Need some Advice for Banking Points

davidher

Earning My Ears
My last day to bank points is today and I have a reservation 9/10- 9/12 at Grand California. I also have reservation for Aulani on 11/23 - 11/27.

My question to you would you role the dice and keep my reservation considering that Aulani and GC are still closed, or would you cancel bank my points and call 2020 a wash? The frustrating thing is DVC has made no formal announcement on how they would address this situation.

I am sure this has been answered numerous times and forgive me if my wording is not correct.

Thanks All

They have been pretty clear on the late banking and not to count on an exception and to follow normal procedures

I think you have a chance to see those open by then so it would be a roll of the dice for sure.

IMO, I wouldn’t risk it because at this point this situation is well known, unlike those needing to make last minute decisions when it started.

I would cancel and bank. There is no telling when the resort will open. If it does open you could borrow if the stay is less than the new 50% borrow rule. I would hate risk it and loose the points.

FWIW, I don't see the Grand Californian opening in time for the September reservation, but I think there is a pretty good chance that Aulani will be open by then.

Good luck - not an easy decision, I'm sure. Full disclosure: We are not traveling at all until possibly next year. For us, the risk of complications from getting the virus is too great to make a Disney vacation worth it. We know we'll be back.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter