Nemesis Challenge 3 AKA Marathon Weekend 2015

Not sure. I think the time and location for meeting is in the navigator. You just show up then and there. Bring running shoes and a bottle of rum.
You sign up at port adventures on the ship. There is an age minimum - age 12. I'm not sure if it's a mental age so you might be out of luck Tim. Go Team Barry

Well I guess I need to find out if I'm going again before I start throwing down challenges. I have 4 months to talk DW into letting me go again.

Barry- I will challenge you any time but only for fun. How about a RenFaire 5K? I've got my 5 5Ks this year, which is actually 7 races, but I'm a lawyer and we cannot count
I think that can be arranged. What 7 races are you doing?

Not sure if I'll be able to make it down for DDC3 - but doesn't hurt to follow along.

Good luck to all those running...

Oh, and for the new runners... protect your heels.

I think that can be arranged. What 7 races are you doing?
April - Human Race - Wheaton
May 24 - Run or Dye - Chicago
June 8 - The Color Run - Chicago
Summer - Glow Run - Naperville
Summer - warrior run - unknown
August - Morton Arboretum - glen ellyn
Thanksgiving - Turkey Trot - Naperville

I'm up for more. My fairy godmother just got me a sweet pair of rundisney kicks so I'm pretty happy

You've seen her. You've seen me. What do you think?
No comment. :rolleyes1

Team Barry is behind you Tim in your latest quest. Maybe. Or not. Randall help me here.
I'm curious to see where this goes. :coffee:

Can't believe you guys are afraid of a little girl. So she runs 6 miles for a relaxing fun run. Besides Barry, you have more energy stored in your gut than she does.
:lmao::lmao:

All you guys are doing well, keep it up.
Really? I haven't run since November. :headache:

You sign up at port adventures on the ship. There is an age minimum - age 12. I'm not sure if it's a mental age so you might be out of luck Tim. Go Team Barry
UGH… Team Barry has retired.

Well I guess I need to find out if I'm going again before I start throwing down challenges. I have 4 months to talk DW into letting me go again.
So, how is the begging going?

Good luck to all those running...

Oh, and for the new runners... protect your heels.
::yes::

or just wear some running socks and use semi new shoes.

I'm in for next year. "just the half" thought of running the 5k also but don't want the early wake up call, once is enough. Now the big decision is what team to choose. As the only member of Team Beverly that was able to race this year I have to assume I'm now a free agent. What should I do Carl? :confused3

Well I guess it times I get into this mess.I have been slacking since my return from "just the half". I will be hitting the pavement as soon as we get the snow off of it.
As far as what race I will be running well lets just say I have not ruled any of them out.!!!! I have some incentives to train hard and be prepared for what ever race I shall decide.

I'm in for next year. "just the half" thought of running the 5k also but don't want the early wake up call, once is enough. Now the big decision is what team to choose. As the only member of Team Beverly that was able to race this year I have to assume I'm now a free agent. What should I do Carl? :confused3

I think you know the answer to this !!!... Let this play out a little then you make your call. Just remember you can take he long way to doing this i=or you can take the easy way. Your call Buddy

I think Carl is right… we have time to let this play out. popcorn::

Well I guess it times I get into this mess.I have been slacking since my return from "just the half". I will be hitting the pavement as soon as we get the snow off of it.
As far as what race I will be running well lets just say I have not ruled any of them out.!!!! I have some incentives to train hard and be prepared for what ever race I shall decide.
Looks like a nice shift in the weather here starting this weekend. I don't have a problem running in 25-30 degrees- it's the 5 degrees I'm not running in. It might be time for me to hit the pavement. :cool2:

IS OKW the resort of choice for Marathon 2015 weekend?????

Where is everyone staying?????? (or planning on staying?)

Um dont know :confused3
but let me say this. if you think you may can do the 10k and the half why not just go full???

I may have enough incentive to go full next yr.... I know it frigging crazy of me but some times things may just be worth it.:thumbsup2

I know we talked last year about how easy it would be to walk to the start line from there, but it's just not going to happen. There was security everywhere - bomb sniffing dogs, bag checks, you name it. Since the bombings in Boston, they are very strict that you take a bus or drive to Epcot.

By the way, I'll be staying at home. In Wisconsin. In January. :headache:Crap.:headache:

Does that include the Pirate Princess?

Her next race is a Nike Diva Half in April at DC. Not sure what she is going to do at Disney, Full, Goofy or Dopey. I might sign up for the 5K again, hopefully the Achilles gets to the point I can actually do it. Next month, reserving the room at the Boardwalk so we will be there.

I was just thinking! Yes, it hurts and it is extremely dangerous.:lmao: My DD may want to come with and may want to do the 5K as well. I assume the Pirate Princess will be running. Maybe it can be a daddy/daughter thing in the 5K. DD will be 12 then and we may end up training some together. Just a thought if she tags along. I REALLY hope to be able to run next week.

Is she making a victory tour? Traveling around the country on a barnstorming tour, beating each DisDad in their own backyard? If so, I choose any of the several Beer Runs around Milwaukee. Run, chug, run. Since she just hit the big 2-0, and can't register for the races, I win by default! And that's the best kind of victory!

Cheater.:sad2::sad2:

Um dont know :confused3
but let me say this. if you think you may can do the 10k and the half why not just go full???
Well, Melody wants to do the 10K so I'll run that with her and the 10K & 1/2 are 24 hours apart. :lmao:

I may have enough incentive to go full next yr.... I know it frigging crazy of me but some times things may just be worth it.:thumbsup2
You are right. You're crazy. :eek:

I know we talked last year about how easy it would be to walk to the start line from there, but it's just not going to happen. There was security everywhere - bomb sniffing dogs, bag checks, you name it. Since the bombings in Boston, they are very strict that you take a bus or drive to Epcot.
I can see that. How hard would it have been to walk a few hundred yards to the start?

By the way, I'll be staying at home. In Wisconsin. In January. :headache:Crap.:headache:
I'll spring for a 2BR if you don't mind sharing a bed with my MIL. She is really a nice lady. You'll love her. :goodvibes

I don't know but Boardwalk may be my new favorite resort, just by the default of its location. I need DVC!!!

We are considering wilderness lodge, bay lake tower, or boardwalk. Wife really wants to stay at bay lake. I really enjoyed boardwalk this last time. even though I was there for such a short time. I don't know what I was thinking deciding to leave friday at 3 am and drive back late saturday. I got in at 4am sunday. 1000+ miles of driving, 13.1 miles "running", and one awesome feast at ohana in 48 hrs.:crazy2:

Forget walking from OKW as Barry suggested. Not going to be as easy as before. We will be at the Boardwalk. Maybe at 7 months try to get BLT or the Grand but I am still in points conserving mode.

My DD may want to come with and may want to do the 5K as well. I assume the Pirate Princess will be running. Maybe it can be a daddy/daughter thing in the 5K. DD will be 12 then and we may end up training some together. Just a thought if she tags along. I REALLY hope to be able to run next week.

IF I do the 5K, she will be with me, potentially carrying me at times. I don't see much of a pace. Bring her along and if we do the 5K, we can at least hang out together ahead of time. Maybe meet up after the race, tour a park and you can buy me the cocktail you owe me.

So even thought we haven't planned anything yet, our plans could be changing. Mel doesn't think it is a good idea to take Juliana out of school again- we are taking her out for a week in late September- and doesn't want to leave the kids again like we did last year. So I could possibly be traveling solo. She knows I really want to run and has given me the preliminary OK to go solo.

So here is the question… what Dads are traveling solo? Anyone traveling solo that own DVC? Is it possible to pool points together to book a room?

I don't know but Boardwalk may be my new favorite resort, just by the default of its location. I need DVC!!!
LOL I need DVC too! :lmao:

We are considering wilderness lodge, bay lake tower, or boardwalk. Wife really wants to stay at bay lake. I really enjoyed boardwalk this last time. even though I was there for such a short time. I don't know what I was thinking deciding to leave friday at 3 am and drive back late saturday. I got in at 4am sunday. 1000+ miles of driving, 13.1 miles "running", and one awesome feast at ohana in 48 hrs.:crazy2:
Wow… how long after you got home did you realize what just happened? :rotfl2:

Forget walking from OKW as Barry suggested. Not going to be as easy as before. We will be at the Boardwalk. Maybe at 7 months try to get BLT or the Grand but I am still in points conserving mode.
How do you walk to the start from Boardwalk… do they open the back entrance at Epcot?

How do you walk to the start from Boardwalk… do they open the back entrance at Epcot?

No walking, the World Showcase entrance isn't open. The bus is the only way to get there. If they did open it up, you would have to walk all the way to the front of the park and deep into the parking lot to get to the security area. Almost a 5K for that.

I found the busses to be very good. No real wait, comfy, heated and a short drive to the race entrance. We did always get to the bus stops early though. A bit of a walk from the drop off point but the mood is festive from the cast members directing you to the participants. Funny lines from CMs about bag check to "power" high fives to people that are going past them. Very upbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter