Need prayers and good thoughts for Kevin's Mom today * Update 5/8/11*

Kevin,

I don't post much on the boards, but I have been a podcast listener for many years. I have always been moved by the devotion you and John show to your mother, and I can only imagine how difficult these days are for a loving son to go through. Your mom, you and John have my prayers and positive thoughts.

Hi Kevin - I have been so busy lately that I just learned of all that has been going on about ten minutes ago. I am so sorry. I just went through this last year with my father; and now I am living with my Mom (83) who is doing well, but at that age, there are always issues.

In any event, I m sorry. There are no words. Take care of yourself. Love your Mom. Love yourself. Take solace in knowing how many people love both of you. You are in many peoples thoughts and prayers. Love to you. :flower3:

Kevin - I know everyone's religious beliefs are different but in my Bible is a passage that I hope will bring you peace.

'And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I completely agree with what you said about walking a thin line between what you want and what is best. It is incredibly difficult to make the decisions that no child should ever have to make. I pray for peace for you. I know your mom already will have the peace she so richly deserves and when her time comes, she will finally be back with her husband.

Just heard the podcast and I'd like to offer my support and prayers as well...so sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. Take care of yourself.

Sending thoughts and prayers for you all during this hard time. It is a hard time to know what to do.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending much love and postive thoughts your way. I know that nothing can really help at a time like this, but hopefully over time, knowing how many people you've touched and how many people care for you and your family may help in some small way.

Brooke

I'm so sorry. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, John and your mom.

Kevin I am a long time podcast listener & a long time DIS forum lurker. I will keep you, John, and your mom will be in my thoughts.

A candle is burning at the Pug Palace tonight in your honor. Let the light of love engulf you and then light the difficult path you will travel together.

Kevin,
I am so sorry for the pain you are experiencing right now and for all the sad and difficult decisions you are having to make. It is so painful to watch someone we love suffer. I am sending you a hug. :hug: We don't know each other but I am a devoted podcast listener and I want to tell you that your mother is lucky to have a son like you.

Just a little note to let you know the love and prayers from Sarasota are still headed your way, Kevin.

I just listened to your review of J. Alexander's, and while it was entertaining as always, I could hear the sadness and the weariness in your voice.

I'm so sorry you're going through this..... Thank God for John and all your other family members.

:hug:

Hi Folks,

We moved our furniture into our new home on Thursday morning. The movers were done by 10:30.

Hospice delievered the necessary equipment at 11:00am and then delivered my Mom at noon.

Thursday was a rough day.

We have had round the clock Hospice care since noon on Thursday and the nurses have been wonderful.

Getting used to sleeping in your brand new house with a stranger sitting in your living room is odd at first, but when you are tired enough.....it just doesnt matter.

The decision to bring my Mom home was difficult at first, but we've come to realize that it was the best decision we made. She rests better and seems content. There is regular house noise and the two dogs bark......but those are "home" noises and I think she's finding comfort in them.

As my Mom helped choose this new house and was involved in all of the planning and decision making, it seems right that she should get to live here for whatever time she has left.

I find myself strangely at peace with this. Dont get me wrong, a few well chosen words can send me over the edge, but it seems easier to accept when you know that the one you love is being made comfortable and that very soon the suffering will end.

I dont know how or what I will feel when the inevitable happens, but for right now I feel lucky to have the ability to do this. It will be the last thing I ever get to do for my Mom.

I'm blessed with the very best partner I could ever wish for. John has been strong and supportive through all of this and I told him today that my love and gratitude dont seem adequate. He tells me they are and that I'm being silly.

I'd like to thank everyone that has posted, sent PMs, emailed, called, said prayers...and kept all of the other positive thinking going on. It's amazing to come here and read these words of encouragement, love and support. Again......my gratitude seems inadequate. Thank you so much.

At this point, I am resigned to the fact that the most I can hope for is a quiet peaceful passing. We have done everything we could.

From the deepest part of my heart, thank you for keeping me, my Mom and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

I just came to check this thread to see how you were doing and there was your post. Hard as I try, I can't find the right words to say. Your mom, you, John and your family have been in my thoughts every day and all I can think to do now is give you a virtual hug :hug: and hope and pray that all goes as well and peacefully as it can for all of you. Sending much love and many prayers.

Kevin,

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, John and your Mom. :grouphug:

Erika

I'll keepyou in my prayers...you are a remarkable man and son, and John is a great partner. I have so much respect for you and he. Take care, Kevin.

Kevin:

You and John are absolutely wonderful people to take care of your mom like that. I know she will be eternally grateful for all you are doing for her. I hope that when the time comes she will go peacefully. That's what I asked for my dad and he did indeed go peacefully. I'll keep you all in my prayers. ::MinnieMo

Love and pixie dust. Your strength has always been something I have admired but do so now more than ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter