Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

Ok, so second time in a row I read an update while hungry and see yummy food pics. Gahh!!

I am so sad we missed out on Crystal Palace this time around. I love the breakfast there - breakfast lasagna is my FAVE. And I'm sad to hear about the puffed french toast, because I loved that!

I accidentally did a Disboundish thing as Ariel on our first MK day. I had on greenish/teal shorts and a purple shirt. It counts even if it's not on purpose, right?

Piglet totally photobombed your picture with WTP, lol!! His smile even looks smug.

EEP!!! Sorry!!!

CP is one breakfast my mom refuses to skip on our vacations, and that says something, because she is NOT a breakfast person.

Of course that counts!!! Yay, more Ariel disneybounding!!! :)

Right? So smug. He and the hippo from IaSW should get together for lunch sometime. :rotfl:

Great updates - Love your flower in your hair - just like Ariel, cute!

I have never been to Main Street Bakery - after seeing your pics, i'll be sure to stop there on our trip next week!

Glad you were feeling the Magic again!

Thank you!!! Throughout the course of the day, I found out that many of the characters liked the flower, too!

Did I say main street bakery? Oops :ssst: I went to the confectionery!!! The bakery is now a Starbucks!! Thanks for the catch!!!

Yeah, as soon as I saw Mickey the magic came back! He is truly magical, after all :)

EEP!!! Sorry!!!

CP is one breakfast my mom refuses to skip on our vacations, and that says something, because she is NOT a breakfast person.

Of course that counts!!! Yay, more Ariel disneybounding!!! :)

Right? So smug. He and the hippo from IaSW should get together for lunch sometime. :rotfl:

Thank you!!! Throughout the course of the day, I found out that many of the characters liked the flower, too!

Did I say main street bakery? Oops :ssst: I went to the confectionery!!! The bakery is now a Starbucks!! Thanks for the catch!!!

Yeah, as soon as I saw Mickey the magic came back! He is truly magical, after all :)

Nope, it was my error, you had it right and called it Main Street Confectionery. :earsgirl: Can't wait to try it thanks to your great pictures! Looking forward to reading the next part of your trip :tink:

You are back! All caught up. So awesome that you got to hit MK on your very first night. I'm very excited to try Crystal Palace for the first time!

You are back! All caught up. So awesome that you got to hit MK on your very first night. I'm very excited to try Crystal Palace for the first time!

Yes! I'm back! It was quite a fun night. You'll absolutely adore CP, it's so much fun!

Life is the Desert

So I told my family I'd see them later and dashed for Adventureland.

Sure enough, the Aladdin and Jasmine M&G had just began! They were two characters I told myself that I had to meet this trip, especially since I missed both of them last time and had never met Aladdin before.

IMG_2258_zpspvkbpkcx.jpg

I have to admit, these two friends made me a little uneasy. Not so much Aladdin, but Jasmine especially seemed kind of off in her mannerisms. Neither of them seemed thrilled to be at the M&G, and Jasmine made a few side comments right before a few photos were taken. Like, at one point, there's a small child who didn't realize their were going to be face characters at WDW and assumed all of them were fur characters like Mickey and Minnie. So he said "you know I'm shocked that you guys talk!" or something of that nature and right before the picture is taken and they're all smiling Jasmine very quietly goes "yeah I guess it is a shock that we talk". Princesses who make side comments are the reason I have trust issues and honestly, I kinda wanted to bail and try to make the next set because I was pretty nervous of how well our meet would go over with these two.

Luckily, I stayed. Because it turns out... these two were pretty great to talk to!

So I walked up to them, and Jasmine sees my "Life is the Bubbles!" pin and said "Life is the bubbles? I think you mean life is the desert. We say life is the desert in Agrabah, cause, you know, we have a lot of sand."

So then I was like, "oh my goodness it's so nice to meet you both!" and Aladdin was like, "It's nice to meet you, too! What are you celebrating?"

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411894306_zpsi2qexfly.jpg

I said I had just graduated high school, and he was all, "Oh, so you're like an official princess now?"

Without batting an eyelash I said, "I mean I've always been a princess!"

And he was like, "Well yeah, I know you're a princess cause you've got such lovely manners, but now it's official! In paperwork and everything!"

So I was like, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411893643_zpskrk5aqek.jpg

I don't know what's happening in this photo but I kinda like it. Thanks, photopass!

At this point, Jasmine was signing my book and she handed it to Aladdin who saw my Cinnamoroll pen (Cinnamoroll is a character from the Sanrio franchise) and he said, "Cin-na-mo-roll? What is that? You don't eat it, do you?"

I said, "No, he's a fluffy animal."

Jasmine said, "Oh, good! Is he like a bunny? We saw an animal in the marketplace that was a cross between a bunny and a cat. I suspect the genie was behind it. He's always making new animals."

I told her I'd look out for any animal creations he'd be up to and we took some pictures.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411894300_zps4eatjfnx.jpg

IMG_2264_zpst4kx50b9.jpg

IMG_2265_zpskrr14omz.jpg

And to finish our meet and greet, Aladdin was all, "Don't I get a hug from the princess?"

IMG_2267_zpsbf70vbm3.jpg

And Jasmine gave me one too. Now, I promise that I was happy to hug her. However, Photopass captured, well...

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411894315_zpsvgggnmyw.jpg

Um. Yeah.

... So that happened. But I promise I was excited to hug her. You just... can't see it... in my face...

ANYWHOO! Photopass can be unfortunate sometimes, but they dropped this off in my downloads and I'm not one for these kinds of random shots they give you, but I LOVED this one and felt the need to share it in this TR.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411893150_zpsd1m9g6cw.jpg

MOVING ON! I decided to take my next adventure to the great American frontier.

IMG_2268_zpsjntufzfw.jpg

Passed Splash...

IMG_2269_zpsxnj0ktvg.jpg

And right onto Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

IMG_2270_zpsj5gd90l2.jpg

IMG_2272_zpsdi2k0rda.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsmgv6pi6w.jpg

IMG_2279_zpsh5ssolkd.jpg

IMG_2280_zps9pjhcmde.jpg

The wait was bearable. 10 minutes or so. But then I got on the coaster, and we got outside, and I was like, oops, it's raining. And when I got off the ride, it was raining slightly harder.

So I figured it was a good time to take the train to fantasyland!

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Princesses who make side comments are the reason I have trust issues and honestly, I kinda wanted to bail and try to make the next set because I was pretty nervous of how well our meet would go over with these two.

Luckily, I stayed. Because it turns out... these two were pretty great to talk to!

So I walked up to them, and Jasmine sees my "Life is the Bubbles!" pin and said "Life is the bubbles? I think you mean life is the desert. We say life is the desert in Agrabah, cause, you know, we have a lot of sand."

[QUOTE/]
I would have felt the same hesitation at meeting her after hearing that unmagical extra come out of her mouth. Jasmine is street rat lovin' tiger hugger, NOT a side-comment maker! (unless maybe she's talking about Jafar or Iago...NEVER about a little kid!)

I'm so glad your interaction with them was good, though. And that picture. Of your face. I love it so much. It's just holdover reaction from her out-of-character moment, that's all!

I do like her life is the desert comment, although I'm not sure she thought that through all the way. I would have approached it as "life is the sand dunes" or something, because sand dunes are PART of the desert, like bubbles are PART of the ocean. Or maybe I'm being way too judgey because I'm still upset she made the side comments about the kid.
(because actually, I think the "cause you know, we have a lot of sand" is pretty funny, but I'm not ready to let her off the hook just yet.)

Moving on...

I'm glad you got a ride in on BTMRR before the rain got too hard! The crowds look very manageable, that's great!!

Um...not sure why my reply went into the purple box instead of below it. *click to expand*...I am a failure

That Jasmine is really beautiful! Too bad she made a snarky comment at first, but it sounds like she made up for it.

Jasmine is gorgeous! I really need to do better on the M&G! I never know what to say to the face characters. Mostly just, "hello Jasmine!" Is that sufficient?! :rolleyes1

So woo, joining in a bit late...but a fellow Jersey girl/Tiana fan? I couldn't miss it!

So glad you and your mom got to do MK. on your first night. My daughter counts the night we did EMH, just the two of us, as one of her favorite trip moments. And your character meet ups all sound hilarious! I about died at the Jasmine picture.

Looking forward to the rest of this!

I would have felt the same hesitation at meeting her after hearing that unmagical extra come out of her mouth. Jasmine is street rat lovin' tiger hugger, NOT a side-comment maker! (unless maybe she's talking about Jafar or Iago...NEVER about a little kid!)

I'm so glad your interaction with them was good, though. And that picture. Of your face. I love it so much. It's just holdover reaction from her out-of-character moment, that's all!

I do like her life is the desert comment, although I'm not sure she thought that through all the way. I would have approached it as "life is the sand dunes" or something, because sand dunes are PART of the desert, like bubbles are PART of the ocean. Or maybe I'm being way too judgey because I'm still upset she made the side comments about the kid.
(because actually, I think the "cause you know, we have a lot of sand" is pretty funny, but I'm not ready to let her off the hook just yet.)

Moving on...

I'm glad you got a ride in on BTMRR before the rain got too hard! The crowds look very manageable, that's great!!

Right? Like come on, Jasmine. That's not the Jasmine way of doing things!!!

Yeah, we were having a fun time. And LOL! Yes! A holdover reaction image!

I'll give her a free pass on "life is the desert" because even though "life is the sand dunes" may have been more appropriate, at least it wasn't a side comment, and for that I was grateful ;)

Yeah, it was one of the days where the crowds were definitely more manageable. I didn't get too lucky throughout the rest of the week, but there were some great crowd days.

That Jasmine is really beautiful! Too bad she made a snarky comment at first, but it sounds like she made up for it.

She was gorgeous! And yeah, we can let her slip on that one side comment because she did ultimately turn out to be very personable, I guess.

Jasmine is gorgeous! I really need to do better on the M&G! I never know what to say to the face characters. Mostly just, "hello Jasmine!" Is that sufficient?! :rolleyes1

She was lovely! Don't worry- I always start off with, "how are you?" to prompt some kind of conversation. They'll never just say "good". Like, say you're meeting Cinderella, she'll probably say something like: "I'm very wonderful! Well, the mice have been working extra hard to help me today since I've been so busy, but how are you?". So that always helps me engage in conversation with them. I also found out this trip that wearing things like unique parkbound buttons and Disney t-shirts will prompt reactions from 99% of the characters!

So woo, joining in a bit late...but a fellow Jersey girl/Tiana fan? I couldn't miss it!

So glad you and your mom got to do MK. on your first night. My daughter counts the night we did EMH, just the two of us, as one of her favorite trip moments. And your character meet ups all sound hilarious! I about died at the Jasmine picture.

Looking forward to the rest of this!

WOO! Welcome aboard! :cheer2: Jersey Girl Tiana Lovers unite!

We had tons of fun at MK together. Mother/daughter nights are so special. And thank you, lol! I rehearse what I'm going to say before I get to the M&G in my head so that I'm not left blanking in front of them but it doesn't always work :lmao:

Yay! Looking forward to writing the rest!!!

I do like that setting for Tiana and Naveen! I actually didn't know they had a temporary (maybe not temporary) new location, so I was wondering where in the world those picture frames were at!

Also, I can't even convey just how happy the picture of the Castle from Crystal Palace makes me. No more walls! :love:

Uuugghhh how gorgeous is Wilderness Lodge. I'm excited to get to look around it a little before our WCC lunch, I love the looks of it so much.

Sounds like a fun time at Crystal Palace, love all the character photos!

I'm glad you got to meet Aladdin & Jasmine and that despite your hesitation they turned out to be a fun pair! :)

Hi there, joining in! I am really enjoying your TR so far!
I LOVE your pics with Tiana and Naveen...they are one M&G I haven't done and would love to. Her dress is just dreamy :lovestruc

I'm glad the Aladdin and Jasmine meet turned out better than you expected. I definitely would have been hesitant too - I was cracking up at that picture because it looks like you're giving her some major side eye :rotfl:

Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I love the picture with Jasmine. It's just too funny. It reminds me a lot of the pictures you see when the little boys are forced to hug the princesses. That "if I have to" look.

She was lovely! Don't worry- I always start off with, "how are you?" to prompt some kind of conversation. They'll never just say "good". Like, say you're meeting Cinderella, she'll probably say something like: "I'm very wonderful! Well, the mice have been working extra hard to help me today since I've been so busy, but how are you?". So that always helps me engage in conversation with them. I also found out this trip that wearing things like unique parkbound buttons and Disney t-shirts will prompt reactions from 99% of the characters!

Yay! Looking forward to writing the rest!!!
That's good advice. My daughter will be wanting to meet the princesses so it's good to have at least an idea about what I might say.

And I can't wait to read!

:D
PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7411893150_zpsd1m9g6cw.jpg

Wow what an amazing picture! Very sweet

I feel the same way. I love the Kenny the Pirate character locator app because he gives great suggestions on what to say for character meet & greets. For Aladdin & Jasmine the one I like was asking them if you can take a ride on a magic carpet with them, very cute.

Looking forward to seeing your next update as i'm packing for Wilderness Lodge :D

Whoa, you update QUICK! Time to catch up!

I'm just amazed you lasted so long in MK after that drive. Wow. Props to you. I'm sorry because of the exhaustion following that drive made the night end not as you wanted, but hey, you got to go to MK your first night in Disney! And lol @ your comment on the JotLM queue being so long. It's one of my favorite queues, but it's funny that that and the Nemo queue are so long with the shortest waits. Disney definitely anticipated a different response to those attractions.

Woot, yay for mornings in MK and morning ADRs! It sounds like Scoop is really starting to move up the hierarchy of Main Street Citizens with this opening MK a lot lately business. Not sure how I feel about that.

Sorry to hear that the Crystal Palace food wasn't as good as it was the last time you were there. That puffed toast still sounds super delish! And that stinks about your interaction with Eeyore. I remember him being hysterical when I met him five plus years ago and that Pooh has always been the 'meh' one. Oh well, at least it was still a great array of meets and Tigger was still the actual best.

So glad to hear your meet with Jas and Al went better than expected! I'm so glad I haven't met a princess who made side comments like that. I feel like many of them are very passive aggressive sometimes, but not in that way. Whatever, the meet sounded amazing. I definitely got to make sure to meet them both next time I'm in a Disney park. And I'm totally obsessed with the rando Photopass photo, they are just so dang cute, I can't.

OMG, it started raining while you were on BTMRR? Yikes. Hope you didn't get too drenched trying to get on the train to Fantasyland!

Can't wait to read about the rest of your first full day! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter