG_2195_zps93g44dhu.jpg

IMG_2197_zpsw0jvy4fg.jpg

IMG_2200_zps98gkdmqp.jpg

Then, as we were getting off the ride, we noticed the wait time to meet Ariel was at 10 minutes. So mom was like... do you want to meet Ariel? And... I was REALLY hoping to wait until tomorrow when I was in my princess Ariel disbound to meet her... but... in a moment of weakness, I was like, "Yeah, sure!". I missed my girl.

And this is the only proof of me going to that meet and greet, and that's fine with me:

IMG_2203_zpse37tsuag.jpg

Our Memory Maker wasn't going to be activated until the next day, and the only photos of me with her are on MM, and honestly, I don't want to pay $15 for proof that I met her on that evening. Her interaction was just okay. Basically, she just asked me if I was a mermaid since our hair was so similar, and then took a photo with me. It was a big let down since I had been waiting so long to be reunited with her, but in all honesty, I didn't feel that hurt. I was just too tired.

Then we continued on to Storybook Circus.

IMG_2204_zps3pzpnri4.jpg

We went on another one of my mom's favorites!

IMG_2206_zps1g1wqtpg.jpg
IMG_2209_zps0ck0rwof.jpg

And then as we got off the ride, mom proclaimed that she was throwing in the towel. I was secretly so relieved. I was way passed tired at that point.

On our way out, we stopped at the Main Street Confectionery! Mom got a peanut butter cookie and I got a cake pop. The cake pop was amazing :lovestruc

IMG_2210_zps0preudig.jpg

IMG_2215_zps0wbg1old.jpg

And then- AND THEN!!! As we were walking out, I saw that Snow White was meeting people where her normal M&G is during the day. But it was WAY past Snow White's last M&G so I was like "huh, that's weird". And then. AND THEN!!! AND THEN!!!!! LOOK WHO I CAUGHT MEETING WITH HER!!!!!

IMG_2214_zpsvhefmbjn.jpg

DOPEY!

I rushed to get in line, but alas, the line was already closed. I was sad. I've always wanted to meet Dopey :(

But again, I was too tired to be too upset. That was the theme of the night. Being tired. So we just got on the first boat to MK and headed back to the resort. I journaled a little bit, then I went to sleep faster than you could say "rope drop tomorrow".

The verdict on my first day at Disney World?

Well, it scared me a little. I didn't feel the Disney magic I felt last year when I walked into the park for the first time. I just kind of walked in and was like "cool, I'm looking at Cinderella's castle". I was worried that I wouldn't feel any magic this trip because I had just been to WDW last year. But I also tried to reason with myself that I was very tired and I had a very long week and that I'd probably find the magic tomorrow when I was well-rested and ready for the magic show. And inevitably, I did find the Disney magic again. In fact, I found it in less than 24 hours. Less than 12 hours, even...

Last edited:
I'm sure being tired took a toll on you, which then caused you to feel a little "blah" about your first night! I can't wait to hear how you find the magic!

How cool and random that Snow and Dopey were out meeting, I'm sorry you couldn't meet them.

Aww, shucks! Thank you! :blush:

I'm glad we made it, too! They were fun to talk to!

YAY! To my mom, HM is the ONLY way to start a night, LOL! We had a fun time meeting the pair!

THEY'RE AMAZING!!! They're really the sweetest and most personable pair of royals at WDW.

Thanks! Haha, getting good shots of the castle was hard. The park was a lil crazy that night!

Hi there!

My family had Park Hopper tickets. I'm not sure what the flat rate is, or how much up to 6 days would cost you, but at 7 days and after, it becomes just $10.65 a day per person to add more. I'm no expert, so if you think this deal would apply to you, I recommend calling Disney :)

I wanted to!!! Alas, I had limited funds. So sad.
Thank you! We have 4 day park hoppers and 6 days there!!will be ca

I'm sure being tired took a toll on you, which then caused you to feel a little "blah" about your first night! I can't wait to hear how you find the magic!

How cool and random that Snow and Dopey were out meeting, I'm sorry you couldn't meet them.

That's what it had to have been. It's hard to appreciate the castle when your eyes refuse to stay open for more than 10 seconds, you feel?

I LOVE when Disney does random character meet and greets! I wish there were more of them!

Our 3rd Annual Friendship Day Celebrashun

We were up bright and early the next day. We had to catch the first boat to MK, after all! Mini-Ari was as excited as I was for my Ariel disneybound.

IMG_2220_zpssewn2jco.jpg

The last photo of mini-ari I have on my camera roll, I'm afraid :(

IMG_2219_zpsjqgauia0.jpg

Yay for disneybounding!!!

We were downstairs in no time at all. I was surprised at how quickly my family was able to get down to the docks.

IMG_2222_zpsuyb3ltcd.jpg

It was a lovely morning to be a waterfall!

IMG_2224_zpsdrafhsad.jpg

I spy a hidden mickey on the dock!

A boat came around at 8, even though the boats don't usually run until 8:30 when the MK opens at 9:00. But they were training a pilot, and we were able to get on board!

That being said, we were waiting at the gates of MK for a loooooong time. So long in fact that I had time to buy my autograph book! And we were in the sun, but we had a prime view of the welcome show, so that was good. I kinda got a photo in front of the train station, but it's from really far away.

IMG_2230_zpsir6oy7bz.jpg

It wasn't too terribly long before the welcome show began.

Scoop Sanderson started the ceremony for us! Good old Scoop.

IMG_2234_zpshd1uaiya.jpg

Casey Jr.'s coming down the track! Coming down the track!

IMG_2236_zpsixhccuto.jpg

a great photo of all of my friends hanging at my local train station <3

We got in with surprisingly very little hassle, but RD always stresses me out. We got to our breakfast ADR just in time! We always start our first day at MK with breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It's one of our favorites!

IMG_2238_zps4dtmjiea.jpg

IMG_2237_zpsiynlcyxk.jpg

We barely had time to soak in the beautiful view of that castle before we were seated!

IMG_2241_zps2i3lhhkf.jpg

Our waitress was very nice. We decided to wait a little bit to get our first plate because Eeyore and Piglet were very close!

Eeyore wanted nothing to do with us. But that's Eeyore, I guess. He just snapped some photos and came in went without much incident. Oh well.

IMG_2242_zpsjdfxyirs.jpg

IMG_2244_zpsbnyywunj.jpg

Piglet was much nicer, though! He gave me a little kiss. I forget what the exact details of the interaction entailed, but I noted that he was "sweet", so that's good.

IMG_2245_zpsmszexpiw.jpg

Then we went up to get food. However, when we came back, Tigger had just missed us! I had seriously underestimated how fast that tiger was. No matter! There was a character handler who assured us she'd bring him back when he was done with the last table.

Tigger was a BLAST! As usual! He gave mom a kiss, took some photos with Grace, and then greeted me with a big hug! Like last time, I told him I had a serious problem: I had forgotten how to bounce. He was more than happy to show me before we took some great pics!

IMG_2253_zps9vj6xjd9.jpg

IMG_2252_zps4lkhfpf1.jpg

You can't even see my face because of his head! But I love him, giant head and all.

I didn't take a photo of my first plate (sorry, I was hungry!), but it included some bacon, some of my pooh's puffed french toast, some of the cheesy scones, and a little bowl of Pooh's breakfast lasagna.

The bacon was excellent. The puffed french toast, however, did not live up to expectations. My mom concurred: we think they've changed their recipe. It wasn't as light and fluffy as it used to be. The cheesy scones, though. Gosh, I could eat them for every meal for the rest of my life. They're warm and delicious and savory and cheesy and bacon-y. And I REALLY enjoyed the breakfast lasagna, too! I was worried about there being "too much going on" flavor wise, if you know what I mean, since it's pretty much advertised as "SOME PANCAKES ON TOP OF SOME SHORT CAKE AND ALSO WITH CROISSANTS AND SOME STRAWBERRY BUT ALSO RASPBERRY STUFF AND THERE'S CUSTARD TOO AND WE CAN'T FORGET THE BANANAS AND A DVD CASE AND A WHOLE TIN OF BROWNIES". But it was just sweet and flavorful enough, and the cake was nice and fresh. I wasn't a big fan of the custard, though.

Pooh wouldn't be around for a while, so I got a "second plate" consisting of just fruit and more scones.

IMG_2255_zpstwuj5ymb.jpg

I was finished with it by the time Pooh came around. Again, I don't think it was very memorable. I did compliment him on his breakfast lasagna and puffed toast, though. I also made note that he was "sweet". The friendship parade was about to start, and I didn't want to take him away from that, so Grace and I took one with him together instead of individual shots.

IMG_2256_zpsweuxyvje.jpg

When Pooh left, I told my mom that I was going to head off for a bit. The day was young, and there was a pair of royals not too terribly far off that I wanted to meet first thing... and their first set was about to begin!

Last edited:
Ok, so second time in a row I read an update while hungry and see yummy food pics. Gahh!!

I am so sad we missed out on Crystal Palace this time around. I love the breakfast there - breakfast lasagna is my FAVE. And I'm sad to hear about the puffed french toast, because I loved that!

I accidentally did a Disboundish thing as Ariel on our first MK day. I had on greenish/teal shorts and a purple shirt. It counts even if it's not on purpose, right?

Piglet totally photobombed your picture with WTP, lol!! His smile even looks smug.

Great updates - Love your flower in your hair - just like Ariel, cute!

I have never been to Main Street Bakery - after seeing your pics, i'll be sure to stop there on our trip next week!

Glad you were feeling the Magic again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter