Netflix JAN 2020..whatcha watching?

My son and I are watching The Healing Powers of Dude. It's about a boy with anxiety who gets an emotional support dog. My son has anxiety so we are loving it.

I LOVED Galavant!

I've been on a foreign drama kick lately. The Crown, Broadchurch, Collateral, Requiem, were all very good, and in English. I also got sucked in by The Five, and Safe, both by Harlan Coben.
Dark, which is in German and dubbed in English was SO good, and really a mind trip. The Break was also pretty good.

We get Britbox and love Shetland. We've just started Outlander on Netflix, which looks really promising for us.

I binged AJ and the Queen over the weekend. It just came out on Friday. It stars Ru Paul. Who knew that he could act?!? It's very funny... very Vacation-esk with Chevy Chase in its cross country trek.

I highly recommend it!

Shows I've recently watched or currently watching on Netflix:

* Anne with an E - Currently
* Outlander - Currently
* You
* Dear John
* Messiah
* Dolly Parton's Heartstrings

The Irishman - Didn't think it was that great. My husband lost interest about half way through. I kept waiting for it to live up to it's reputation and I was disappointed.
Dirty John - Hard to believe this one was a true story. Definitely binge worthy.
The Witcher - Needed cliff notes to follow. Really liked it but a little confusing putting everything together.
Messiah - Watched 1 episode. Not sure if I'll watch any more.
Don't F*ck with Cats - Very disturbing and dark. I think I have 1 more episode left and I doubt I'll watch it.
Virgin River - Liked
A Marriage Story - Just OK. Not sure what all the hype was about.
You - Love this series and how it ends.

My daughter has been watching The Circle and wants me to give it a try.

The Irishman - Didn't think it was that great. My husband lost interest about half way through. I kept waiting for it to live up to it's reputation and I was disappointed.
Dirty John - Hard to believe this one was a true story. Definitely binge worthy.
The Witcher - Needed cliff notes to follow. Really liked it but a little confusing putting everything together.
Messiah - Watched 1 episode. Not sure if I'll watch any more.
Don't F*ck with Cats - Very disturbing and dark. I think I have 1 more episode left and I doubt I'll watch it.
Virgin River - Liked
A Marriage Story - Just OK. Not sure what all the hype was about.
You - Love this series and how it ends.

My daughter has been watching The Circle and wants me to give it a try.
::yes::

Thanks, all!! I've been in hospital with infection in my big incision and it has been miserable. Getting back on my feet is going to take some time and can't be hurried. Not lot of tv watching but did finish the Circle. I really liked it because I just don't use lot of social media to strangers (besides the DIS) and was fascinated by the sharing or fakeness and just the personalities. It was like Big Brother without the tv showmances.

Saturday night was "date night" in hospital and my husband and I watched Two Popes. I thought it was fantastic. Just shows different personalities of Catholic Church and the processes and the history behind them two leaders. Even if not Catholic I think it can be enjoyed.

I doubt I'll ever watch the Irishman. I just think most of Martin Scorsese movies are almost the same with all the same people. I don't have the attention span.

I have been enjoying Healing Powers of Dude for fluff. Cute show and good perspective about social anxiety from teen's perspective.

I have season 3 of Crown to watch also. I tend to keep things to watch and pace myself. I'm not much of binge watcher. I don't have attention span LOL and juts fine watching one episode of shows here and there.

Thanks again for the recommendations. I might have to look into the sci fi stuff next especially if I run out of fluff tv!

Thanks, all!! I've been in hospital with infection in my big incision and it has been miserable. Getting back on my feet is going to take some time and can't be hurried. Not lot of tv watching but did finish the Circle. I really liked it because I just don't use lot of social media to strangers (besides the DIS) and was fascinated by the sharing or fakeness and just the personalities. It was like Big Brother without the tv showmances.

Saturday night was "date night" in hospital and my husband and I watched Two Popes. I thought it was fantastic. Just shows different personalities of Catholic Church and the processes and the history behind them two leaders. Even if not Catholic I think it can be enjoyed.

I doubt I'll ever watch the Irishman. I just think most of Martin Scorsese movies are almost the same with all the same people. I don't have the attention span.

I have been enjoying Healing Powers of Dude for fluff. Cute show and good perspective about social anxiety from teen's perspective.

I have season 3 of Crown to watch also. I tend to keep things to watch and pace myself. I'm not much of binge watcher. I don't have attention span LOL and juts fine watching one episode of shows here and there.

Thanks again for the recommendations. I might have to look into the sci fi stuff next especially if I run out of fluff tv!

Sorry to hear you're not well on your way to healing by now. I cannot imagine how frustrating and discouraging that must be. Sending some prayers and healing thoughts your way.

Sending good thoughts and prayers. It's not easy being patient as you heal, hang in there! :hug:
I agree with you about Two Popes. I thought it was amazingly well done, very thought provoking. :thumbsup2

The New One....hilarious one man play about deciding to have children and life's struggles. Saw the play on stage....excellent!

Derry Girls!! So funny! I add the subtitles to catch it all, but I’ve laughed so much over that show.

Cheer- really like this one. I was on competition teams in HS and wow, things have really changed.

The Crown- one of my faves- sad that I’ll have to wait a while on another season.

I just watched Unbelievable ... it's a limited series and was a hard watch in places but was absolutely outstanding. It was based on a true life rape case and the initial disturbing mishandling of the case. The cast was great with a special nod to Merritt Wever.

I just watched Unbelievable ... it's a limited series and was a hard watch in places but was absolutely outstanding. It was based on a true life rape case and the initial disturbing mishandling of the case. The cast was great with a special nod to Merritt Wever.

Forgot about this one. It was good enough to binge watch.

Yep I mentioned it a few posts back. I watched it in one sitting. Could not stop. Meritt is my hero, I swear.

Tina, so sorry to hear about your incision infection. Thinking of you and sending wishes and prayers for a smooth recovery and good health from here on out!

Yep I mentioned it a few posts back. I watched it in one sitting. Could not stop. Meritt is my hero, I swear.
I liked her so much in Unbelievable that I looked up other shows she has done and watched "Godless" which was another limited series. Its also really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter