Need input on dinner ADR please!

smsmsw

Earning My Ears
Need to decide which of the following dinner ADRs to add to our upcoming trip in April. Choosing between Citrico's (currently have this booked, never been), Narcoosee's (never been), Whispering Canyon (have been, enjoyed), or Boathouse (never been).

For your reference, these are the other meals we have booked for our trip (we are big on dining and will have the deluxe dining plan):

Beaches and Cream (lunch)
Rose and Crown (dinner)
Be Our Guest (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
California Grill (brunch, dinner)
Jiko (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Homecomin (dinner)
Boma (breakfast)
Sanaa (lunch)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Tiffin's (dinner)
Coral Reef (lunch)
Ohana (dinner)
Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast)

Thanks for your thoughts! By the way, we are a family of 4. Two adults and two boys ages 4 and 7 who are used to sit down restaurants of all types and typically well behaved (in public that is). Also, the night I am looking at for this dinner we will be coming directly from Hollywood Studios or our resort (AKL).

Can't say enough about how much I loved Narcoosee's. It's a bit more casual than Citrico's. Citrico's is more of a finer dining experience. WC is not my cup of tea. I just didn't like the food that much to go out of my way to eat there. It's fine but nothing special. Kids like it cause there's a bit of a "show" that goes on especially involving kids.
Never been to Boathouse but I have yet to see a bad review. It's on our list.

I would pick the Boathouse. I love WCC, but only for breakfast. I'm not a big fan or their lunch or dinner food and dinner is a little too chaotic for me. We've had two, very expensive, massive fails at Narcoossee's, so I can't recommend it. Cold food, really bad service. Citrico's is kind of meh.

We have eaten at Citricos twice and been underwhelmed both times. The food was good, but nothing special. After last fall when we ate there, my wifes comment was, it was good, but nothing special. We won't be going back. She loved Narcoossees, and the view.
Never eaten at WCC, but seems totally different than your other choices. Boathouse is on our list to do and seems to get great reviews.
I would add one not on your list - The Edison or Maria and Enzos at Disney Springs. Just opened, the menus look good. Sounds like a fun place. Looking forward to trying this as well this year.

Can't say enough about how much I loved Narcoosee's. It's a bit more casual than Citrico's. Citrico's is more of a finer dining experience. WC is not my cup of tea. I just didn't like the food that much to go out of my way to eat there. It's fine but nothing special. Kids like it cause there's a bit of a "show" that goes on especially involving kids.
Never been to Boathouse but I have yet to see a bad review. It's on our list.
Thank you!!
I would pick the Boathouse. I love WCC, but only for breakfast. I'm not a big fan or their lunch or dinner food and dinner is a little too chaotic for me. We've had two, very expensive, massive fails at Narcoossee's, so I can't recommend it. Cold food, really bad service. Citrico's is kind of meh.
Thank you!!
We have eaten at Citricos twice and been underwhelmed both times. The food was good, but nothing special. After last fall when we ate there, my wifes comment was, it was good, but nothing special. We won't be going back. She loved Narcoossees, and the view.
Never eaten at WCC, but seems totally different than your other choices. Boathouse is on our list to do and seems to get great reviews.
I would add one not on your list - The Edison or Maria and Enzos at Disney Springs. Just opened, the menus look good. Sounds like a fun place. Looking forward to trying this as well this year.
Thank you...I looked at the Edison and it looks great, but would an early dinner be fine to bring kids? Wasn't sure if kids would be welcome. I don't think I saw a kids menu?

I've been to all four, and of these, the only one I liked was Whispering Canyon, but I prefer their lunch menu over their dinner menu.

Yes, it looks like kids can go to the Edison as long at they leave before 9:30PM. It looks like an interesting restaurant to try. Maybe you can call them ahead to be sure kids are welcome?

Haven't found a kid menu for The Edison, but kids are allowed in earlier in the evening, so I would expect they would have one. Might have to call to confirm. Maria and Enzos does have a kids menu.

Thank you...I looked at the Edison and it looks great, but would an early dinner be fine to bring kids? Wasn't sure if kids would be welcome. I don't think I saw a kids menu?

Yes, it looks like kids can go to the Edison as long at they leave before 9:30PM. It looks like an interesting restaurant to try. Maybe you can call them ahead to be sure kids are welcome?

Haven't found a kid menu for The Edison, but kids are allowed in earlier in the evening, so I would expect they would have one. Might have to call to confirm. Maria and Enzos does have a kids menu.

Disney Food Blog has a picture of the Junior Scientist menu at the Edison. we plan to take our 3 and 6 year old in April

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/01/04/first-look-the-edison-in-disney-springs/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter