NBA at Walt Disney World

Unless they do the AL bubble in TX and the NL bubble in CA they'd have to use Angels stadium. Or take away any advantage of playing more gamea in the stadium of your own league and swap them and make AL play in NL and vice versa. Bad enough no home field advantage, not because of fans but just the familiarity but to be stuck in parks you maybe play in every 3 or 4 years isn't good either. To me a bubble for baseball, while it makes sense, is trickier because you don't want to give advantage, esp if one of the team's in the playoffs gets to play at home.

NBA being neutral and that courts are basically the same make it much easier to do this vs knowing every way the ball will bounce off the outfield wall etc.
They would want to do at least 3 bubbles for time zones. They‘re not going to want NL East teams stationed in a bubble in CA and having their games played at weird hours. They’d keep the East in the East, etc.

They would want to do at least 3 bubbles for time zones. They‘re not going to want NL East teams stationed in a bubble in CA and having their games played at weird hours. They’d keep the East in the East, etc.

I could actually just see 2 - games at 1 (east), 4 (west), 7 (east), 10pm (west) cover both coasts well and pretty much all team markets...

I could actually just see 2 - games at 1 (east), 4 (west), 7 (east), 10pm (west) cover both coasts well and pretty much all team markets...
But they’d need to play more than just 4 games (or 8 with 2 stadiums) a day. They’ve already agreed to an expanded playoff system, so there’s going to be more teams and more games. They’d probably need the 3 sites just to accommodate the amount of games. But, going East and West would make more sense than going Texas and California. I’d think if they’re going to 2 hubs, they’d have to be on each coast.

But they’d need to play more than just 4 games (or 8 with 2 stadiums) a day. They’ve already agreed to an expanded playoff system, so there’s going to be more teams and more games. They’d probably need the 3 sites just to accommodate the amount of games. But, going East and West would make more sense than going Texas and California. I’d think if they’re going to 2 hubs, they’d have to be on each coast.

And East Coast is a problem on sites right now...I'm not sure what would be a good choice (thus, why I don't discount Florida)...

And East Coast is a problem on sites right now...I'm not sure what would be a good choice (thus, why I don't discount Florida)...
Oh definitely. NY is really the only one that makes sense. It’s going to be interesting to see what they plan to do.

Its also going to be interesting to see what happens to the Cardinals. Still have only played 5 games. There’s next to no way they’ll be able to get up to the 60 by the end of the season. What happens to them and how is it fair to them and the rest of the league? I wouldn’t want to see them qualify for the postseason based on winning percentage if they’ve only played about 42-45 games.

Oh definitely. NY is really the only one that makes sense. It’s going to be interesting to see what they plan to do.

Its also going to be interesting to see what happens to the Cardinals. Still have only played 5 games. There’s next to no way they’ll be able to get up to the 60 by the end of the season. What happens to them and how is it fair to them and the rest of the league? I wouldn’t want to see them qualify for the postseason based on winning percentage if they’ve only played about 42-45 games.

The Cardinals are why we'll have the bubble...as for how many games they play, yeah, they can't play them all.

If they get a spot over my team (who will be forced to makeup all their games b/c of another bad virus team, the Marlins), I'll be pissed. I'd almost rather the top 8 make it, and then the rest play single game NCAA tourney style to get in as the other 8...

The Cardinals are why we'll have the bubble...as for how many games they play, yeah, they can't play them all.

If they get a spot over my team (who will be forced to makeup all their games b/c of another bad virus team, the Marlins), I'll be pissed. I'd almost rather the top 8 make it, and then the rest play single game NCAA tourney style to get in as the other 8...
One idea I’ve seen floated is the Cards should have to have more wins than the lowest playoff team in order to qualify. So if say, the Reds, are the last WC at 32 wins, the Cards would need at least 33 to unseat them. That makes sense to me. Because otherwise their win percentage will be severely overinflated.

Alright - bets on who is going to the play-in tournament this weekend? Dame has pulled out all the stops and he is AMAZING, but, boy, I'd love to see Devon Booker and the Suns move ahead. I think the Spurs are done and I think the Grizzlies are going to choke. Can't wait to see all of this play out today!

Alright - bets on who is going to the play-in tournament this weekend? Dame has pulled out all the stops and he is AMAZING, but, boy, I'd love to see Devon Booker and the Suns move ahead. I think the Spurs are done and I think the Grizzlies are going to choke. Can't wait to see all of this play out today!

I think it will depend on who the Bucks will suit up against the Grizzlies, and who the Mavs will suit up against the Suns today (i.e. who are those teams going to rest). Portland will beat the Nets tonight.

If I had to wager, Suns win and Grizzlies lose today to setup Portland (8th) vs. Phoenix (9th) for the play-in.

I think it will depend on who the Bucks will suit up against the Grizzlies, and who the Mavs will suit up against the Suns today (i.e. who are those teams going to rest). Portland will beat the Nets tonight.

If I had to wager, Suns win and Grizzlies lose today to setup Portland (8th) vs. Phoenix (9th) for the play-in.

Totally! I guess Giannis is out serving his one game suspension. I would love to see Portland vs. Phoenix for the play-in. We are Nets fans and are fully expecting Damian to go off on our G-League rag tag bunch this evening - should be fun!

Unless they do the AL bubble in TX and the NL bubble in CA they'd have to use Angels stadium. Or take away any advantage of playing more gamea in the stadium of your own league and swap them and make AL play in NL and vice versa. Bad enough no home field advantage, not because of fans but just the familiarity but to be stuck in parks you maybe play in every 3 or 4 years isn't good either. To me a bubble for baseball, while it makes sense, is trickier because you don't want to give advantage, esp if one of the team's in the playoffs gets to play at home.

NBA being neutral and that courts are basically the same make it much easier to do this vs knowing every way the ball will bounce off the outfield wall etc.

Id love it if the AL teams have to play in NL stadiums and vice versa for the playoffs. Then have the WS in the Texas Rangers stadium since the Rangers are very unlikely to make it that far and they’d be the only one familiar with the park enough for it to be an advantage. Unfortunately I dont think that’ll occur. I think maybe thats why theyre trying to have 2 locations for each “bubble” ie Houston/Arlington, San Diego/Los Angeles, Milwaukee/Chicago, Bronx/Queens, so you’d easily be able to separate teams from their home stadiums if it becomes a potential issue

Id love it if the AL teams have to play in NL stadiums and vice versa for the playoffs. Then have the WS in the Texas Rangers stadium since the Rangers are very unlikely to make it that far and they’d be the only one familiar with the park enough for it to be an advantage. Unfortunately I dont think that’ll occur. I think maybe thats why theyre trying to have 2 locations for each “bubble” ie Houston/Arlington, San Diego/Los Angeles, Milwaukee/Chicago, Bronx/Queens, so you’d easily be able to separate teams from their home stadiums if it becomes a potential issue

That would be a good way to do it. And by that point the roof could be open. Saw some good homeruns the last three games the M's played there. Seems like a nice park but they need to turn their fan reaction noise down, way too loud over tv, drowned out their stadium music and made it seem way more fake than the other's I've seen.

Baseball would be totally doable. Right down the street from Angels stadium, they could use one of the towers at Disneyland Hotel. I think they’re thinking more of Petco and Dodger stadium, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Angel stadium is in the mix
Can you imagine the reaction, if the Astros were gifted a home field advantage this season, after what happened last season?

They have quite a few resorts remaining closed. Very easy to move guests to the closed resorts, or move the NBA to the closed resorts.
The NBA is their money maker right now.
NBA in all stars! I can't see the players agreeing to that somehow....

Can you imagine the reaction, if the Astros were gifted a home field advantage this season, after what happened last season?

That’s why I dont even like the idea of them getting any games. Granted there would be no gate revenue, but MLB would be paying them something to use their stadium, not to mention the advertisements in house. That organization profiting after getting a slap on the wrist for cheating would be a very ignorant decision by MLB. But Manfred is prone to making very stupid decisions

That’s why I dont even like the idea of them getting any games. Granted there would be no gate revenue, but MLB would be paying them something to use their stadium, not to mention the advertisements in house. That organization profiting after getting a slap on the wrist for cheating would be a very ignorant decision by MLB. But Manfred is prone to making very stupid decisions
I agree.

Totally! I guess Giannis is out serving his one game suspension. I would love to see Portland vs. Phoenix for the play-in. We are Nets fans and are fully expecting Damian to go off on our G-League rag tag bunch this evening - should be fun!

Now to see what happens in the Portland game. Go Nets! But Portland is probably gonna destroy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter